Another Noob?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 25, 2024 3:33 am
Hi, I’m new to this site but not new to PbP. I’ve mostly been playing on the Paizo boards, but wanted to try someplace new where I’m more likely to find a rules-lite/PbtA game.

I heard wonderful things about GP from a GM I’ve been gaming with about 3 or 4 years, so… here I am anyway!
Mar 25, 2024 3:43 am
Welcome to GP!
Mar 25, 2024 4:16 am
Welcome!
Mar 25, 2024 5:11 am
Welcome!
Mar 25, 2024 5:29 am
Welcome to GP! This is a great place for the kind of games you're looking for. Have fun :) .
Mar 25, 2024 5:36 am
Welcome Aboard!
Mar 25, 2024 6:38 am
Welcome, Legendary_Sidekick!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Mar 25, 2024 7:05 am
Welcome to the GP community, Legendary_Sidekick! Fair bit of PbtA played over here, amongst lots of other things, so you should be in luck if you're patient. (Actually, I think a Masks game is recruiting now...)

Also, if we're going to add a sidekick, a legendary one sounds like the way to go!
Mar 25, 2024 10:04 am
Thanks, all!

@Harrigan, the Masks game looks promising. I saw you had posted that you’d be too busy for it, but the people interested in playing seem like a fun bunch (based on their why-I-want-to-play comments).
Mar 25, 2024 12:19 pm
Welcome to gamersplane.com!
[ +- ] Tiny Invitation
Mar 25, 2024 1:31 pm
Welcome!
Mar 25, 2024 1:43 pm
Hey Legendary_Sidekick! Welcome to GP! I've been delighted by the offers of rules-lite/PbtA games - and interest in players joining ones I run - on here. Wishing you lots of fun finding something that works for you!
Mar 25, 2024 2:14 pm
Thanks again for the welcomes!

@Psybermagi, I like the simplicity of TinyD6. I ran a Lasers and Feelings hack last summer and Tiny D6 is even rules-lighter, which is awesome. (You could even play it with Fate Dice, succeeding when you get a + on at least one die.) Whether I take you up on the offer or not, I really appreciate the invite!!

@Beardhare, I noticed some of the games on your interest list. TSL… I played a nature witch. She was a blast! Girl By Moonlight sounds interesting, though I know very little about it. (I learned of its existence about a month ago.)
Last edited March 25, 2024 2:24 pm
Mar 25, 2024 2:42 pm
Welcome tot he fold!
Mar 25, 2024 2:50 pm
Welcome :)
Mar 25, 2024 2:54 pm
Oh, I'd love to play those systems - nature witch sounds like a lot of fun :) :) I dunno, I'm kinda waiting for just the right kind of idea or feeling to set in to try running one of them. Also to find a group that I think would be excited to go all in, and be really focused on feeilng safe, with the vulnerablity and the feels involved in them.

Been looking at Apocalypse Keys too, as another game that goes right for the feels - although, again, need the right urge for the right story there, I think...
Last edited March 25, 2024 2:56 pm
Mar 25, 2024 3:47 pm
Welcome to GP, Legendary_Sidekick!
Mar 25, 2024 10:22 pm
Legendary_Sidekick, be you welcome!
Mar 26, 2024 10:34 am
Thanks again!

@Beardhare, I know that feeling. I’ve had a good streak of running one-shot home-brews and hacks, but am kinda spinning my wheels on what to run next.

The fun of Nature Witch was this move:
https://i.imgur.com/0bZA2XG.jpeg
I always used whatever force of nature existed in a place. I used an ice sculpture to make a dance floor slippery for a specific NPC. I turned gravity sideways so the party could walk up a tower. (Stone with ivy, so Earth magic seemed fair.) And my favorite 7-9 roll: my character could swim in the air (over a lake), but the cost was that she needed to dip her head into the water to breathe.
Last edited March 26, 2024 10:37 am
Mar 27, 2024 1:22 pm
Welcome! And yes you'll find PbtA well played here, a number of favourites among us.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.