Prologue - Death House

load previous
Sep 6, 2024 12:46 am
Having seen the sparks of metal striking metal, Abraham attempts to focus in on the armor in hopes of buying them all some breathing room.

Rolls

Attack (Longsword) - (2d20L1+6)

(191) + 6 = 7

Damage (Slashing) - (1d8+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Sep 6, 2024 2:27 pm
OOC:
Death Save....
Amalthea dreams of the first battle she fought in. She was about to be pushed off the mountain cliff before a fellow soldier grabbed her and pulled her back. Drina's arm catching her before certain death keeps her soul on this plane for now.
Last edited September 6, 2024 2:35 pm

Rolls

Death Save - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Sep 6, 2024 8:59 pm
OOC:
With the narrative of sparks flying, it seems like Abraham was perfectly drawn in to the location of the knight so I would like to submit that for the attack that followed disadvantage was suspended and thus good ol Abe hits this heap of metal.
Sep 6, 2024 9:06 pm
OOC:
Prove it didn't move at all between the sparks and my swing.

Sparks falls under the same idea as using sound to attack an area.
Last edited September 6, 2024 9:07 pm
Sep 6, 2024 9:32 pm
OOC:
MaJunior, we are going to be at odds if you are shooting down my reasonable arguments! Just wait until I get to my "theories"! ;p
Sep 7, 2024 4:37 am
OOC:
In this case, I have to agree with MaJunior. Plus, swinging your sword without a target greater than "this general area" doesn't guarantee a harmful attack. Conversely, Abe has the Blinded condition which gives enemies advantage against him.
The wolf knight clanks around Abraham's strike. His sword cuts through empty air. The monster swings back around and slams its limp arms like clubs across his skull. In the background, Amalthea holds onto life a little longer.
OOC:
Drina is next, then we wrap back around to Taniwha.

Rolls

Animated armor attack and damage #1 - (2d20h1+4, 1d6+2)

2d20h1+4 : (189) + 4 = 22

1d6+2 : (5) + 2 = 7

Animated armor attack and damage #2 - (2d20h1+4, 1d6+2)

2d20h1+4 : (619) + 4 = 23

1d6+2 : (6) + 2 = 8

Sep 7, 2024 6:39 am
Abraham collapses in the hallway.

Rolls

Death Save (DC 10) - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Sep 7, 2024 10:19 pm
"What evil eye has befallen us?" Drina exclaims as the sound of another body hits the floor. Who or what wasn't exactly clear but the gypsy didn't have much hope. A light....a light would reveal all instead of this unnatural darkness! Or maybe it only would reveal the face of her demise but Drina would prefer to see it coming.

Growling, Drina flung herself at a reckless pace down the stairs while yelling toward any that still stood, "I'm going for light!" If the ranger was going to throw away her life then it would come at a high cost which she couldn't extract in the dark.
Sep 8, 2024 5:45 am
OOC:
I assume Drina is taking the Disengage action so the knight won't get an opportunity attack as she flees down the stairs. If not, see below.
Drina flees wildly down the stairs, coming to the second floor. A wide hall stretches 15' to the north and south, dimly lit from the floor below. On the north wall is a fireplace. On the east and west walls are double doors, and a small closet door oversees the stairs from the east wall. Flanking each set of double doors are two wolf-headed suits of armor with spears. Above each suit is an unlit oil lamp.
OOC:
The success won't be applied to Abe's death saves until his next turn. For now, we are back up to Taniwha.
[ +- ] Initiative Order and Status

Rolls

Animated armor attack - (1d20+4)

(20) + 4 = 24

Animated armor damage - (1d6+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Sep 8, 2024 6:14 am
OOC:
Thanks! I did intend to disengage so I may not be on the second floor as of yet.
Sep 8, 2024 9:21 am
Watching those he had entered this unnatural house with fall Taniwha felt a gnaw at his gut, that unease worming it’s way in again. He had allowed his curiosity to back himself into a corner, already two companions had fallen and a third had run off. She had shown such compassion and courage yet she had turned and fled, he had again allowed himself to feel and to hope even the smallest amount. He curses himself, "Fool, you would have done the same. Now is the time to survive not be weak."

The pale Tiefling drops his weight taking a balanced stand and bring his spear into a Oberhau stance, allowing him to attack the helm directly. Follow up with a sweeping kick the the armours legs . . .
Last edited September 8, 2024 9:24 am

Rolls

Spear - Attack - (1d20+6)

(5) + 6 = 11

Spear - Damage - (1d6+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Unarmed Strike - Attack - (1d20+6)

(15) + 6 = 21

Unarmed Strike - Damage - (1d4+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Sep 9, 2024 5:36 am
Round Three
Taniwha drives his spear into the knight's helm, but the leaf only grazes it with a flash of sparks. He sweeps the thing's legs, and it buckles to the ground with a crash. If the empty helm could look at Taniwha with hate, it would as the knight drags itself upright. Both legs are barely able to keep it upright now, and one more good hit should cause it to collapse.
OOC:
Amalthea is up to make a death save.
[ +- ] Initiative and Status Tracker
Sep 9, 2024 2:56 pm
Amalthea continues to dream, thinking of the warm comradery she felt with her fellow soldiers.

Rolls

Death Save - (1d20)

(12) = 12

Sep 9, 2024 7:18 pm
The wolf knight wordlessly lunges at Taniwha with its clawlike gauntlets. It tries to strangle him and shove him off the balcony like it did with Amalthea.
OOC:
Taniwha will have to roll against a Shove. He only risks falling ten feet down to the stairs below (and perhaps onto Drina) rather than falling to the bottom of the house, but that's still a dangerous amount of fall damage.

Rolls

Animated armor attack and damage - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (18) + 4 = 22

1d6+2 : (6) + 2 = 8

Animated armor shove - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Sep 10, 2024 7:35 am
OOC:
I think you are hogging all the high rolls DM :)
The armour rising again shocks Taniwha, but watching it standing on unsteady legs make the quiet Tiefling over confident. He lunges forward into the grip of the animated armour. He panics as the strength of the blow removes the wind from his lungs, and it drags him towards the banister. He gathers what senses he can and attempts to wriggle free . . .
OOC:
Nat 20! What perfect timing.
The words of his old Master flow into Taniwha’s mind, "Be fluid as the water Grasshopper." Taking a monkey grip on the armoured forearm and bringing his feet up against the chest, he pushes up and against the thumb braking the grip. The momentum allows the agile warrior to flip back onto his feet into an attack stance . . .
Last edited September 10, 2024 7:50 am

Rolls

Escape (Acrobatics) - (1d20+6)

(20) + 6 = 26

Sep 11, 2024 6:08 am
OOC:
Nat 20 knows how to make an entrance! Looks like this isn't over yet!
Taniwha fights back the wolf knight with flawless technique! The thing flails back, off balance.
OOC:
Drina is up!
Sep 12, 2024 5:56 am
A solid banister had guided the ranger on the headlong rush down the stairs from the upper story. By the time Drina's boots touched the second floor landing, green eyes were once again able to make out details of her surroundings.

However, the second floor was not the destination. Drina only knew of one definite source of flame which was crackling in the study's fireplace so onward she traveled. Fleet of foot, the ranger's steps barely made contact on the stairs before leaping across the last few steps entirely to land on the highly glossed surface. Using the momentum from the landing, the gypsy used the force to propel her forward into the study.
OOC:
Drina was on or close to being on the second floor landing. I am using Dash to hopefully have her arrive by the fire.
Sep 12, 2024 6:02 am
OOC:
In case the GM needs a roll because I am incapable of having my characters walk sensibly down the stairs :)

Rolls

Acrobatics - (1d20+4)

(13) + 4 = 17

Sep 12, 2024 7:23 am

Drina, leaping down the stairs, makes it to the familiar warmth of the first floor and comes all the way to the black marble fireplace. Mounted above is a gleaming longsword.
OOC:
Unless Drina uses a bonus action, we are back up to Taniwha. It's the same distance to either the main hall fireplace or the study fireplace, and both are lit, so I put Drina at the former.
[ +- ] Initiative and Status Tracker
Sep 12, 2024 11:21 pm
The speed and power still left in the animated armour had taken Taniwha by surprise, He lowered his profile circling the guardian using the time to get oxygen back into his lungs. A clawed hand slides towards the head of his spear adjusting the balance.

With a smooth motion the young monk twists at the trunk, causing the spear the arc high towards the foe’s upper torso. Using the momentum he then plants his right foot and turning on the spot, bringing the left foot down in a hammer kick . . .
Last edited September 12, 2024 11:23 pm

Rolls

Spear - Attack - (1d20+6)

(6) + 6 = 12

Spear - Damage - (1d6+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Unarmed Strike - Attack - (1d20+6)

(20) + 6 = 26

Unarmed Strike - Damage - (1d4+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Crit strike - (1d4)

(3) = 3

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.