Need testers for some big changes on staging

load previous
Sep 1, 2024 9:13 am
Ah, which might be why I can't see mine. :)

Older Game Details pages still work. It appears only Games created on staging are having this issue?
Sep 1, 2024 9:14 am
I think it's a re-import thing, maybe? If Keleth imported stuff in parts while fixing the Unicode issue.
Regardless, a new game I just made doesn't show up in Latest Games, so it's definitely a bug!
Sep 1, 2024 9:24 am
I found a new problem. In ACP of a freshly created game on staging the groups are messed up. It has the usual default group, but also what looks to be default groups from other games (can't take a screenshot right now, but here is how it looks):
Quote:
The Halls of Arden Vul [ Edit ][ Delete ]
emoji game [ Edit ][ Delete ]
This is a new public test game (01.09) (Main Group)
None of the imported games had this happen, only this new one. It's public, so might be connected.

PS: is it supposed to be like this? I never actually ran a public game.
Last edited September 1, 2024 9:26 am
Sep 1, 2024 9:33 am
I am getting new game emails even though I turned them off on my vagueTest account.
Sep 1, 2024 9:36 am
FlyingSucculent says:
... PS: is it supposed to be like this? I never actually ran a public game.
P.S. I almost missed this, since I had already read your post before the edit. :(

No, you are not supposed to be seeing my ❌ emoji game in your ACP list.

My ACP looks correct.
Sep 1, 2024 9:40 am
Hmm. Did you check ACP on a staging-created game too? This is odd. Maybe I can try to make some more new games and see if they get it too.
Sep 1, 2024 9:41 am
I don't have access to any games created on staging, that emoji game was the only one and it appears to belong to you now. I will make one later and see.
Sep 1, 2024 9:43 am
Yeah, new games have messed up groups. I made two and here are their respective groups:
Quote:
Тест [ Edit ][ Delete ]
Тест [ Edit ][ Delete ]
Show me a working ACP (Main Group)
Quote:
Trophy Gold: Roots of Old Kalduhr [ Edit ][ Delete ]
❤️❤️❤️ [ Edit ][ Delete ]
Show me ACP 2 (Main Group)
I'm not even in Trophy Gold. XD

Edit: also, the emoji game isn't actually in my ACP, only its player group is. Idk what's up with it.
Edit 2: to clarify, a player group for my new game is named after your emoji game. I don't think I actually have any control over the game's settings, it's just a weird name thing.
Last edited September 1, 2024 9:48 am
Sep 1, 2024 9:53 am
Small update: I also can't rename any player groups in ACP. Looks like this part of ACP is just having difficulties in general.
Sep 1, 2024 9:56 am
I can't rename groups on prod either, when I hit the green tick it just resets the name back.

I don't think these Groups ever worked at all though, but don't recall details.
Sep 1, 2024 9:59 am
They did at some point I think, I vaguely (hehe) remember using them, including renaming some. Must've broke somewhere down the line? The weird new groups are strange though, I've never seen this happen on production.
Sep 5, 2024 5:46 pm
FlyingSucculent says:
The following games are all private on production and are marked as public on staging:
2100, 4545, 4092.
(There are way more - it's most of my games, actually.)

Additionally, game 4467 is public on production but is private on staging.
I think it might have just flipped all private and public ones to the opposite?
So it actually seems that PROD data is wrong, and there's a bug in the prod code (which I'm going to look at right now. It seems that in prod, all four forums are marked public, but the forums are private, and somehow the display for public/private is inverted. I'm going to have to write a patch to bring the two back into parity, and then future imports onto staging/prod update will be good. I'm going to consider this closed once I do.

As for bookmarks, this is an interesting one. Adam's code has the favorites by characterID/gameID. I can leave this if people really like it, but honestly, I don't. In v2, we can do an active check for the max number of favorites, or have something different for favorites vs what shows up in the header. In the short term, we have some choices:
- Go alphabetic
- Go by date created (ascending or descending, knowing only 10 will show)
- Go by date favorited (ascending or descending, knowing only 10 will show)
- Stay with the id, knowing it will change in the future
This is one of those I think needs to be brought in line a bit. I'm open to how we do it.
Sep 5, 2024 6:07 pm
What about the missing bookmarks on import? Or the added ones? It's not just the wrong order, prod/staging bookmark lists are different.

And for ordering, I'd personally prefer to have an ability to choose the order. Fully customisable would be ideal, but first 10 sounds fine too! Then again, I don't really use bookmarks a lot, so I don't think my opinion should have a lot of weight in this. :'D
Sep 5, 2024 6:45 pm
FlyingSucculent says:
What about the missing bookmarks on import? Or the added ones? It's not just the wrong order, prod/staging bookmark lists are different.
I'll look again, but best I could see the issue was the ordering. Maybe there's a query issue I'm missing. I'll dive in further.
Sep 5, 2024 7:01 pm
For convenience, the sheet which is inconsistent for me is 13thage/16701. It's not favorited on prod, but became favorited in the dropdown on staging after the import. (I think it was favorited at prod at some point, but not during the period the import data is from.

It almost looks like it's using old data for the header dropdown.
Last edited September 5, 2024 7:03 pm
Sep 5, 2024 7:53 pm
FlyingSucculent says:
For convenience, the sheet which is inconsistent for me is 13thage/16701. It's not favorited on prod, but became favorited in the dropdown on staging after the import. (I think it was favorited at prod at some point, but not during the period the import data is from.

It almost looks like it's using old data for the header dropdown.
It was bad querying! It was actually just marking that someone else has favorited your character, and thus was returning it as a favorite. I've changed it to only look for characters you've favorited. Can you check if it makes more sense now?
Sep 5, 2024 7:58 pm
Character Favorites look correct now.
Games Favorites are not correct, it is showing 10 items. I only have 5 games marked, and not all of them are included in the 10.
Sep 5, 2024 8:15 pm
vagueGM says:
The Latest Games block on the front page is empty.
I just learned you can't compare a number to null in MySQL! Fixed this problem.
Sep 5, 2024 8:22 pm
I did not expect it to be someone else favoriting the sheet. :O Looks fine now!

And for the games, on staging I don't have any favourite games showing up on the main page (but the actual /games page seems more or less correct). The dropdown also shows some of the games which aren't bookmarked, despite there being more bookmarked ones: for example, games/4433 and games/4416 are not bookmarked, but show up in the dropdown over bookmarked ones. I tried adding a low ID game to bookmarks too, and it did not show up in the dropdown.
Sep 6, 2024 1:35 am
I made a bunch of tweaks to thread notifications. Can someone see if it fixes it for them? If not, another deep dive on the way!

Also, for game favorites, can someone give me a discrepancy example? A game ID that's favorited and showing on prod, but favorited and not showing on staging? That made finding the character issue really easy.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.