[OPEN] Lego D&D Adventure (5e) – Red Dragon’s

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedDungeons & Dragons 5thPublic5 / weekquilltid
Hello, this will be my first attempt at GMing. We will be exploring the Lego one-shot adventure collaboration between Lego and Wizards of the Coast. This is definitely an adventure that is more designed for beginners or a younger crowd, PG to PG-13 themes. All levels of experience and backgrounds welcome! LGBTQ+ friendly!

You are adventurers, hired by local townsfolk to protect them from the wrath of the great red dragon Cinderhowl, who has recently left her lair to terrorize those nearby and no one knows what has awoken her and her wrath. You were enticed, both by the gold and the famous hot wings the area is known for. Come along for a one-shot adventure!

Since we do not have the advantage of using the Lego set to set the scene, we will be doing some homebrewing. Once per scene, players will have the option to "build" something like the Lego movie. You can build a catapult with bricks in the scene to get over the castle wall or a rickshaw to quickly transport an NPC. You may also earn inspiration to use for an additional build or re-rolling a poor result by providing especially creative solutions or pun-tastic quips during the game! I will try to provide some images as well to help set the scene.

All puzzles/fights will have the potential for a non-combat solution, but please feel free to deal with each situation as you please! We are working together to create a fun story for all!

May 14, 2024 8:48 pm
System: D&D 5th edition with some homebrew
Players: Four Level 5 Adventurers, your choice of make your own or pre-generated
Posting frequency: Aiming for 5 posts/week in private game forum
Who can play: All experiences, backgrounds, LGBTQ+ friendly
Length: One-Shot Adventure
Rating: PG to PG-13
How to apply: Please post interest below according to application information, players chosen based on application and then random dice roll

Game Details

https://i.imgur.com/8nwJVBA.jpeg

You are adventurers, hired by local townsfolk to protect them from the wrath of the great red dragon Cinderhowl, who has recently left her lair to terrorize those nearby and no one knows what has awoken her and brought forth her wrath. You were enticed by both gold and the town’s famous hot wings. Come along for a one-shot adventure!

Hello, I’ve been enjoying being part of this site and finally feel confident enough to try GMing my first game. We will be exploring the Lego one-shot adventure collaboration between Lego and Wizards of the Coast. This is definitely an adventure that is more designed for beginners or a younger crowd, expect PG to PG-13 content and humor. LGBTQ+ friendly! All levels of experience and all backgrounds welcome!

Searching for four Level 5 adventurers. We can finalize character info during session zero. Aiming for posting 5 times a week and a private game, but if the interest posts indicate people prefer differently, I can adjust for the group. I do tend to post more often on weekdays than weekends. The game provides pre-generated characters and you can play one of those if you like, but I think it’d be fun to allow for people to make their own characters and backgrounds, limiting to Player’s Handbook, Tasha’s Cauldron, and Xanathar’s Guide. To help give an idea on what kind of skills may be expected in the game, the pre-generated characters include an orc rogue, an elf wizard, a dwarf cleric, and a gnome fighter.

I may be making it tough on myself, but since we do not have the advantage of using the Lego set to set the scene, we will be doing some homebrewing. Once per scene/thread, players will have the option to "build" something to help with the situation like the Lego movie. You can build a catapult with bricks in the scene to get over the castle wall or a rickshaw to quickly transport an NPC. You may also earn inspiration for an additional build or to re-roll a poor result by providing especially creative solutions in the game or making pun-tastic quips! I will try to provide some images as well to help set the scene.

All puzzles/fights will have the potential for a non-combat solution, but please feel free to deal with each situation as you please! We are working together to create a fun story for all!

As this is my first game to GM, the game may not flow like you are used to, but it also gives you the opportunity to give lots of feedback on what works for you. I would like to do a quick "Lines and Veils" along with the session zero. I also plan to include a "Stars and Wishes" thread and check-ins halfway through and at the end of the adventure. If you are not familiar with the "Stars and Wishes" system, players have the opportunity to talk about what they like in the game (star) like "I really like the puzzle difficulty so far" or "Player X did a great job staying in character during this section of the game." They also have the opportunity to give recommendations to improve enjoyment of the game (wish) like "I wish the game included more combat, specifically with zombies."

Application Info: If you are interested, please check out the game details and include in your interest post below: 1) what type of game you are hoping for (more roleplay, more combat, more exploration?), 2) what would you build with Lego bricks if you could, and 3) when posting would be best for you (times per week, weekdays vs weekends, etc.).

Planning to close recruitment by Monday, 05/20. If we are fortunate enough to have interest of more than 4 players, invitations will be based on application and then dice roll.
May 15, 2024 12:43 am
If you need someone to fill up a spot I'm here, bit if you have plenty of applications take someone else. Game concept is Interesting but I'm near my limit of games.
Definitely Prefer Roleplay, and I guess you could sorta call it exploration understanding the way the world works and thinking about how that effects my character.
Honestly I'm not sure what I'd build, I'm thinking something large or something practical, but big things like tables are really simple just a hunch of blocks and practical stuf well that's even more difficult, maybe do up the inside of an room so that it's like a lego cave.
I probably post more during the weekdays, but there's not really a particular time I'm more available and starting in the summer I'll be more available weekends.
May 15, 2024 9:34 am
Ciao! New to Gamers Plane but not to PbP. I'd love to join in the fun! I'd like to play in any kind of game, but I do like roleplay and combat. To be honest, I heven't really played any PbP games where exploration is a huge mechanic; other than wanderin around a dungion. I'm also very curious how the Lego mechanic will play out. :) What would I build right this moment? A Cylon Raider from the old 1970's Battlestar Galactic show. I think I saw one online, and now I have the urge to find and buy one. For posting frequency, I can consistently post at least once a day for 5 days/week. Perhaps more depending upon RL. If it matters, I live in GMT+8.
May 15, 2024 10:46 am
Hi quilltid!

Thanks for offering. :)

I would be very interested, in playing this game. Especially the Lego part sounds fun & new to me.

Gamewise I prefer a good mix of social, exploration and fighting. Long dungeons crawls aren't my thing any more. "See how the world works" - as mentioned above - sounds pretty good.

Characterwise a rogue or ranger would interest me the most atm. (This may change. ;)

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8xAK26sssSWyrxOn3FKAUxkBcP3FLT3jrqA&usqp=CAU
May 15, 2024 6:25 pm
I am really interested...though I am in a lot of games right now. I will join if a player is needed to make it happen

edit: as for the questions

1. Combat and social interactions. Exploration and puzzle solving is great but with the focuses on those would be great
2. in real life, something for my children. My son likes to play with toy animals and build a zoo with his legos, so a life size version of that for him.
3. Weekdays, once a day is normally pretty easy to maintain
Last edited May 15, 2024 7:08 pm
May 16, 2024 5:07 pm
I'd like to join as well!

1. I like social interactions and combat. Puzzles are great too :)
2. I'd build a ship with my kids and set sails for a nice long trip around the world.
3. Weekdays, once a day works for me - although I might have to skip a day on rare occasions, because of work.

Characterwise, I'd be down for almost anything. Right now I#d be most interested in playing a druid or a fighter.
May 20, 2024 6:54 pm
Thank you all for your interest! Invitations will be going out today and this recruiting thread is now closed!
May 20, 2024 7:52 pm
I would like to follow this game and hope it will be public. I've never heard of LEGO DND and am interested but at capacity
May 20, 2024 8:12 pm
Sure, if the rest of the group is interested in making it public, I will update on this thread.
May 24, 2024 4:13 pm
@Psybermagi We have made the game public so if anyone wants to follow along, you may do so! I also added info about how we are going to put Lego builds in our game in our session zero, but if anyone outside our group has constructive feedback or suggestions, happy to hear about it.
May 24, 2024 4:59 pm
Thanks, I'll look things over
May 25, 2024 12:37 am
I know it's totally irrelevant here, but I've been dying to unbox my D&D Lego both to fix and to get into the adventure! All the best to the players and DM in this game!
May 27, 2024 3:05 pm
@BedzoneII Would love to hear how you like your Lego set and what adventures your minifigures get into! Thank you for the well wishes!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.