Need testers for some big changes on staging

load previous
Jul 4, 2024 10:34 am
There is still no visible way to accept an invite to a game (as a player) or to accept a player in a game (as a GM)

as a player:
[ +- ]
as a GM:
[ +- ]
Jul 4, 2024 1:15 pm
in my test game, I created the first thread. When I list it from the main game Forum page (where you'd see all the threads in that game), it looks correct (I am logged in):
[ +- ] grab 1
but the moment I click on that thread it shows me as logged out:
[ +- ] grab 2
(so I have no option to post in that thread. I can Edit the first post, but Quote doesn't do anything either.
Jul 4, 2024 2:03 pm
• The GM user is showing up on the Game details page, and their characters are listed as submitted to the game.

• Clicking Approve Character does nothing and the character is not added to the game.

• I can Open games for Application, that options persists when the page is reloaded and shows as set, players can Apply to Game.

• As a player clicking the Apply to Game button does nothing. The Request to Join does not appear on the GMs page.

• Even though a game appears Public, players outside the game can not view the forums. They get taken back /forums/ page.

• The Games Tavern thread SeckTestGame appears blank to me. The other threads in that game work as normal.

• As Dr_B's 'as GM' screenshot shows, the game creator/GM has the option to Leave Game, clicking this does nothing.
Jul 8, 2024 4:40 am
• All games appear Private in the games list https://staging.gamersplane.com/games/list/.

• All games appear Public on their Game Details ages.

• All games appear to have -1 players in the Games list.
Jul 9, 2024 1:07 am
I wasn't able to replicate all the issues you noted @vagueGM. Can you try again? Everything I could replicate, I fixed.
Jul 9, 2024 2:28 am
Keleth says:
I wasn't able to replicate all the issues you noted @vagueGM. Can you try again? Everything I could replicate, I fixed.
Have you tried as a 'normal user'? Maybe the Keleth user behaves differently?

Creating a second user is also useful for testing adding to games and being a player vs GM in a game.

Without know which you could not replicate I can't comment, I don't want to overwhelm the thread with screenshots.
• Now the Invited Users lists on my games are empty.

• Clicking the Invite user now does nothing.
• I was able to remove the GM's Submitted Character that was awaiting Approval and add it the way it used to work. Here is a screenshot of what it looked like (midway though testing):
https://i.imgur.com/NUdgs6V.png

• In a game with a character added I don't see the Post As drop-down list.
• I am able to post more than just the first post in a game thread.
• Editing any game thread still yields a Error 500 when hitting Save.
I was able to toggle a game from Open for Applications, but now am not able to re-open it. Both my games are stuck on Closed. Pressing the button appears to change it to Open, but refreshing the page shows it Closed. This was staying as set before.
• Adding a second Allowed Character Sheet type made it so I could not Submit any Characters. Removing the second Allowed Sheet fixed that.

• My games that accept only Custom Sheets also allow me to ... no wait, my 7th Sea character has just become a Custom Character! That is why I was allowed to add it.
I see changes happening to some of these as I write this message, so I will leave off for a while to let things settle.:)
Jul 9, 2024 5:12 pm
Tried to add a "Location" to my profile and it doesn't save or show up on my profile
In "vague Test game 2" game detail page, when I clicked on public (read the forum) or the forum button in the bottom bar it takes me to the game forum as expected, but in many of the other games details pages, such as "vague game 3," it took me to the main gp forum page
On the game list page, many of the "Open" tags don't match the game details page, which all say "Closed for applications"
Just had time for some preliminary stuff for now, but I'll try to test out more later
Last edited July 9, 2024 5:14 pm
Jul 9, 2024 7:19 pm
When I try to edit a post, when I click save, the page goes blank and nothing happens. If I go back to the post, the edit wasn't saved.
Jul 9, 2024 7:26 pm
BBCode polls don't seem to be working. I can see them, but I can't vote.
Jul 9, 2024 7:30 pm
Not sure if anyone tested @ mentions yet, but I just mentioned a bunch of people on staging to see if that works. Let us know.
Jul 9, 2024 7:36 pm
I can't approve the submission of a character.
Jul 9, 2024 7:37 pm
Chalrytharendir says:
Not sure if anyone tested @ mentions yet, but I just mentioned a bunch of people on staging to see if that works. Let us know.
I got a @ mention in 'General Chat > Testing BBCode'.
Jul 9, 2024 8:07 pm
Perfect, sounds like it's working
Jul 9, 2024 8:41 pm
• I am able to join a game after an Invite.

• When I hit Edit on a post in a game where I am a player I get an immediate Error 500 page. This is different to when Editing as a GM where the Error 500 comes when I try to save.
Jul 9, 2024 9:53 pm
I do use 3 different users on local and staging, so it wasn't a character issue. The problem ultimately was I made a DB change locally I forgot to push up when I pushed new code.

That said, the only bug I couldn't replicate was public game forums going to the home page. That said, looking at the data, it seems to be because the game you tried, @chalrytharendir, was created before some bug fixes. So while it says public, the settings are actually private. Once we clear up more bugs, it'll probably be a good idea to create new games/characters to make sure any issues are actually code and not data related.

I'm looking into the bbcode polls. I understand that part least and am trying ti figure out how they work, so I can fix it appropriately.
Jul 9, 2024 9:57 pm
• As the GM I was unable to Approve a Submitted Character, but after I hit the Reject Character button I went back as the player and Submitted that same character again and it was immediately accepted into the game without GM intervention.

• As the player I Withdrew the Character, which worked. I then submitted it again and it was immediately accepted.

• As the GM I Removed the Character, the player then Submitted it again and it asks for Approval. Rejecting it again, this time without trying to Approve first, it asks for Approval. And now hitting Approving Character works.
Jul 9, 2024 9:57 pm
Keleth says:
... created before some bug fixes. ...
I will make another new game and see if it is different.
Jul 9, 2024 10:02 pm
And I fixed the bb polls.
Jul 9, 2024 10:03 pm
vagueGM says:
• As the GM I was unable to Approve a Submitted Character, but after I hit the Reject Character button I went back as the player and Submitted that same character again and it was immediately accepted into the game without GM intervention.

• As the player I Withdrew the Character, which worked. I then submitted it again and it was immediately accepted.

• As the GM I Removed the Character, the player then Submitted it again and it asks for Approval. Rejecting it again, this time without trying to Approve first, it asks for Approval. And now hitting Approving Character works.
Some of these may require a force refresh as it sounds like older javascript. I'm testing those same things on staging and it seems to be working ok. But sounds like once you cleared our the character, it started working?
Jul 9, 2024 10:06 pm
I created a new game vague game 2024-07-09.

Open/Closed status seems to work, change, and display properly.

vagueTest Player could apply and be Accepted.

vagueTest Player was still taken to forum home page before applying. Game says it is Public.

Approving Character works.

I appear to be able to post as a Character.

Thread appears empty, this time even missing the first post:
https://i.imgur.com/EMga2Xv.png
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.