Greetings fellow gamers!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 29, 2024 5:13 am
Had been contemplating to get into PbP for some time but didn't know how or where to start. Harrigan's interview on YouTube brought me here:)

I played and GMed a LOT of TTRPGs back in my school days, then a long hiatus until I rediscovered the joy of and passion for the hobby during the pandemic. Playing and running games IRL about every other week now.

I like anything SciFi, Cyberpunk/*punk and am open to various systems, if not too crunchy (OSR, PbtA, Fate, percentile systems etc.).

I am intrigued by the possibility to play anytime, anywhere. As I also dabble into solo RPGs, I am no stranger to put down character action into writing and am eager to find out how that works in PbP!
Feb 29, 2024 5:22 am
Hi Faluffh. Welcome to GP!
Feb 29, 2024 5:28 am
Welcome, Faluffh!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Feb 29, 2024 6:04 am
Thanks for the welcome everyone, thanks for the guidance
bowlofspinach, will check it out!
Feb 29, 2024 7:04 am
Welcome to the GP community, Faluffh, glad I didn't scare you off!

Now -- a Geoff Darrow avatar, respect! My memory is failing me. Is that from Underground, or Hard Boiled?
Feb 29, 2024 7:29 am
@Harrigan, quite the opposite, thanks!

Yes, the avatar is from Underground which I recently (re-) discovered, glad you like it!
Feb 29, 2024 8:59 am
Welcome Aboard! Plenty of *punk to go around on GamersPlane.
Feb 29, 2024 11:13 am
Greetings and Salutations!
Feb 29, 2024 1:44 pm
Welcome! Glad to hear you're interested to give PbP a proper go, it's excellent for the opportunity to play anytime anywhere.

Loved Underground as a statement game of its time!
Feb 29, 2024 2:04 pm
Welcome Aboard!
Feb 29, 2024 2:07 pm
Welcome to gamersplane.com!
[ +- ] Tiny Invitation
Feb 29, 2024 3:57 pm
Welcome Faluffh! I've been jonsing for some Cyberpunk these past few months myself, and there are plenty of low-crunch settings. Like Resistors (using 24xx) which is about as light as you can go.

Let's wrangle up some choomers!
Feb 29, 2024 4:05 pm
Faluffh says:
Yes, the avatar is from Underground which I recently (re-) discovered, glad you like it!
Aye, one of my very favorite games. Nothing special mechanically, but man — that setting! Very fond memories running it in the early 90s…
Mar 1, 2024 1:00 am
Welcome to GP!
Mar 1, 2024 1:06 am
Quote:
Aye, one of my very favorite games. Nothing special mechanically, but man — that setting! Very fond memories running it in the early 90s…
Oh, wow! Never got to play it but was thinking to incorporate some elements in my ongoing Cy-Borg campaign...

Len

Mar 1, 2024 1:48 am
Welcome to our community, Faluffh!
Mar 1, 2024 4:22 am
Faluffh says:
Oh, wow! Never got to play it but was thinking to incorporate some elements in my ongoing Cy-Borg campaign...
One of my favorite campaigns ever. Played to the soundtrack of Rage Against the Machine's first album, when it first came out. Heady days!
Mar 4, 2024 8:33 am
Welcome :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.