Session 0

load previous
Jun 1, 2024 4:51 pm
Another question: how long do you expect this game to go on? Like, is there any point to having this thing create characters all the way to level 20?
Jun 2, 2024 3:29 am
I’m going to make a character sheet for the Wild Weaver class i posted and see how it works using the standard 5e pre generated sheet.
Jun 3, 2024 5:23 am
crazybirdman says:
Another question: how long do you expect this game to go on? Like, is there any point to having this thing create characters all the way to level 20?
Honestly I am thinking "time skips" might be in order like instead of doing a standard lvl 1-20 progression like jump from 5 to 10 to 15 or something like that to get the feel for the different abilities. Unless that doesn't sound fun
Jun 3, 2024 10:31 am
I'm all for time skips as progression!
Jun 3, 2024 2:49 pm
That does sound fun.
Jun 3, 2024 3:54 pm
Sounds fun, and like you said you would get to tryout all the abilities.
Jun 3, 2024 5:16 pm
Sweet. So I think the plan will be

Basically 1-2 adventuring days each "step" based on what seems appropriate in the prompts and we can get a good feel for everything.
Jun 3, 2024 5:33 pm
@valdattaMadun So I gave you a look at a PC on the Wild Weaver only lvl 1 no equipment but wanted to have you look at the format before continuing.
Jun 3, 2024 5:33 pm
I’ll up her to lvl 5 if you think it look ok
Jun 4, 2024 1:57 pm
I like it. Remember back character is also encouraged
Jun 6, 2024 4:29 pm
So i just did standard array for my stats is that what we are doing?
Jun 6, 2024 5:35 pm
are y'all picking the race and background etc randomly too?
Jun 6, 2024 5:54 pm
After I generated the class i asked for a custom race to go with it ex .. Custom race, Dervish
Jun 6, 2024 5:57 pm
oh wow. maybe I'll try that. Thanks
Jun 6, 2024 8:48 pm
Is this OK for my race? It's not too overpowered is it?
I asked for something small and unliked. Which is crazy, Fennec foxes are so cute.

Fennekin (Small race based on Fennec Fox)
Ability Score Increase: Your Dexterity increases by 2, and your Charisma increases by 1.

Age: Fennekin reach maturity at 4 years and can live up to 70 years.

Size: Fennekin are Small creatures. Your speed is 25 feet.

Keen Hearing and Smell: You have advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on hearing or smell.

Darkvision: You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.

Desert Resilience: You have resistance to fire damage.

Cunning Action: During your turn, you can take a bonus action to do one of the following: Dash , Disengage

Foxy Leap: You can jump an extra 5 feet whenever you jump.

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Sylvan.

Fennekin Lore: You have proficiency in the History skill. You can recall lore related to deserts and the creatures that live there.

Fennekin are known for their large ears, playful nature, and cunning. They are social creatures who live in tight-knit communities, often dwelling in underground burrows or abandoned ruins. Their desert resilience allows them to thrive in harsh environments, while their keen senses make them excellent scouts and trackers. Fennekin are curious and resourceful, and they often form partnerships with other desert-dwelling creatures.

Notes:

This race offers a Dexterity and Charisma boost, making them well-suited for classes like Rogues, Rangers, and Bards.
The subraces provide some customization based on your character's background.
Remember to discuss this race with your Dungeon Master before incorporating it into your campaign.
Jun 7, 2024 12:51 am
I am ok with race.

Standard array or point buy all good.
Jun 7, 2024 1:45 am
OK thanks, I'll submit my character, and get them up to level 5 by tomorrow
Jun 8, 2024 4:30 am
I think I’ve got both my characters up to lvl 5, backstories and all. Not sure how in-depth you wanted equipment. I just said adventures pack, did you want it broken down into parts in the inventories?
Jun 8, 2024 2:43 pm
I think the voting ended with enough interest for class you can choose there your preferences
Jun 10, 2024 5:44 am
Submitted the second character. Haven't leveled them up though. Wasn't sure if we were using it right away, or it it's a back up.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.