Need testers for some big changes on staging

load previous
Jul 12, 2024 2:11 am
vagueGM says:
• I did not approve Keleth's asedge character. I only see the option to Remove Character. I do not see that Character in the Characters menu below the posts.
I manually approved the char in the database to do some testing without bothering you.
vagueGM says:
• The player Keleth is listed above the GM, but that may just be because Keleth is special. :) None of the other players are listed above the GM.
I notice
d that but didn't think about it. It should order by GM; I'll figure out why it's not.
vagueGM says:
vague game 3 is listed as Private. I, the GM, can not get to the game's Forum, it takes me to the https://staging.gamersplane.com/forums/ page.
I didn't change anything that affects that... I'll look into it.
Jul 12, 2024 2:25 am
vagueGM says:
vague game 3 is listed as Private. I, the GM, can not get to the game's Forum, it takes me to the https://staging.gamersplane.com/forums/ page.
Seems like a group was never created for this game; it's possible something bugged on creation. Could you try making a new game, make it private, and see if the problem is replicatable?
Jul 12, 2024 2:28 am
When I bookmarked vague's game (vague game 2024-07-09), it put two copies in the games drop-down menu in the header. One regular and one saying that I'm the gm.

Also, usually when you bookmark games, it only shows the games that you bookmarked, but on staging it also shows my other game that I haven't bookmarked.
Jul 12, 2024 2:46 am
Also, it usually differentiates between game you're in vs games you're just reading. Game you're in have the six-sided die symbol, whereas games you aren't in have the bookmark symbol.

Like this:
https://i.imgur.com/I0cY9it.jpeg

On staging they all have the die symbol.
Jul 12, 2024 3:50 am
Keleth says:
vagueGM says:
Seems like a group was never created for this game; it's possible something bugged on creation. Could you try making a new game, make it private, and see if the problem is replicatable?
It is just that one game (/games/9/). The game created 12 minutes earlier (/games/7/) and the more recent one —created after the database fix— do not exhibit this behaviour. Presumably it was something funny around the time of that game. Shortly before that I was unable to create a game (the Create button did nothing).
Jul 12, 2024 4:14 am
• Subscription status now now persists across page refreshes.

Manage Subscriptions page appears empty. Does not list the Forums or Threads I am subscribed to.

• Administrative Control Panel is all sorts of broken. It does not display Subforums, Groups tab is inaccessible, Permissions tab is missing, Titles are broken:
https://i.imgur.com/HXdaCW0.png
Jul 12, 2024 7:52 pm
I received a Message on staging titled "Testing Messaging" but the To and From fields are missing.
Jul 12, 2024 10:42 pm
Found a seemingly new bug: if I add a character to the library, it automatically adds *all* my characters to the library. And vice versa!

Edit: it also shows different libraries depending on the state my characters are in.

When my characters are added, I see these in the library: GM Stage, Casual Joe, I am a GM, Lady Trial, Mr Test, SeckTestCharachter, SweetKitty, The Sneaky One, vague Custom.
When not, I see: asedge, Mork Borg Art - Katla, vague custom 1, vagueTest Custom 1, vagueTest1.
Last edited July 12, 2024 10:46 pm
Jul 12, 2024 10:58 pm
With a posted custom sheet, clicking "Create a character" prompts a name dialogue, but does nothing after entering a name. The button itself disappears afterwards.

Sent private message is missing a "Sent" and the name of the player it is sent to. It looks like this:
Quote:
Title
to on July 13, 2024 1:54 am
I also can't delete a sent message, pressing X does nothing.

I'm looking for a game/My game interests section displays as empty in player profiles. Can't even see it on myself.

Manage Subscription page seems to not be working.
Last edited July 12, 2024 11:06 pm
Jul 12, 2024 11:34 pm
FlyingSucculent says:
Found a seemingly new bug: if I add a character to the library, it automatically adds *all* my characters to the library. And vice versa!
Adding a character to the Library appears to toggle all the Characters. I had one already Added to the Library (apparently from before this bug?) and clicking any of the 'buttons' removes them and adds the other two, clicking any of them again removes the two and adds the first one.
Jul 12, 2024 11:35 pm
FlyingSucculent says:
... Sent private message is missing a "Sent" and the name of the player it is sent to. It looks like this:
Quote:
Title
to on July 13, 2024 1:54 am
• The notification email is also missing the name of the user who sent the PM.

• The date is scrunched up against the WHEN:.
Jul 12, 2024 11:35 pm
• The front page seems to contain notifications for threads I have subscribed to. The main site sends emails (which many rely on) and does not list them in the Notifications block.
Jul 13, 2024 5:25 pm
Chalrytharendir says:
Also, usually when you bookmark games, it only shows the games that you bookmarked, but on staging it also shows my other game that I haven't bookmarked.
I'm considering whether to change that behavior, so don't count that as a bug atm.
Jul 13, 2024 5:26 pm
Chalrytharendir says:
I received a Message on staging titled "Testing Messaging" but the To and From fields are missing.
What kind of message? A new game, a subscription, etc.
Jul 13, 2024 6:46 pm
A "Private Messages" message:
https://i.imgur.com/G1gLtxz.jpeg
Last edited July 13, 2024 6:49 pm
Jul 14, 2024 1:12 am
Hey, while the subject is fresh in my mind, could we put some serious distance between the MESSAGES part of the drop-down and the LOGOUT area? That's WAY too close together for comfort on a phone.
Jul 16, 2024 1:09 am
witchdoctor says:
Hey, while the subject is fresh in my mind, could we put some serious distance between the MESSAGES part of the drop-down and the LOGOUT area? That's WAY too close together for comfort on a phone.
Eeer, I've gotta think over how to do that without it looking weird.
Jul 16, 2024 1:13 am
Maybe you can just move messages to the top menu, maybe next to Games/Characters? Or above the Settings in the dropdown. It is probably less of a problem for a theme switch to be next to the logout?
Jul 16, 2024 1:15 am
vagueGM says:
• The front page seems to contain notifications for threads I have subscribed to. The main site sends emails (which many rely on) and does not list them in the Notifications block.
So we don't want thread notifications in the top? And I've fixed the email bug.
Jul 16, 2024 1:15 am
FlyingSucculent says:
Maybe you can just move messages to the top menu, maybe next to Games/Characters? Or above the Settings in the dropdown. It is probably less of a problem for a theme switch to be next to the logout?
Good idea.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.