Lightning in a Bottle (OOC)

load previous
Apr 2, 2024 3:16 pm
vagueGM says:
karabooo says:
Quote:
Who shall rescue the rescuer? :)
Who, indeed? "ROALD!!"
Yeah. Not sure you want to put all your eggs in that basket. :)
Airshark says:
in RP ... He pauses for a moment to overthink the situation.
Airshark, this mist seems to be messing with people's ability to roll. I didn't know it could have such meta effects. :)

A common image is of one scratching their head when they pause to think, so scratching is an obvious consequence for that miss, but that can get boring.

Maybe we get Albert back today, I say we wait and see what they are doing, then work this out.
Airshark says:
(in RP)... '' EZMEEE!''
Seems like you are shouting this out very loud? Is that true? If so, Ezme may hear you (though so will anything else).

Let's still wait and see about Albert before we resolve this, it might link into the 6-.
Yes, Roald keeps shouting every x time.

Gronk and Albert to the rescue. Let's wait for them 😉
Apr 2, 2024 3:52 pm
Quote:
I'm gonna post in a few hours. I have more catching up to do than I had hoped for 😅.
Sorry about that! Ezmaray managed to engage the mistling in some dialogue....
Apr 2, 2024 3:56 pm
It should be a quick enough read, and did not take much time in-fiction.
Apr 2, 2024 3:57 pm
vagueGM says:
It should be a quick enough read, and did not take much time in-fiction.
That's unfortunate... The sun coming up would be a great help 😁
Apr 2, 2024 4:01 pm
The moon came up just before it started. Does that help?
Apr 2, 2024 8:13 pm
Well... we seem to be rolling well, huh, team? :/ Yikes.
Apr 2, 2024 8:31 pm
But at least you rolled poorly with style! LOL. Love the poetry!
Apr 2, 2024 8:32 pm
That roll did not match the prayer. Nice one.
Apr 4, 2024 7:17 pm
I'm back and I'll try to post tonight! Let's see if I can help in any way, although I imagine my character is more spent than useful at the moment.
Apr 4, 2024 7:41 pm
There is no mechanical reason for Gronk to be less useful, that is purely an in-fiction choice. Your HP is low but, so long as you stay away from things that might cause damage, that should not be an impediment to your acting. Possibly your character is accustomed to putting himself in a weakened condition and then pushing through?
Apr 6, 2024 4:55 am
I wasn't sure if the scratches were cumulative, so I picked the best option 😉
Apr 6, 2024 4:59 am
We can always adjust the dice rolls after we see them, modifiers are optional. :)
Apr 6, 2024 1:43 pm
Quote:
When the times are dark and evil rules
There's no need for jesters nor for fools
Oh my knight, get me out of this mess
come and save this damsel in distress
LOL. This is hilarious, but totally tracks. Ezme definitely strikes me as the type of listener who jams out to a tune without ever really listening to the lyrics. She probably has no clue what this song is even about. "Damsel in distress--!" LOL. She would be so embarrassed if she knew.

I already had something in mind for her next action. It might provide more clarity.... Probably not.... Not the end of the world if Roald makes his way to Ezme instead of to the bridge, though.
Apr 6, 2024 1:52 pm
Quote:
Ezmaray whistles loud and clear the first popular song she can think of that has a bridge section -- and then she repeats the bridge section, again and again and again.
I completely misunderstood the part about the bridge.
I thought you were using bridge as a musical term. The part of a song that connects 2 other parts. And not as a building/construction

Now I see my mistake. 😂

But this works too.
Last edited April 6, 2024 1:54 pm
Apr 6, 2024 2:07 pm
I was using it as the musical term. LOL. Ezmaray just didn't take into account that the bridges of these songs might have misleading lyrics.
Apr 6, 2024 2:10 pm
Yes your last post made me realize that.
I was just too stupid to make the bridge - bridge connection.
Roald should have picked up on that though, having 'decipher' as a skill. 😉
This mist is doing strange things with his mental abilities.
Apr 6, 2024 4:43 pm
I was wondering about forcing that realisation due to Roald's Decipher, but Ezme is not from around here and different cultures have different understandings of things, they might call parts of a song different things (though we seem to all speak the same language, which is interesting (you will even find the same language in Neculse, which is considered 'a very strange place':)).

Most likely reason I thought of is that many different cultures have slightly different words to famous tunes. So the song Ezme learned as a child might not mention a 'damsel in distress'... but most likely Ezme does not consider herself a damsel at all? She was raised as a mansel, right?
Apr 6, 2024 10:57 pm
Yeah, I had the same thought about there possibly being different words to the tune in Ezme's part of the world.

"MANsel??" Uggghh... LOL.

But yeah.... Ezmaray may be a dame, but in her mind she's no "damsel in distress!"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.