1 Walking the Fire

load previous
Jun 26, 2024 11:51 pm
OOC:
Not to give us penalties, but firing two weapons gives a -4 penalty to each attack doesn't it? Could either have me use one of the weapons, or I could encourage ctme2000 for a +2 bonus to one of their rolls
Jun 27, 2024 1:48 am
OOC:
I know on foot you can take the full attack action and that is a -4 penalty to all attacks, but no idea if that applies to ship combat at all or if that is strictly a land thing
Jun 27, 2024 8:01 am
OOC:

P324, Gunner Actions:
Fire at Will (Gunnery Phase, Push)
You can fire any two starship weapons, regardless of their arc. Each attack is made at a –4 penalty.
Shoot (Gunnery Phase)
You can fire one of your starship’s weapons. If you use a turret weapon, you can target a ship in any arc.

Some more actions at higher level, but those are the gunner's options until 6th.
Jun 27, 2024 8:24 pm
OOC:
So, with Encouragement (assuming it's successful,) he would reduce the -4 to -2, and cancel out short range from +2 to 0. He would fire at normal chance to hit.
Jun 28, 2024 4:47 pm
"Okay, get it's attention. Full weapons fire on the whale, we'll worry about if we can keep it alive once we have it's attention."
OOC:
Encouraging with my pilot skill at DC10, as that's marginally easier than Diplomacy at DC16 (unless I can use Psychic Insight?)

Rolls

Encourage - (1d20+3)

(17) + 3 = 20

Jun 29, 2024 6:12 am
OOC:
Nice, Encouragement success!
Jul 2, 2024 3:29 am
OOC:
Who is officially firing the guns?
Jul 2, 2024 7:14 am
OOC:
ctme, I believe
Jul 2, 2024 3:51 pm
this is crazy Ekram thought, I didn't sign up for this sitting in the gunner chair, barrels aimed at the monstrous creation attacking them. Still, they needed to get out of here. He aimed and pulled both triggers.

Rolls

Shooting (gun 1) - (1d20+2)

(15) + 2 = 17

Shooting (gun 2) - (1d20+2)

(15) + 2 = 17

Laser Cannon Damage - (2d4)

(21) = 3

Missile Launcher Damage - (4d8)

(4488) = 24

Jul 2, 2024 7:21 pm
Roll damages! Both hits!
Jul 3, 2024 2:16 am
OOC:
Looking through the posts, didn't see damage die for the guns mentioned anywhere; unless it's the 3d4 I saw but I believe that's for the fire whales erupting flame?
Jul 3, 2024 3:16 am
OOC:
If you go to the starship thread, you'll see it here:
[ +- ] starship weapons
Jul 3, 2024 5:25 pm
Round 2
ctme2000 says:
this is crazy Ekram thought, I didn't sign up for this sitting in the gunner chair, barrels aimed at the monstrous creation attacking them. Still, they needed to get out of here. He aimed and pulled both triggers.
You say that all the time Ekram. Tell me what did you sign up for?
Knowing a little more about the BREATH OF EMBERS, Poe starts to feed fringe solutions to the gunner.
Fill its face with plasma!
OOC:
Quote:

Looked up ship combat to find my next action

Target System (Helm Phase, Push)
You can use your starship’s sensors to target a specific system on an enemy starship. This action requires your starship to have sensors. You must attempt a Computers check, applying any modifiers from the starship’s sensors. The DC equals 5 + 1-1/2 × the tier of the enemy starship + its bonus from defensive countermeasures (see page 298). If you succeed, choose one system (core, engines, life support, sensors, or weapons). The next attack made by your starship that hits the enemy ship scores a critical hit on a natural roll of 19 or 20. If that attack deals critical damage, it affects the chosen system. For any further critical damage resulting from the attack, determine which system is affected randomly as normal. Your starship’s sensors can target only one system on a specific enemy starship at a time, though this action can be used to concurrently target systems on multiple starships.

Rolls

Computers - (1d20+6)

(8) + 6 = 14

Jul 3, 2024 6:34 pm
Ironmonger42 says:
OOC:
If you go to the starship thread, you'll see it here:
[ +- ] starship weapons
thank you! Post has been updated.
Jul 4, 2024 1:21 am
The Fire Whale reacts violently to the onslaught of missile fire and laser canon. It turns its attention to the Aurora Ascendant!
OOC:
Breath of Fire
5 points to Forward Shields
4 points of Hull Damage!

Rolls

Breath of Fire (Forward Arc) - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Possible Damage - (3d4)

(243) = 9

Jul 4, 2024 1:31 am
Round 2

Engineering Phase:
What will you do this phase?

Po'Talis makes a Scan

BREATH OF EMBERS
TIER 3
Medium transport
Speed 4
Maneuverability 1
Drift 1
AC 13
TL 13
HP ?
DT —
CT ?
Shields: basic shields ?
Power Core Arcus Heavy (130 PCU)
Interference detected
Data not accessible
Data not accessible
Data not accessible
Data not accessible
Jul 5, 2024 5:30 pm
I scan again to get as much information I can from the whale.

Do not kill it, it id a magnificent alien, may be even very intelligent.

Rolls

Life Science - (1d20+9)

(17) + 9 = 26

Jul 5, 2024 9:01 pm
Sanning the Fire Whale reveals the following:
Tier: 1/2
Not a starship, but a Small starship sized magical beast (extraplanar)
Speed 8;
Maneuverability good (turn 1)
AC 14
TL 13
HP 40 (16)
DT —
CT 8
Shields basic 30 (forward 8, port 7, starboard 7, aft 8)
Drift Engine none;
Systems basic cut-rate sensors, mk 1 defenses, mk 2 armor;
Expansion Bays none
Other Abilities bite, fire affinity, living starship, solar adaptation, void adaptation
Jul 6, 2024 2:49 am
OOC:
I am assuming it is not the Piloting phase until the GM declares so and shows us the map again. Not sure how many others are acting in the engineering phase.
Jul 6, 2024 3:29 am
OOC:
Does anyone want to take a DIVERT (Engineering) action before we go to Helm Phase?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.