Session Zero: Character Creation

load previous
Jun 17, 2024 5:24 pm
Tentative character submitted, still need to do gear and add backstory properly - but draft backstory is:
[ +- ] Syr'ella
Please bear in mind I have limited exposure to Starfinder, so if anything is massively wrong whether stats or setting wise let me know.

Also I've picked the feat 'Psychic Insight' which Hephaistos tells me is from the adventure we're playing. If that's a problem let me know.

Finally, do we get any clues as to what languages might be useful, or just pick something that seems relatively appropriate (I'll be honest i'm not sure what's appropriate!).
Jun 17, 2024 6:42 pm
So far so good, I made a few correction in HP and STA, and I added your name to the top so it appears as Syr'alla instead of just an oval. I'll go through your character in more detail later. For now everything looks good. Going to wait a little longer for ctme2000, nepets, and YullyBear to post their characters.
Jun 17, 2024 8:10 pm
Ah, I think I forgot to change that from the default on the template. I'd probably have got there eventually, but thanks for checking!
Jun 17, 2024 8:47 pm
I have my character built in Starbuilder, just need to import into GP. Still working on background.
Jun 18, 2024 1:39 am
Gotcha.
Meanwhile you can collectively come up with a name for your Space Ship.
Jun 18, 2024 6:12 am
What direction should we take our brainstorming for at ship name?

What direction should we take Multi Public

Scientific - ie Mobious
Sci-Fy trope - ie Lenceflair
Space related - ie SolarFlair, Eventhorison
Poetic - ie The Nevermore
Nonsensical - ei The Trenchacot
Silly - ei Doorkicker, Lootgrabber
Jun 19, 2024 12:13 pm
Ok my sheet is nearly finished, I chose a Human (Featherlight) born in space, a Xenoseeker obsess with alien life form, and Technomancer.

He is a fairly good pilot, and somewhat recognized in his field he immediately reach out to see if any would put a team together to explore the strange phenomena.
Jun 19, 2024 2:00 pm
Sounds like he'll be my co-pilot, as i'm the ace pilot of the team. Always good to have one.

Also, I should have made my character such that other players can view it, so if anyone wants to look at my character go ahead.
Last edited June 19, 2024 3:03 pm
Jun 19, 2024 3:19 pm
Who Class KinTheme
RunekyndigOperative, detective Lashunta (Hunter legacy) Paranormal Investigator
spinningdiceOperativeLashunta Corporate Ops
nepets Solarian Lashunta Outlaw
YullyBear Technomance Human (Featherlight)Xenoseeker
ctme2000 Biohacker Samsaran Battle Medic
Ironmonger42Mystic Human Ace-Pilot
Jun 19, 2024 5:18 pm
Added some gear, not sure what's needed? Pretty much done to a point now, aside from needing some connections with other characters and any revisions.
Last edited June 19, 2024 5:18 pm
Jun 19, 2024 6:22 pm
I asked ChatGPT
A starfinder spaceship need a name. Give me 10 examples where the name is space or scientific related
Quote:
Sure! Here are 10 space or scientifically themed names for a Starfinder spaceship:

Nebula Voyager
Quasar Sentinel
Cosmic Pioneer
Galactic Explorer
Stellar Navigator
Aurora Ascendant
Quantum Leap
Celestial Odyssey
Astro Nomad
Eclipse Runner
I like Aurora Ascendant best. You guys have other or better ideas?
Jun 19, 2024 6:26 pm
These read to me more like types of ships than ship names. Based on the picture of the ship, maybe something like the Red Ranger or the Space Ruby or something like that, kid of like the ship from Pirates of the Caribbean is the Black Pearl
Jun 19, 2024 6:49 pm
try again include variations of the color red aswell
ChatGPT says:
Of course! Here are 10 space or scientifically themed spaceship names that also incorporate variations of the color red:

Crimson Nebula
Ruby Voyager
Scarlet Quasar
Redshift Explorer
Cardinal Pioneer
Vermilion Sentinel
Mars Odyssey
Garnet Navigator
Roseate Ascendant
Inferno Runner
Redshift Explorer is my favorite of this lot
Jun 19, 2024 8:14 pm
I'm ok with Redshift Explorer. Inferno Runner has a hint of excitement to it, combining red with fire in one word to make it sound like it does dangerous stuff a lot.
Jun 19, 2024 9:43 pm
I don't know I quite like Aurora Ascendant from the first batch, but I'm happy with Redshift Explorer or Inferno Runner.
Jun 20, 2024 1:01 am
It's really up to you guys, but here's some alternatives:

Name Alternate 1 Alternate 2 Alternate 3
Aurora Ascendant Aurora Inferno Aurora Explorer Redshift Ascendant
Redshift Explorer Redshift Runner Redshift Inferno
Inferno Runner Runner Ascendant Inferno Explorer
Intrepidus (Fearless)
Lux Rubrum (Red Light)
Jun 20, 2024 5:00 am
I see Rune posted a modified SF sheet, but don't see a way to save it after editing. Does someone have a link to the repository of custom character sheets? Couldn't find it in the forums.
Jun 20, 2024 5:13 am
ctme2000 says:
I see Rune posted a modified SF sheet, but don't see a way to save it after editing. Does someone have a link to the repository of custom character sheets? Couldn't find it in the forums.
Quotes it
Copy paste into character sheet
Remove quote tags
Jun 20, 2024 11:43 am
I don't know, Aurora Ascendant has a charming ring to it and is somewhat poetic.
Jun 20, 2024 9:49 pm
I'm looking at Friday to start up the adventure, this should allow for everyone to be caught up, unless we need more time. Let me know.

Once in a while I do Roll Call. That just means I'm checking to see if everyone is still with us. That can happen during holidays and sometimes due to attrition - it happens.

Anything else? Suggestions? Questions?

If not, let's see how everyone is connected. How do you know each other?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.