load previous
Jul 15, 2024 10:44 pm
No clue yet.
Jul 15, 2024 10:57 pm
Illusion
Jul 15, 2024 11:17 pm
Rune and Water and forbidden eventually
Jul 15, 2024 11:27 pm
@MaJunior,@Jomsviking Do either of you need any assistance with character creation?
Jul 16, 2024 12:32 am
I might, but I'm still at work so it'll be a while.
Jul 16, 2024 4:30 am
Dmbrainiac says:
Sure, that would be fun, especially since I’m younger, taller, and heavier than you! :D
Exactly

https://i.imgur.com/kMe1BDy.gif
Jul 16, 2024 4:50 am
Bookrat says:
@MaJunior,@Jomsviking Do either of you need any assistance with character creation?
Negatif

Just reading the rule book.
Jul 16, 2024 5:29 am
Level 5 Jotun
Magic: Power +1, Ice Shards(Trained up to Cold Snap)

At level 5, your Power score is 3. That lets you have up to Rank 3 spells. Ice Shard is a Rank 3 spell, and Cold Snap is a Rank 4. You won't be able to get Cold Snap for this adventure.

Level 6 Paladin
Health +4, Power +1
Magic: Spell Rune of Vitality

Level 6 does not grant a boost to power. Your max power for this adventure is 3. Level 7 brings your next power boost, and the final one is at level 9.

Rune of Vitality is a Rank 4 spell, and you won't be able to get it for this adventure.

I wear The Enchanted Suit of Plate, Keening.
I hold the Navigation rod for our ship.

Hmmm.. let's see..

Navigation Rod:
You can use an action and state a destination. The wielder of the rod knows the cardinal direction of the destination. This action can be done three times per rest.

Enchanted Suit of Plate, Keening:
Pick from one of these:

1) You can use an action to protect yourself from magic for 1 round. Until the effect ends, you make challenge rolls required by spells or other magical effects with 1 boon. As well, creatures make attack rolls with 1 bane when attacking you with spells. The object has one use per rest
2) The armor is buoyant and never sinks. It always floats back to the surface of any liquid into which it is placed.
3) The armor radiates menace. Creatures within 5 yards of it make Will challenge rolls with 1 bane to resist being frightened.
Jul 16, 2024 9:16 am
that armor's fear effect gonna affect the rest of the team?
Jul 16, 2024 9:50 am
I went with Theurgy for my tradition. My character is done save for enchanted items.
Jul 16, 2024 9:55 am
Soooo... I rolled for his level 3 Interesting Thing, and... uh... doesn't get more interesting than this:

Table 3 / 18 = A newborn baby that might or might not be yours

Formally requesting a mulligan!
Jul 16, 2024 12:56 pm
Hahaha!

Yes, roll again!
Jul 16, 2024 1:05 pm
It should be a goblin baby with psychic powers...

https://variety.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Screen-Shot-2022-02-16-at-5.26.01-PM.png?w=1000&h=667&crop=1
Jul 16, 2024 1:22 pm
rerolled and got: An arrow or bolt with a silvered head.
Jul 16, 2024 1:27 pm
That is a strange trade for a baby.
Jul 16, 2024 1:34 pm
It's all they had
Jul 16, 2024 3:21 pm
Shadow is ready to go once his sheet is approved.

His name at top of the sheet is a link to his build notes.
Last edited July 16, 2024 3:22 pm
Jul 16, 2024 4:05 pm
Ok, probably a completely rookie question but here goes:

Castings is per spell, correct? And smite is 1d6 per level of the spell, minimum of 1d6? So if I've got this correct, since I only have 1 power and have minimal use magically, would my best bet be to take 2 level 0 spells for a total of 4 castings, which would allow 4 1d6 smites?

Because that sounds like the beat way to maximize my smiting with such a low power.
Jul 16, 2024 4:23 pm
MaJunior says:
Ok, probably a completely rookie question but here goes:
You're not the only one!
Quote:
Castings is per spell, correct?
Correct! If you have 2 castings of a Rank 0 spell, and you have three Rank 0 spells, that's 2 castings EACH for a total of 6. But you can't swap them around. Once you're out for that spell, you're out.
Quote:
And smite is 1d6 per level of the spell, minimum of 1d6? So if I've got this correct, since I only have 1 power and have minimal use magically, would my best bet be to take 2 level 0 spells for a total of 4 castings, which would allow 4 1d6 smites?
That makes sense to me. Unless there's a rank 1 spell that you particularly want, in order to do something outside of adding damage.

Consider many spells and talents add lateral power, increasing your ability to do different things, rather than increased power that makes your attacks hit harder.
Quote:
Because that sounds like the beat way to maximize my smiting with such a low power.
If your goal is to do more damage, more often - then yes. If your goal is to provide greater utility, then it depends on the spells you grab. :)
Jul 16, 2024 5:01 pm
I figure damage is probably my goal. I only have 1 power and 2 spells total, so even my utility potential is extremely limited.

As for magical items... do we just custom-craft what we want? Roll on the charts and hope for the best? Give you an idea and let you whip something up?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.