Scene 1: Inn Plain Sight

load previous
Jun 4, 2024 5:20 pm
Brickowsky's high intelligence and dwarf stonecunning trait allows him to tell that this cellar may have been carved out from the stone of the crumbling tower that Inn Plain Sight is attached to.
Jun 4, 2024 8:30 pm
OOC:
What does Merry do when the others go down into the Cellar? does he stay in the kitchen or go out to the bar? act suspicious?

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Jun 4, 2024 9:32 pm
Merton has a great spot to see what Merry is doing, but unfortunately his face is turned away so he can't get much insight into why he is doing what he does. As soon as the group disappears, Merry tucks away the allergy remedy Leana gave him and opens a Dimension Door! Merton hears him mumble "...tower." He steps through and vanishes.
Jun 4, 2024 9:36 pm
Must go more deep." Derv says leading the way, "Things still shouldn't be dead live underground"

He slams the side of his axe into the wall, clearly angry.
OOC:
OTFBM isn't working with Imgur at the moment, not sure why exactly but you'll have to upload the image somewhere's else if you want it to work with OTFBM.
Jun 4, 2024 11:24 pm
I am coming down. The innkeep seems to have vanished into a Dimension Door. Probably just looking for more tangy sauce but since he disappeared I want to join you. And Merton will head down to the group
Jun 5, 2024 3:25 am
quilltid says:
OOC:
Sorry, I can't tell, does Hindle have any type of darkvision? Also, does he want to use "One with Shadows" as he enters the wine cellar?
OOC:
Nope, no darkvision at all, nor does Miet when she's around. Also no to One with Shadows yet. Ta!
Jun 5, 2024 4:52 pm
KoldikSteelskin says:
OOC:
OTFBM isn't working with Imgur at the moment, not sure why exactly but you'll have to upload the image somewhere's else if you want it to work with OTFBM.
Ah, OK, good to know! Will work on that.

As Merton communicates that he is joining the group, Derv steps further to the wine racks and wall, his axe clanging against the stone sides with his anger. The rats skitter a little at the sound, but return back to drinking at the spilled wine. Hindle moves out of the way in the same direction as Derv as Merton exits the stairwell. Leana and Brickowsky push back a little against the wine racks to provide room for everyone to gather in their corner.

Will the group continue in darkness or use some type of light to help out those without darkvision?

https://i.imgur.com/LaJDUZv.jpeg
Jun 5, 2024 6:28 pm
Merton will light a torch. As soon as it is lit, he will look to see if there is anything to place it on like a standard designed to hold it in the darkness
Jun 5, 2024 9:45 pm
Unfortunately, Merton does not find a place to store the torch. Perhaps previous owners or employees never had to use a torch to go down into the wine cellar.
OOC:
Maybe you'd like to build something to help you out? You'll get another inspiration point per scene so don't worry about running out of your points by the end of the adventure. Wedging into the wine racks works too, don't worry about bottles heating up or other issues like that.
Jun 5, 2024 10:03 pm
Merton will wedge the torch in-between the wine racks. He will then take a good look around

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Jun 6, 2024 1:43 am
Now that a torch has been lit, Hindle moves over into the corner to try to get a better view of the far end of the room. As he makes an shooing gesture with his hand in the direction of the rats, the spilled wine spashes and something unseen pokes at the rodents. "Begone, vermin!"
OOC:
Hindle is attempting to use Mage Hand to try to shoo the rats away. He's moving into the top left corner to look deeper into the room.
Last edited June 6, 2024 3:54 am

Rolls

Perception (if required) - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Jun 6, 2024 2:44 pm
Merton takes a good look around and the light of the torch helps him to see the barrels in the corner better. They are labeled "Dried Cherries."

Hindle summons his mage hand that splashes the wine puddle and pokes at the rodents. They quickly scurry away into the dark corners of the cellar. What does the mage hand look like?

https://i.imgur.com/a5cew0M.jpeg
Jun 6, 2024 2:46 pm
The party sees a wispy figure at the end of the room and feel a cold presence emanating from it, but it does not seem to be paying attention to the party or the rats that scurry away.
Jun 6, 2024 9:08 pm
Leana shoots Hindle a dirty look. Vermin? Look who's talking now... In the dim light of the cellar, the air thick with the scent of decay, the young woman kneels down on the cold, damp floor. Her eyes, accustomed to the gloom, quickly find the two rats stumbling unsteadily over a half-empty bottle of an unidentified liquid.

With a deep breath, the druid reaches out with her innate connection to nature, channeling her magic to bridge the gap between her consciousness and the minds of the rodents. Her voice, calm and soothing, takes on a strange quality as she starts to talk in their language. For the inept listener, it may sound like a lot of clicking and sucking teeth as she says: "Greetings, little ones. I seek your aid. This place is dangerous for you and your brethren. Can you tell me what you know of this cellar?"
Last edited June 7, 2024 3:11 am
Jun 7, 2024 3:03 am
quilltid says:
Hindle summons his mage hand that splashes the wine puddle and pokes at the rodents. They quickly scurry away into the dark corners of the cellar. What does the mage hand look like?

OOC:
It's via the Telekinetic feat, so Hindle prefers for it to be invisible. When it's not, it would appear as a ghostly version of his own hand but with fingers that move like tentacles, which creeps him out.
Jun 7, 2024 3:06 am
Merton scurries quietly into a corner in attempt to hide

Rolls

Stealth (Expertise) - (1d20+8)

(6) + 8 = 14

Jun 7, 2024 3:14 am
Unsure of what he's initially seeing, the hair on the back of Hindle's neck raise as a ghostly figure resolves from the erratic flickering of the torchlight. "Leana. Nevermind squeaking at the rats. We have real company... I think."
Last edited June 7, 2024 3:14 am
Jun 7, 2024 8:21 am
Stepping around Leana and careful not to agitate her company, the wizard hails the figure in the back of the cellar in a friendly manner: "Brickowksy is the name, at your service. What keeps you in this nice cosy cellar, dear fellow?"
Jun 8, 2024 2:42 am
Adrasthea says:
With a deep breath, the druid reaches out with her innate connection to nature, channeling her magic to bridge the gap between her consciousness and the minds of the rodents. Her voice, calm and soothing, takes on a strange quality as she starts to talk in their language. For the inept listener, it may sound like a lot of clicking and sucking teeth as she says: "Greetings, little ones. I seek your aid. This place is dangerous for you and your brethren. Can you tell me what you know of this cellar?"
One rat hides further into a hole, but the other two rats stumble unsteadily to and fro about the room, apparently forgetting where the exit is. Once they hear Leana’s voice, they head towards her, finally something they can focus on. They squeak together in unison.

"Yes, it can be quite dangerous here. A cat likes to come down and catch our friends. No cat for many days though. Enjoying the fragrant water strange man spilled. We know way out…we think."
Jun 8, 2024 2:44 am
valdattaMadun says:
Merton scurries quietly into a corner in attempt to hide
Yes, which corner would Merton like to hide in? Behind the barrels, the corner Hindle was in, the corner you guys started in, or the unvisited corner?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.