Lightning in a Bottle (OOC)

load previous
Apr 7, 2024 11:35 am
Aargh 5.

Possible outcome: Roald ''deciphers'' he is being tricked and starts walking in the opposite direction than where Ezme is.
Apr 7, 2024 5:48 pm
Hmmm.... Well, the test was to see if he realized the sound had moved. If he failed, does that mean he'd keep going in the direction he was originally headed?
Apr 7, 2024 6:58 pm
Airshark says:
Aargh 5. ...
5? Have you been taking dice rolling lessons from karabooo? :)

I am not seeing any particularly interesting outcomes here, I think you definitely know that something is messing with you, that part is easy to Decipher. However you wandered out into the mist alone and are now lost. You can choose what you want to try to do (keep seeking the damsel, maybe; try to find your way back to the bridge or road, maybe; sit and wait for the damsel to rescue you, maybe; something else, maybe?) but you probably do need rescuing. :)

I will bring the others together so Albert can get in on the action.
Apr 7, 2024 6:59 pm
@GameMaster: We are going to move on, you can catch up when you are ready. For now your ritual has provided the others a safe place to retreat to.
Apr 7, 2024 7:21 pm
vagueGM says:
I will bring the others together so Albert can get in on the action.
That would be great :)
I'd love to jump in on what's going on, but high posting rate has me feeling hopelessly behind.

Would Albert have heard any of the whistles or shouts since they walked further into the river?
Apr 7, 2024 7:38 pm
TheGenerator says:
... high posting rate has me feeling hopelessly behind. ...
Sorry about that. Fortunately, aside from a flurry of one sentence posts during a conversation, they have been about one per day since then.

This is a benefit of splitting up the party, if one group is going slow they don't need to slow down all the others, just those with them.

With all the wondering around and whistling and shouting it has been, maybe, a quarter of an hour? Did Albert spend most of that time tending to Gronk? Or did he do something else that we can resolve as we reconvene?
TheGenerator says:
... Would Albert have heard any of the whistles or shouts ...
Sure, you will have heard such noises from all around you in the mist, but they are confusing.

Did you venture out? If so we can either say you came back in short order (very wise) or we can change the 'two men' Ezme sees on the bridge.
Apr 8, 2024 12:42 am
GameMaster says:
(in RP)Gronk replies to Albert, "These wounds are more than flesh and blood- they are the cost of my magic. That may be why your healing did not work, ..."
Precisely my thoughts (as also noted in the previously 'private note' (testing the site feature:) here). :)
Apr 9, 2024 8:10 am
Can I have some new dice please?
Apr 9, 2024 10:55 am
Quote:
Can I have some new dice please?
LOL. I was gonna say.........
Apr 10, 2024 2:47 pm
Let me know if I should have done a roll or something to find Roald's trail. It seemed as though she was able to pursue Shireen's trail easily enough earlier, so I concluded that maybe this skill was narratively something of a given for Ezme because of her background.
Apr 10, 2024 3:07 pm
@karabooo, Albert is finding Ezme quite suspicious. If you want to resolve that in a specific way, we can talk about it OOC and work towards that goal together :)
Apr 10, 2024 3:11 pm
karabooo says:
Let me know if I should have done a roll or something to find Roald's trail. It seemed as though she was able to pursue Shireen's trail easily enough earlier, so I concluded that maybe this skill was narratively something of a given for Ezme because of her background.
Not a problem, this is probably the most efficient way to play play-by-post. Post what you want to happen and have the GM call for rolls as needed to get you there.

There are reasons that that previous trail was 'easy' to follow.

Your Survival Skill often means you don't need to roll for such things in situations where others might have to. If there are no interesting costs then the fact that you treat 6-s at 7-9s means you just can't fail, so why bother.
Apr 10, 2024 3:50 pm
karabooo says:
(in RP) ... No one laughs at House Felder." She turns, following the trail and muttering under her breath: "... unless Ezme cracks terrible joke."
I laughed at you. I hope that is OK. :)
Apr 10, 2024 3:53 pm
LOL. Forgiven.

Was that convincing enough, @TheGenerator ? Shall I do a roll?
Apr 10, 2024 3:56 pm
It's convincing enough to get Albert to work with Ezme for now. But it will take more for him to trust her. Finding Roald should do the trick 🙂

I'm curious to hear these terrible jokes.
Apr 10, 2024 4:03 pm
Haha! Sorry, Albert. I swear Ezme usually isn't so scary. She's just covering and countering her fear/anxiety with fury right now.
Apr 10, 2024 4:14 pm
12! :: licks fingertip and puts it on arm, making a sizzling sound ::
Apr 10, 2024 4:17 pm
Suspiciously too easy? :)

Go ahead and narrate finding Roald.
Apr 10, 2024 5:38 pm
vagueGM says:
Suspiciously too easy? :)
I knew it!!! 😁
Apr 10, 2024 5:42 pm
Haha. Can't win!

Hey, how do you guys make emojis in here?? My hands feel so tied without them!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.