[Open] D&D 5e: Curse of Strahd

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jul 24, 2024 10:10 am
Would enjoy playing- if someone drops out please consider making a waitlist?
Last edited July 24, 2024 1:49 pm
Jul 25, 2024 3:53 am
Apologies for the wait. After much consideration, I have decided to welcome these players to the game: @MaJunior, @Mathfuric, @Shorty, @Quilltid, and @CherokeeWind. Each of them will be receiving an invitation shortly. Thank you to everyone who applied; even if you didn't get in, I will be creating a waitlist in case anyone drops out, and I will be hosting more 5e games in the future.
Last edited July 25, 2024 6:48 pm
Sep 18, 2024 5:37 am
This game is back open with one vacancy after a player became inactive. The four remaining PCs are still in Death House (a haunted house which is the introductory dungeon), so the new PC will be able to catch up quickly with the rest of the party. Pinging the following applicants who are on the waitlist: @Arrcher101, @valdattaMadun, @SenorDeebs. I have also received a PM application from @alhoon.

These applicants will get priority, but other applications are always welcome.

P.S.
SenorDeebs: I waitlisted you because I enjoy your usual character writing, but I would need a formal application from you.
alhoon: I got your PM, but I would need a formal application from you as well.
Last edited September 18, 2024 5:44 am
Sep 18, 2024 3:29 pm
Hello. I am very new to this forum. Is me saying the following a formal application, or do I need anything else?

I would love to share this story with you and the party!
You say everyone is welcome in your table, so here it is: I am not a Native English Speaker, but I am proficient in English, especially written form. I do not live in USA, I am several hours ahead from USA time (I am GMT+2). I am also on the slightly older side (I assume) for players of 5e so I may not be caught up with all the Gen-Z language quirks. However, I have been playing in English forums and games for decades without any issue at all, and my English are good enough that many people assume I am a native English Speaker.

(1) what excites you most about this module,
Long time Ravenloft player, in fact, playing Ravenloft on and off since 1998. I have read bits and pieces from Curse of Strahd but I found the adventure to be so good that I stopped reading it early on, because I want to enjoy it as a player.

(2) a character concept you may have,
I would be interested in playing a Dwarf Cleric, Neutral Good to Chaotic Good. A bit unconventional, a bit controversial, but someone that is fundamentally good - even with some flaws.

(3) the themes you hope to explore with this character (if you know what's coming, keep this part relatively spoiler-free). Anything else you want to share/brag about is welcome!
I would love to explore how a generally good and moral character would behave in situations where the right thing to do may not be the good thing to do. I would also simply want to explore and enjoy some Gothic horror elements, like "sins of the father", a world where good/evil are absolute where my character sees shades of gray etc.
Sep 18, 2024 4:47 pm
GeneCortess says:
How to Apply. Post below: (1) what excites you most about this module, (2) a character concept you may have, (3) the themes you hope to explore with this character (if you know what's coming, keep this part relatively spoiler-free). Anything else you want to share/brag about is welcome!

I have never played this module further than the start really. I'm a rapid posting and good for long term.

(1) I have always wish to explore the Vampire Situation in 5e. I like the air that Curse of Strahd gives.
(2) I have had other characters, but I think this time I would like to explore a barbarian (foreigner) that has been swept up in this mess.
(3) I believe the barbarian's goal would be to free these cursed lands.
I guess that I didn't make the waiting list.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.