Chapter 6.2: Daring Rescue

load previous
May 9, 2024 9:23 pm
OOC:
It sounds like two different things are being said.

If someone is not moving and firing someone else can go through their pack.
Or
If someone is not moving or firing someone else can go through their pack.

Because I don't understand what would stop someone from going through someone else's pack if the pack-carrier is not moving.
May 9, 2024 10:43 pm
OOC:
I meant moving or being fired upon (dodging). Anything like that prevents someone from easily searching through your stuff.

If you ready and drop it, though, they can scoop from the floor. So that's another possibility if the pack carrier is not stationary but uses the main action from the pack carrier to ready an stowed item, so they cannot fire.
May 10, 2024 12:06 pm
Peter will stay in the same place and take another burst at R3.

Rolls

Peter Morgan: Laser Rifle (burst) - ToHit - (1d20+5)

(13) + 5 = 18

Peter Morgan: Laser Rifle (burst) - Damage - (1d10+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

May 10, 2024 3:49 pm
OOC:
Quote:
if you want we can say I reloaded while we were running.
Yup. It makes sense that you reloaded in between.
Trade Era 1235, Day 163. 12:30:00 UTC

Abandoned dome, Underworld, Zyronis

With precise movements, James moved inside the building and took cover near Maya Chen. Despite the chaos unfolding around them, James intoned, his voice calm and measured:

"Greetings, Maya Chen. How may I be of assistance to you?"

Maya's surprise was palpable when she laid eyes on James, a Synth worth 50 thousand credits, standing before her. The sight of such advanced technology amid the chaos of combat was unexpected, to say the least. Maya glanced up at the robot, her eyes weary. Her nerves were frayed, her hands trembling. Her voice wavered as she spoke, betraying her anxiety in the face of danger.

"I... I need a Lift stim and a medkit," Maya stammered, her words faltering as she struggled to maintain her composure.

James, ever attentive to her needs, responded without hesitation, presenting the requested items from his backpack with a mechanical precision that only served to heighten Maya's sense of unease. With her hands trembling slightly, Maya kept her head down, applied the Lift stim in herself and focused on steadying her breathing, desperate to find a moment of respite amidst the chaos of battle.

"Captain, are you okay? Do you need medical assistance?" - Maya then shouted over the deafening roar of gunfire, her voice barely audible above the cacophony of battle.

With the heavy machine gun from R5 continuing to unleash a storm of bullets towards her position, Elena Ramirez knew that she needed to prioritize defense over offense. As she sought full cover behind the remnants of the duracrete wall, Elena focused on buying time, knowing that reinforcements had just arrived. Bullets whizzed past her with frightening speed, but miraculously, none found their mark.

She spared a quick glance towards Maya, her eyes reflecting gratitude and determination. "I'm fine, Maya," she replied, her voice strained but resolute. "Focus on your own safety. Reinforcements have arrived."

As the chaos of battle continued to unfold, with a steady hand and unwavering focus, Peter released a blast of energy towards R3, the concentrated fire hitting home and causing the mechanical attacker to falter under the onslaught. The damaged robot emitted a series of sparks and buzzed erratically, its movements becoming sluggish but still functioning. But Corbin and Douklan found their shots missing their marks. Despite their best efforts, their aim faltered amidst the chaos and urgency of the situation. Once again, Douklan's plasma projector whined with energy, but his shot veered off course.
OOC:
R3 takes 7 damage
Unfortunately, Corbin was still exposed and crossing open ground. Now three of the robots shifted their focus towards him, their laser beams converging with deadly precision. Despite his valiant efforts to hold his ground, Corbin found himself overwhelmed. With a cry of pain, Corbin stumbled forward, his body convulsing as the intense energy of the lasers seared through his armor and scorched his flesh. He was still alive and moving, but barely.
OOC:
Corbin took 25 more damage. Ouch! =( You can act as usual, but be careful, as you have very little HP left.
https://i.imgur.com/4SLcdpy.jpeg
Trade Era 1235, Day 163. 12:30:00 UTC

Abandoned dome entrance, Underworld, Zyronis

The air hummed with tension as Mercer and Hank navigated through the labyrinthine corridors of Zyronis. The glow of their flashlights pierced the darkness, casting eerie shadows on the walls adorned with rusted pipes and flickering bluish lights. But something changed as the distant echoes of gunfire reverberated through the tunnels, punctuated by the metallic clang of combat.

"Sounds like trouble," Mercer said, his breath quickening with urgency.

"Yeah," Hank replied, his grip tightening on his laser rifle.

Their pace quickened, fueled by a blend of adrenaline and determination. As they rounded a corner, they reached an area with pipes and the outer doors of the underground dome loomed before them, just ahead. But, attracted by the noise, a new threat emerged.

Hank's heart sank as he caught sight of it: another cybernetically-enhanced ape, its body bristling with augmentations, located between them and the entrance of the dome where Peter, Corbin and Douklan fought. In between them, there was also a pipe. To go over that pipe, Mercer would either have to jump or go through the stairs on his left (F13 to F10).

https://i.imgur.com/BUiaOdU.jpeg
OOC:
Players won the initiative. What do you do?

Rolls

R1, R3, R4 fires at Corbin AC14 - (1d20+2, 1d20+2, 1d20+2)

1d20+2 : (17) + 2 = 19

1d20+2 : (18) + 2 = 20

1d20+2 : (13) + 2 = 15

R2 fires at Peter AC 18 - (1d20+1)

(8) + 1 = 9

R5 fires at Elena AC19 - (1d20+1)

(15) + 1 = 16

Initiative (ape) - (1d8)

(2) = 2

Iniative (Mercer) - (2d8h1+1)

(51) + 1 = 6

Damage - Corbin (3 shots) - (3d10)

(979) = 25

May 10, 2024 4:45 pm
"Oh.
No."

"Don't stop firing on it..."

Mercer will move to F10 and use Total Defense.
May 10, 2024 6:36 pm
OOC:
I am pretty sure Hank has a laser rifle, not a plasma rifle. Unfortunately.
"Hoping for the best!"

Firing away!

EDIT: Oops. I gotta adjust my page. There is another +1 on the to-hit since he has a +1 attack bonus.

EDIT2: Also, I should be using Burst Mode. If possible, I'd like this to have been done in Burst Mode. This would add two extra damage points. (I forgot about this ability until just checking the rules. Hopefully this isn't too late!)
Last edited May 10, 2024 7:07 pm

Rolls

Hank Heron: Shoot at Ape - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Damage to Ape - (1d10)

(6) = 6

May 10, 2024 7:32 pm
OOC:

Quote:
I am pretty sure Hank has a laser rifle, not a plasma rifle. Unfortunately.
Fixed, thanks!
Quote:
EDIT2: Also, I should be using Burst Mode. If possible, I'd like this to have been done in Burst Mode. This would add two extra damage points. (I forgot about this ability until just checking the rules. Hopefully this isn't too late!)
Okay, I will consider Burst Mode. It gives a +2 bonus to hit and damage against the target.

Results will be written for both groups simultaneously, so please stand by =)
May 10, 2024 7:42 pm
so just to clarify, while combat is going on, all of one group acts, you respond then the other group can act correct?
May 10, 2024 7:44 pm
OOC:
Nops. Both groups can act. I will respond (usually) to both groups in a single post.
May 10, 2024 8:36 pm
"Peter, I'll try to distract them-" Douklan yells to his crewmate. "You see if you can pull Corbin into cover!"

Douklan yells and runs north, out from behind the tree, releases another plasma ball from the projector at R3, and tries to draw fire from R1, R3, and R4 as he moves to their flank.
OOC:
My goal is to move so that there is a wall between Douklan and R2 and R5. If there's a wall between (BF,53) and (BF,54), he'll go to (BF,54). If that's not a wall (just a curb, perhaps), he'll go to (BH,52).

Edit: Whew: finally a hit! I was starting to get worried about running out of ammunition!
Last edited May 10, 2024 8:38 pm

Rolls

Plasma Projector, damage on a hit - (1d20+6, 2d8+1)

1d20+6 : (19) + 6 = 25

2d8+1 : (73) + 1 = 11

May 10, 2024 10:43 pm
OOC:
Special post, even without a complete round, as that can change Peter and Corbin actions.
The air crackled with the raw power of the plasma as it streaked through the battlefield, tearing through the metallic exterior of the robot with devastating force. In a burst of sparks and smoke, the mechanical assailant shuddered and convulsed, its circuits fried and its systems overwhelmed by the attack.

With a deafening roar, the damaged robot exploded in a fireball of twisted metal and sparking wires, its threat neutralized by Douklan's shot.
OOC:
R3 is no more. To act:
- Peter
- Corbin
May 11, 2024 9:11 pm
Peter watches as Corbin receives the barage of shots, and can't help to let his thoughts get the best of him.

"FUCK"

he scream and starts to follow Douklan's plan, he does not have enough movement to get to Corbin in one round, be he will start making his way to BB59 also to try and create more targets, he will take burst shots at R4 and scream to Corbin.

"go for cover, we got you"

He will try to gesture at corbin towards the car cover at AS61
OOC:
just explaining my tough process, i could use my action to run the rest of the way to Corbin, but as he still needs to act on his turn
he would run away for cover and i would not be able to shoot, if i misunderstood and he's unable to move let me know and i will change it

Rolls

(11) + 5 = 16

(6) + 2 = 8

May 11, 2024 10:06 pm
OOC:
Quote:
f i misunderstood and he's unable to move let me know
Corbin can move and act as usual. He "just" took a lot of damage.
May 13, 2024 1:01 pm
Draw attention away from survivors, Check. Survive, working on it.

Corbin clenches his teeth as the various attacks strike him. Glancing ahead, he's not sure he sees any viable cover. At this distance, prone may be all he has.
OOC:
Corbin moves to AS60, drops prone and fires a burst back at R4.
OOC:
Burst damage should have been on there, so it's +2 more.
Last edited May 13, 2024 1:03 pm

Rolls

[SWN] Corbin McRogers: Laser Rifle* - ToHit - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

[SWN] Corbin McRogers: Laser Rifle* - Damage - (1d10+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

May 13, 2024 1:39 pm
Trade Era 1235, Day 163. 12:30:06 UTC

Abandoned dome, Underworld, Zyronis

As the battle raged on, Elena Ramirez's voice cut through the chaos, an idea coming to her mind. "Maya, James, retreat deeper into the abandoned warehouse!" she shouted, her words carrying above the din of gunfire and machinery.

Maya nodded in understanding, her nerves frayed but her resolve unwavering as she urged James to follow her towards the relative safety of the warehouse's interior. They moved deeper into the darkness, their hearts pounding as the enemy robots followed just behind.

But, unfortunately, as the battle reached its crescendo, Captain Elena Ramirez found herself in the line of fire of the relentless robot wielding the heavy machine gun. Despite her best efforts to evade its deadly barrage, a hail of bullets found their mark, striking her with merciless precision. She died instantaneously.

Meanwhile, Douklan's voice rang out amidst the cacophony of battle outside as he shouted to his crewmate.
Quote:
"Peter, I'll try to distract them!" he called out, "You see if you can pull Corbin into cover!"
With a nod of understanding, Peter sprang into action, his laser rifle blazing as he unleashed a volley of fire towards one of the approaching robots. The concentrated energy tore through the mechanical assailant, almost destroying it. But Corbin also shot towards R4 and finished the attack, burning the robot's head and disabling it.

But the remaining robot (R1) fought back and shot Corbin. The air was filled with the acrid scent of burnt fleash and ozone as Corbin lay sprawled on the ground, his breath coming in ragged gasps as he struggled to regain his bearings. His vision swam with spots of light, his ears ringing from the deafening roar of battle as he fought to push past the overwhelming pain coursing through his body. He passed out.
OOC:
Corbin has 0 hit points now. He is out of combat, but, because of his Die Hard, he stabilized automatically before passing out.
[ +- ] Die Hard (lvl 1)
OOC:
R4 was dead and I realized that later, so please ignore the R4 roll vs Peter below.
Anyway, next round! What do you do?
https://i.imgur.com/8YMUZga.jpeg
Trade Era 1235, Day 163. 12:30:06 UTC

Abandoned dome entrance, Underworld, Zyronis

The room was bathed in the soft glow of lamps and flickering orange lights as Mercer carefully made his way across the stairs and the iron floor grid, his vibroblade poised and ready. The cybernetically-enhanced ape loomed before him, its augmented form pulsating with primal fury.

As Mercer neared the edge of the pipe, the ape lunged forward, its claws slashing through the air with inhuman speed. Mercer now realized that the enhanced gorilla could attack twice as fast as an unaugmented human. Either way, with a deft sidestep, Mercer narrowly evaded the first deadly strike, but the second claw found its mark, tearing through his shoulder with a sickening crunch.
OOC:
Mercer takes 5 damage
Hank, repositioning himself into higher ground, wasted no time. With a swift motion, he raised his laser rifle and fired, a burst of concentrated energy streaking towards the ape. The blast struck true, searing through the creature's augmented flesh and eliciting a primal roar of pain.
OOC:
Took the liberty to move Hank, as I don't think you realized Mercer and the pipe between you and the enemy would give the ape some cover. There was an easily accessible higher ground to your right. Hank would surely notice, so I moved him.
But even though it was hurt, the ape persisted, its resilience fueled by cybernetic enhancements. With a snarl, it turned its attention back to Mercer, its eyes ablaze with fury…

https://i.imgur.com/soEOOPu.jpeg
OOC:
Next round! What do you do?

Rolls

Ape vs Mercer AC19 (Full defense) - (1d20+6, 1d20+6)

1d20+6 : (19) + 6 = 25

1d20+6 : (8) + 6 = 14

R2, R4 vs Peter AC18 - (1d20+1, 1d20+2)

1d20+1 : (16) + 1 = 17

1d20+2 : (11) + 2 = 13

R1 vs Corbin AC14 (Prone: -2 to attack) - (1d20)

(18) = 18

R5 vs Elena AC17 (Partial cover, full defense) - (1d20+1)

(17) + 1 = 18

R1 - Damage to Corbin - (1d10)

(4) = 4

R5 - Damage to Elena - (3d6)

(363) = 12

Ape - Damage to Mercer - (1d6+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

May 13, 2024 3:10 pm
Hank fires again, hoping for the best! Burst mode, so that is a total of six shots out if his 20 so far ...

... and a miss. :(
Last edited May 13, 2024 3:11 pm

Rolls

Hank Heron: Shoot - (1d20+1+2)

(5) + 3 = 8

May 13, 2024 3:17 pm
Mercer, realizing that this fight probably won't be won defensively decided to try offence, trying to fight through the pain.
OOC:
this is going to be rough...
Last edited May 13, 2024 3:25 pm

Rolls

Mercer Canaan Furio: Stab - Usual roll - (1D20+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

May 14, 2024 4:40 am
Peter will run towards corbin getting to AV59, he will shoot another laser rifle burst towards the robot that just shot his friend(R1).

Rolls

(7) + 5 = 12

(4) + 2 = 6

May 14, 2024 5:02 am
Douklan curses loudly, then yells. "You're supposed to SHOOT AT ME!" The plasma projector whines up again. "Shoot at me, you stupid robots! Like THIS!" He depresses the firing stud and the sphere of plasma launches at R1.
Last edited May 14, 2024 5:03 am

Rolls

Plasma Projector, damage on a hit - (1d20+6, 2d8+1)

1d20+6 : (14) + 6 = 20

2d8+1 : (37) + 1 = 11

load next

Thread locked