Lightning in a Bottle (OOC)

load previous
Apr 16, 2024 1:12 pm
Okay, now if Gronk should fall, you can carry on. Given his low HP, that's a distinct possibility. I only hope he should go doing something cool. On a related note, I think my time in this game is drawing to a close, so Gronk leaving in a blaze of glory in a week or two would not be a bad way to end.
Apr 16, 2024 5:28 pm
How does the mist effect roald's speach and movement?
I suspect it depends on how long he is in it? Or is it cumulative?
I wanted to start speaking slurred in the previous scene, but didn't because of it being complex enough already 😉
Apr 16, 2024 5:46 pm
Are you in the mist, Roald? I thought the spell was mostly protecting us again....
Apr 16, 2024 5:48 pm
I thought we were running/walking in the mist, in front of the lagging circle of clear weather.
So of we stop, it will catch up with us.
Apr 16, 2024 6:50 pm
Airshark says:
I thought we were running/walking in the mist, in front of the lagging circle of clear weather.
So of we stop, it will catch up with us.
I thought that too.
Apr 17, 2024 1:12 am
Airshark says:
... How does the mist effect roald's speach and movement? ...
Up to you really.
Airshark says:
... I suspect it depends on how long he is in it? Or is it cumulative? ...
I don't think a constant accumulation sounds fun. So maybe we say that you can recover if you are out of the mist and start a buildup again when you enter? Both take time so you can play with how affected you are by adjusting the dials of how long you spent out vs in last time, and how much you got to recover.

I would make the recovery fairly quick, so you can clear it if you need to. The onset can be paced as seems fun, based on the events that happen.

You will have to wait for it to trigger again before you know if the In the Mist Scratch-counter resets or continues.
Learning this at a bad time may be bad. :)
Airshark says:
... didn't because of it being complex enough already ...
Hehe. That can complicate the scene, for sure. Bring it in when it seems fun.

Remember, you can always describe Roald as speaking slurred while not typing out hard to write, and even harder to read, slurred speech. Do what works for you.
Airshark says:
... I thought we were running/walking in the mist, in front of the lagging circle of clear weather.
So of we stop, it will catch up with us. ...
You stopped long enough to get some breathing room, but it is up to you how fast you want to travel and if you want to leave the protection of the circle.

You tell me if you are ahead of the circle. I will respond once I know.
Apr 17, 2024 5:48 pm
It sounds like Roald would like to play with some slurred speech, so I'm okay setting a fast pace. It might help me actually see/interact with Wankle, as well, should they choose to appear.
Apr 18, 2024 2:47 am
That's one heck of a drop of water, to put out a torch! But alright, I'll run with it.

Ezme is in the front, so clearly there's nothing between her and the critters that direction. She paused long enough for the others to group up behind her if they want, but that's up to them, obviously!

If the creatures don't attack immediately, she would like to make an "offering" to them before we continue moving forward. But right now I need to go to bed. :)
Apr 18, 2024 4:07 am
karabooo says:
That's one heck of a drop of water, to put out a torch! But alright, I'll run with it.
Indeed. There seemed to be misunderstanding about the 'fog light' effect happening, so I turned off the light so you could know for sure that the torch-light was blinding your all.

The torch was damp from passing through the mist, already burning low (they only last a short while, maybe 10-30 minutes)... and I said 'as if by coincidence' so there may have been some level of direction happening (though why the 'enemy' would aid you in such a way is anybodies guess:).
Apr 19, 2024 10:53 am
I'm going to wait another half day or so for @GameMaster to answer about where they are in the group [ref] and allow the rest to talk, then I will respond to the blood offering.
Apr 19, 2024 11:28 am
Gronk is in the middle of the group according to this post
Apr 21, 2024 12:57 am
Sorry about that, Gronk is indeed in the middle of the group.
Apr 23, 2024 7:39 am
REF: in RP
I was thinking maybe this blessing can slow down the effect of the mist on Ezme's scratch. Is that an option?
Apr 23, 2024 7:43 am
Sounds like an option. Cure says it can tackle 'curses' and 'poisons' as well as 'wounds', so one of them may apply.
Apr 23, 2024 7:57 am
Oh, I didn't even consider that it would fall under 'cure'. Even better :)
Apr 23, 2024 7:58 am
The dice will tell us. :)
Apr 23, 2024 1:24 pm
So, I don't know a whole lot about the gods/goddesses and religions of this world. Are the gods very active in this world, and is Raynor worshipped globally or at least recognized as a trustworthy source? How likely is it that Ezme has encountered followers of Raynor and had positive interactions with them?
Apr 23, 2024 1:29 pm
We don't know of any other instance of gods being actively involved in current events. Albert is special.

Raynor is the god of Fire and Conquest, so not likely to be the most friendly god around. You have probably encountered his temples and worshipers at some point. TheGenerator can tell use what the other ones are like, but there are good and bad among all groups, so you can also have whatever history you want.
Apr 23, 2024 2:17 pm
Fire and conquest?? Oh. Oh dear..... 😆 <-- (Yata!)
Apr 23, 2024 2:18 pm
Yeah, there may be a reason we all speak the same language. :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.