Scene 1: Inn Plain Sight

load previous
Jun 11, 2024 1:22 pm
@soises Brickowsky, roll a persuasion or deception check with advantage for using dwarvish.
Jun 11, 2024 2:52 pm
OOC:
Thanks!

Rolls

Peruasion - (2d20h1-1)

(411) - 1 = 10

Jun 11, 2024 3:39 pm
Oswin laughs jovially at Brickowsky's wheedling in dwarvish. He replies back in dwarvish as well.

"Ho ho, sure little one. I will give you a hint and you can work it out yourself. It may not have been the greatest treasure to us, but I believe Cinderhowl may count it as her greatest treasure.

What we absconded with was a box without hinges, key, or lid, yet golden treasure inside is hid."
Jun 11, 2024 6:34 pm
Meanwhile Leana tries to follow the rat's path. Maybe there is a secret passage or a hidden room?
Jun 11, 2024 6:37 pm
Pondering for a long moment, Brickoswky scratches his chin while thinking hard. Or hardly thinks? He had heard this one once before. Down in the halls of learning, riddles have been his daily bread. But could it be? It would be terrible! Slowly putting his suspision into words, the wizard himself raises an eyebrow and asks in return: "Is it the same thing as in: What needs to be destroyed before it can be used?"
OOC:
Still in dwarvish.

Send you a PM with the answer to my riddle and what I am assuming Oswin hints at.
Last edited June 11, 2024 6:39 pm
Jun 11, 2024 7:15 pm
Using his psychic link with the others

I think I found this guys' bones. He died down here. We gotta be vigilant maybe we tell him and see if he remembers anything? And Hindle, pass this to Derv couldn't get him in my whispers.
Jun 12, 2024 12:14 am
@Adrasthea Leana, please roll for animal handling or perception.
soises says:
In dwarvish, Brickowsky asks "Is it the same thing as in: What needs to be destroyed before it can be used?"
"Ho ho, quite right! Sharp as a tack, just like Robyn. Let me get the drinks so we can return to the group."

Oswin floats off as though to get drinks, but he pauses again in the same spot as before and seems to have forgotten what he is to do next.
OOC:
See you guys after the update!
Jun 12, 2024 10:11 am
Letting the others - through Merton's psychic link - know, that The Hard Way had stolen a damned dragon's egg, Brickoswky has a final question for Oswin: "That's a mighty find treasure, old boy! Worthy of pride in a deed well done. But did you just take it, or did someone send you to fetch it before you got there?" This Merry characater springs to a suspicious mind for example.

Agreeing to show Oswin his own mortal remains in the hopes that the spirit of the adventurer would realize that his time on Fearun has come to an end, or to get more information, Brickoswky gives his silent okay to the next step if someone wants to take it from here.
Jun 12, 2024 1:05 pm
OOC:
perception with guidance

Rolls

Perception with guidance - (1d20+7+1d4)

(3) + (2) + 7 = 12

Jun 12, 2024 4:57 pm
soises says:
Brickoswky has a final question for Oswin: "That's a mighty find treasure, old boy! Worthy of pride in a deed well done. But did you just take it, or did someone send you to fetch it before you got there?" This Merry characater springs to a suspicious mind for example.

Agreeing to show Oswin his own mortal remains in the hopes that the spirit of the adventurer would realize that his time on Fearun has come to an end, or to get more information, Brickoswky gives his silent okay to the next step if someone wants to take it from here.
Oswin turns back around and crosses his arms.

"Ah yes, we were stopping for Alax's famous hot wings when we found out someone else had bought the place. 'Muppet' or 'Fairly' I think. The man promised us a lifetime supply of hot wings and gold if we could fetch him the egg. Apparently Cinderhowl has not been back for months and he was worried the egg would fail without a caretaker. I was worried she would come back, but nothing happened so maybe she really is gone."
Jun 12, 2024 5:03 pm
Leana sees the last rat finally find a good spot in the corner behind the barrels, sniff around a bit, and then disappear behind the last wine rack.

https://i.imgur.com/ujIyk5M.jpeg
Jun 13, 2024 3:39 am
Hindle surrupticiously takes the ear ring from Merton and attempts get a good look at it in the torchlight. At the mention of a dragon's egg, his attention is immediately drawn back to the conversation. "Hmmmm. That was a big promise even for a dragon's egg. I guess he planned on that "lifetime" being fairly short."
Last edited June 13, 2024 3:39 am

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Jun 14, 2024 12:43 pm
As Hindle angles the earring to catch the torchlight, he sees the earring is made of gold with a pearl embedded within. The pearl shimmers in a way that he's seen on his travels, but what does it mean...

Hindle, please make an arcana check.
Jun 15, 2024 11:48 am
Oswin keeps his arms crossed and now his features turn stony.

"Something does not feel right. Like something has been taken from me…"

He turns to look at Hindle as the earring winks in the torchlight.

"Rogues! Are you really here to help or has something happened?"

Oswin puts his ghostly hand on his warhammer.
Jun 15, 2024 1:22 pm
"Something other than dying? Do you remember how it happened? How it felt? Did you enjoy dying? I'd ask you what the afterlife is like but I'd have to kill you again first."
Jun 15, 2024 2:18 pm
"...where have I seen such a shimmer..."

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Jun 15, 2024 2:20 pm
Holding the ear ring out to Oswin, "Rogue? I simply picked this up from the ground near those bones. Your bones, I presume? You do realize that you were betrayed and murdered?"
Jun 16, 2024 7:36 am
Walking over to Hindle, Brickowsky explains in a calming and friendly manner: "He have seemed to have found it, in between these bones -Oswin. No foul play on our side."
Coming to a stand next to Hindle, the dwarf takes a closer look and squints his eyes to gain a feeling for this ear ring.

Letting his eyes rest on "their" ghost, the wizard is curious how Oswin is reacting to these news.

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20+8)

(9) + 8 = 17

Jun 16, 2024 9:38 pm
Hindle and Brickowsky puzzle over the earring.

Hindle recalls where he has seen this type of pearl before in his travels. It is a Pearl of Power. While it is on one’s person, one can use an action to speak the command word and regain one expended spell slot. If the expended slot was of 4th level or higher, the new slot is 3rd level.

Brickowsky recalls the same, but he also recognizes that the wearer must be attuned and the pearl can only be used once for the day and will not be usable again until the next dawn.
Jun 16, 2024 9:46 pm
Oswin now unsheathes his ghostly hammer and readies it.

"I..I don’t quite remember why I have been down here so long. I know I went to get drinks. I took a sip and then everything went black…

He shakes his head and looks at each one of the party steadily.

"Show me the truth through combat. My god will not let me lose to liars and cutthroats. Face me, and if you win, I will believe whatever you have to say."

Everyone, roll initiative.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.