Gameplay!

load previous
Jun 12, 2024 4:16 pm
Sarah sighs and hikes up her skirts, trying to catch up with the rest down the tunnel.

"Let's keep a look out for hieroglyphys just in case they have any insight into where we're going..."
Jun 13, 2024 12:03 pm
I'll try to post the next section tonight. Based on what y'all said, expect traps and more heiroglyphics!
Jun 16, 2024 8:01 pm
Okay, so I lied about when I would post (insert general life excuse), but I'm doing it now!

As you guys walk deeper into the tomb, you notice the air feels more moist, and you even begin to see small spots of moisture on the walls. Eventually, you come to a spot where you find a small puddle on the floor, and then another, until it looks like it is getting wetter the deeper you go. With every roll that you make here, I'm going to need you to also roll a single d6 to see if you spring the water flood trap (on a 6).

After some walking, you finally come to another dead end, where a wall filled with heiroglyphics blocks your way. Anyone who wants can investigate the wall and the carvings. Also, lining the walls on the sides are strange humanoid statues holding weapons of various types. As you stop to look at the wall, you get the feeling that something is watching you, and you swear you saw one of them move out of the corner of your eye. Anyone who is not investigating the wall can investigate the statues if they would like.
Jun 17, 2024 7:47 pm
Dmitry did not have the head for puzzles, but what he did have was an eye for weapons and possible lucre. Besides, he had already had his fill of visions and hallucinations. With that in mind he ignored the hieroglyphs and instead studied the odd statues and their weaponry.

So much effort to carve these things. For what purpose? The builders never would have expected to have them seen by us.

Rolls

Do anything Lvl 1 : Investigation - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Flood trigger - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Jun 18, 2024 2:01 am
Sarah swiftly moves forward to the carvings.

"Mr. Garrick, does your scarab help with anything over here?"

She pulls out the Egyptology book with basic hieroglyphic information to help puzzle out what is written.

Rolls

Puzzling (LV 2) - (2d6)

(33) = 6

Trap (Water Flood) - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Jun 18, 2024 6:30 pm
"I don't know, it didn't helped at all in the last room, but I can always give it a try... Maybe I was holding it wrong or something." With this, Timothy grabs his scarab once again and goes to help Sarah decipher those hieroglyphs.

Rolls

Do Anything (to help decipher the hieroglyphs) 1 - (1d6)

(2) = 2

(4) = 4

Jun 18, 2024 7:45 pm
Sommers walks down the corridor grumbling under his breath, mostly to himself. Could've been sitting in the shade with a gin and tonic but oh no, here we are God only knows how deep in some bloody ruins in the desert.

He pauses. A familiar feeling of being watched. Wait, did one of those statues move?

Rolls

Spot Movement (Do Anything 1) - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Jun 18, 2024 7:49 pm
OOC:
Oh yes, the trap...

Rolls

(4) = 4

Jun 18, 2024 8:55 pm
Dmitry- on a 2, you study the statues and can see that the detail carved into them is intricate, almost life-like. It seems like someone(s) must have put an immense amount of time and energy into creating these works of art, but for the life of you, you cannot figure out why someone would have done that.

Sarah- on a 6, you begin to decipher the heiroglyphics on the wall, which tell the history of the Mummy that we have already described. You manage to make your way through the words slowly, taking time to identify each glyph as you piece together a rough story. As you near the end, you find yourself struggling to get the details down, but the text clearly warns of a curse and imminent danger to all who travel into the tomb.
Jun 18, 2024 8:57 pm
Sommers- You stare at the statue, daring it to move again. But when you blink, it seems one of the statues several feet over has shifted. As you continue to concentrate on one statue, it seems the other ones shift around subtly and impercetibly, as if mocking you. On a 3, you don't know if you are crazy or if these statues are actually moving the slightest bit.
Jun 21, 2024 1:06 pm
Sarah relays to the others what she is able to gather from the hieroglyphics.

"Wonderful, it’s curses, traps, and doom as we make our way through this tomb."

Sarah tries to piece together from the text if the curse and danger writings imply certain traps to watch out for.
OOC:
Will try to puzzle if the text implies "watery death" or ways to avoid certain doom like "step only in the light"

Rolls

Puzzling (LV 2) - (2d6)

(24) = 6

(3) = 3

Jun 24, 2024 3:23 am
Sarah- you don't get a warning about a water trap (only because there were more exciting things to write about), but you do see mention of necromantic magic- maybe with something about a stone familiar? Or was it a stone guardian? The hieroglyphics are very old and don't seem to translate fully, but you get the overall message that something is likely to come to life to guard the tomb, probably in the very near future.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.