Ooc stuff, Announcements, etc

load previous
Feb 28, 2015 6:37 pm
Hope everyone's having a great weekend. I can't wait to start. :-)
Feb 28, 2015 7:11 pm
Yep, just waiting on Kenny, not long to wait Sky!
Feb 28, 2015 7:22 pm
Just submitted Osiris to the game. I have all of his mechanical stuff done and a mental description/backstory. I'll write all that up when I have more time.
Mar 1, 2015 3:01 pm
What do y'all think about having the plugsuits be almost like jerseys for sports teams? Just above the right side of someone's chest, there is the designation of which Guardian they pilot (Ex: Osiris's says Zora 02). On the back, at the top, it has their last name or a nickname, etc. (Ex: Yesran). I think that would be kinda cool and give a little bit of a signature look to the runners. Thoughts?
Mar 1, 2015 8:17 pm
I am so down with that! I'm going to say that we can also have them be whatever color we want, and maybe with cool little protrusions. Your a genius, Kenny.

Mine says Soniku 033, and 'Fyare' on the back, near where those synapse thingies interface with our minds. The plugsuit will be light purple, with shades of Hatsune Miku blue bits sticking out everywhere.

Kenny, What color will your's be?
Mar 1, 2015 8:23 pm
Osiris has a black, sleeveless plugsuit (so it doesn't cover his swirling blue tattoos). The lettering is blue. The suit also has a hood. Edit: where did the Soniku come from? (ex: Zora is a shortening of the term Zorahi, the mechs we pilot) Edit (Again): Nevermind, that's the name of your Zorahi. So mine is going to change to say "Ace 02".
Mar 1, 2015 8:35 pm
Ha, having a hood on a plugsuit is what I call real swag. Maybe later in the game the plugsuits can glow and change forms as well. You all are going to be pretty sexy in that vacuum sealed spandex is all I'm saying.

Oh shoot, I forgot to give you your Magnetic Drag gear! I'll do so now in the story forum.
Mar 1, 2015 8:38 pm
Spax wears a red plugsuit with black lines down his outside legs and arms. Gion 12 on the front while Spartan is spelled out in a darker shade of red on his back.
Mar 3, 2015 7:51 am
Quote:
In all his training Spax had never heard or seen anything like this. The red monstrosties looked as if they were a plague.

Seeing Zast attacked Spax opens his hull. He suddenly feels a wave of worry course through him and answers instinctively, "It's okay Gion, I know what I'm doing. Just get those blast pylons fired up and ready to go." Almost immediately the two tall backwards facing rocket boosters mounted on Gion's gigantic shoulders begin to hum to life, the small blast doors on the front of the pylons clicking open and a red glow forms from inside each of the rockets.

Kicking at a release toggle, the hatch in Spax's Defenser's chest slides open with a coarse chuff.

Once the hatch is open, the muffled sound from inside the defensers cabin fall away and the unobstructed environment bursts noisily into Spax's ears. The sounds of grating metal, unholy screams from the monsters, and the constant whine from the Maelstrom are almost enough to make Spax's head swim for a moment. However his Guardian training pushes him forward with dedicated resolve. Spax focus his attention to Zast below him, and points his palm at the spider demon holding Zast's broken arm and fires. "ZAST! HOLD ON!!!"

(OOC: My intention is to fire my cable into the red spider thing and while still being strapped in Gion recoil the whistler and pull the baddie and in turn Zast towards myself. Then fire off the blast pylons and get us the hell out of there. Then hopefully my actions will spur the others into a retreat while Spax drops Zast off to return to Gurrai while he returns to the battle to help whomever he can.)
This is getting seriously epic, and I want this to happen! I'm loving this description, I was planning to write like this but was worried I'd geek everyone out. No longer (loving the blast pylon activation!)

(Thank you. Your story is making it easy to get into character and get detailed!)

However, there are some issues.

First, to fire the pylons you have to manually activate them, hitting the BIG RED BUTTON. Gion won't follow voice commands yet.

(I guess I thought my Talks to Machines Foci would at least let us pass some sort of communication between Gion and Spax. It's mostly a descriptor, to set the scene, Spax is still inside the cockpit and will be the one to push the button and not Gion remote starting. I just wanted there to be a lead up to the moment before he slammed that button! "Oh crap! Is he really thinking of doing that?!")

Second, the whistlers only attach and pull you too magnetic objects like the metal of Defensers, they can't pull flesh beings to you.

(I was going to use it like an improvised weapon. Anything with the kind of force to shoot the gap between two Defensers oughta punch at least a little hole in something squishy like the red spider thing. That or maybe wrap/tangle around its body somehow.)

Third, unless it's simple like walking across a room, you must provide rolls for actions, and your action was pretty complex.

(Gotcha. I just didn't know what to roll. Would it be useful to just roll after every post that I think takes an action? Or I guess not, then I'd be screwed if I wanted to use Effort. Nevermind.)

And last, consider how long a round is, about 6-10 seconds. For example, if you jump on Zast's defenser and then kill the crawler holding him that'd be one round, and then getting back to Gion with him another, as I can't imagine all that happening in 6-10 secs.

(That sounds pretty cool too!)

And just a warning: You don't want to hit that big red button, unless it's a horrible emergency. It's pretty vicious and has been known for concussions and occasional deaths. (like airbags).

Can you reword it a bit, and split it into two actions? (unless you can do it in one)

In my mind Spax is still strapped inside Gion. When he kicks the chest plate hatch open and sees Zast, I thought he'd be looking down on the scene, given that Gion is pulling him along. Then he'd aim and fire the whistler (1 action) and if it hit its target (a roll of some kind?) then we'd go from there.

If it punctured the red spider thing... Awesome! If it hit Zast's Defenser... Okay. If it hit Zast... Uh oh.

If the cable did hit the spider thing and presumably put a hole into it, I was hoping that since it'd be holding tightly to Zast that if I pushed the red button and fired the blast pylons then we'd all go backwards. Of course I guess, Gion could just walk/jump backwards and have the same effect as moving away, just in my mind not as cool as those crazy powerful blast pylons. Which I imagined Spax having no earthly idea how powerful they really are, so the force of it may actually injure/kill Zast or maybe even himself... whoops. Then that'd be a cool mental scar Spax would have to deal with.

Anyway, just my thoughts. I'm not upset at all, in fact the opposite, I'm enjoying the story a lot and I agree with Senpaiki, that I really am pretty scared that my character/others might die. Crazy cool.
Mar 3, 2015 8:20 am
Started a new thread y'all might be interested in. :-)

Show Us Your Numenera Characters
Mar 6, 2015 8:37 pm
Quote:
Anyway, just my thoughts. I'm not upset at all, in fact the opposite, I'm enjoying the story a lot and I agree with Senpaiki, that I really am pretty scared that my character/others might die. Crazy cool.
Glad to hear it! Sorry I didn't read this, I didn't see it. If you have more detailed explanations of your actions, can you post them in the story thread? Thanks. Oh, and you wanted a character scar...I just thought you might hate me if you fired those things, imagining an epic jet fueled getaway, and instead after waking up from your horrible migraine awoke to the sight and smell of Zast's and the creepy crawly's brains splattered all over the cockpit , so I felt compelled to explain a bit ;).

You should keep the "blast pylon activation" description handy, it really was incredibly awesome and mechanical. I've uploaded the next post btw, you may like it.
Mar 6, 2015 11:42 pm
I must admit, I'm having a little trouble following all of the action (must be getting old). Apologies for not interacting more with the others during this initial scene, but once I get a feel for things I should do a better job.

(That and I am way outclassed when it comes to everyone else's writing skills! :-))
Mar 7, 2015 1:18 am
Eh, don't worry about it. And what can I do to make the action more accessible to you? Please say so, I want everyone to have fun.

When it comes to writing skills in this game, don't think about the semantics of writing, just think about what makes your action cool! Just imagine it's in a movie/anime, and describe what makes the action epic. For example:

szemely jumps the chasm.

With a deep breath, szemely steps back a couple feet, and tensing his legs, launches himself across the chasm with a roar.

Exact same action, double the awesome. Hope it helps!

I guess another tip to up the awesome: Since we're in robots, just describe mechanical details that would make you happy. For example, i know we both loved Knights of Sidonia, so think about what the mecha (the Gardes and the Type-17 Tsugumori) did in that show that you liked. For example, lets say that you liked the battle scenes with the Guana. (and who didn't?)

Tsugumori shoots missiles at the Guana, and they explode.

Arcing, twirling, twisting...although graceful, Tsugumori's missiles embed themselves chunkily in the Guana's eyeballs and explode.
Mar 7, 2015 1:45 am
Geez, I just read that, what a wall of text. I could have just said "add mechanical detail" and have cut it in half. Still, hope it helps!
Mar 7, 2015 1:48 am
Hmm, that's actually sort of the same formula I follow. Weird! I guess there was a trick...Kai you seem to like writing, I actually like it too and am taking a screenwriting course in college.
Mar 7, 2015 10:57 pm
Cool, cool. I'm interested in screenwriting as well, and so is someone else I'm playing with. Odd...
Mar 8, 2015 3:53 am
God, I was loving the fight, but now I wanna hurry up and kill these things so Osiris can go deal with all of the plot thickening going on.
Mar 8, 2015 4:18 am
I know, right? Those images were trippy. I'm going to guess that when she meant here she meant back to the city.
Mar 8, 2015 4:24 am
First, we can all cuss now (this is for you Kenny), I realized the game is a little serious to outlaw it.
Quote:
God, I was loving the fight, but now I wanna hurry up and kill these things so Osiris can go deal with all of the plot thickening going on.
Is that good or bad...
Mar 8, 2015 4:55 am
Kaizival says:
First, we can all cuss now (this is for you Kenny), I realized the game is a little serious to outlaw it.
Quote:
Is that good or bad...
Very good.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.