Chapter One: Greenest in Flames!

load previous
Feb 14, 2017 7:05 pm
You say your farewells to Lennithon and make your way toward the camp. Before long, you join several others in heading into the camp. You pass by the guard tower and into the camp with no issues. You see, on this first level, a mass of kobolds setting up tents, as well as several small caves in the sides of the canyon wall. The ground slopes upward into a more human-occupied part of the encampment. No one seems to be paying much attention to you, aside from the occasional nod.

Map
Feb 14, 2017 7:13 pm
Bughu continues forward, making little eye contact in his efforts to not only avoid prolonged exposure and possible recognition, but also to determine the best avenues to make their escape.

"Prisoner first, or egg?" he mutters to the group without looking. Then he decides on codewords. "Red, or blue?"
Feb 15, 2017 4:51 pm
Red, I think. Once we hit blue, I imagine our time will be very short, yes? Erich says, trying to figure out the best way to tackle both situations.
Feb 15, 2017 4:52 pm
Bughu nods, and heads in the direction where the "special prisoner" is reported to be.
Feb 15, 2017 5:10 pm
OOC:
You do recall that Lennithon suggested it might be better to wait for an opportunity to grab the egg AFTER the camp has left for their next raid, due to the chances of the egg being damaged in a daring escape
Feb 17, 2017 2:44 am
You begin making your way up the slope to where the special prisoner is being kept alone. After just a few moments of walking, you are joined by a couple of humans, both male. "Hey, you must be new in camp? Was last night your first raid?"
Feb 17, 2017 5:03 am
Bughu barely gives a nod, letting anybody else respond if they choose. He tries to play the part of a tired soldier returning from a long march, in no mood to converse.

Rolls

Deception? - (1d20-1)

(13) - 1 = 12

Feb 18, 2017 9:43 pm
It's definitely the first time I've experienced anything quite like that. Erich says, plastering a smile on his face. What about you two? You guys experienced hands at this? I may have some questions later.
Feb 20, 2017 9:19 pm
The men look at Erich a little bit oddly, but shrug off his oddities as a result of fatigue or exhilaration the night before, "Yeah, a couple times, but nothing this big. Pretty incredible, it was. If you have questions, feel free to find me, I am staying in that tent right over there." he says, pointing to a small tent on the human level of the encampment.

Rolls

Erich Deception - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Feb 20, 2017 9:20 pm
OOC:
As a side note, he wasn't really trying to deceive them. Everything he said was perfectly true. It was the first time he's been in a raid. Just because he was on the other side of it.... :)
Feb 20, 2017 9:23 pm
Dramasailor says:
OOC:
As a side note, he wasn't really trying to deceive them. Everything he said was perfectly true. It was the first time he's been in a raid. Just because he was on the other side of it.... :)
OOC:
That's why I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but passing off words to mean something else does still take a bit of skill in lying :)
Feb 21, 2017 8:28 pm
Erich nods as they continue moving along toward their target location.
Feb 21, 2017 8:47 pm
The other humans bid you farewell and head to their tents, leaving you alone on your way to see Leosin. A moment later, he comes into view, his arms tied above his head to a large stake in the ground. He looks to have been severely beaten and hangs limply from the stake.
Feb 21, 2017 9:03 pm
Bughu continues a direct path, slowing a bit to check their surroundings. He is particularly interested in nearby guards or others that might be around.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(20) + 3 = 23

Feb 22, 2017 7:24 pm
Bughu looks around at the camp, noticing that it's fairly unorganized. There are guards occupying the towers on both levels, but no one is held or inspected before they enter. There are a few guards over by the larger tent to the north that you know to hold the leaders. The monk, just ahead, is unguarded and apparently unconscious.
Feb 22, 2017 7:49 pm
"Come on," urges Bughu. "This may be our only opportunity to get past without questioning." He heads for the monk.
Feb 22, 2017 7:57 pm
Jon keeps a lookout for anyone who might approach while Bughu is freeing the prisoner.
Feb 23, 2017 7:11 pm
Bughu approaches the monk, and given that he does not have a good description (and failed to ask), he lifts the unconscious person's face for an inspection.
Feb 23, 2017 7:21 pm
As your hand touches the man's face, his eyes open slowly, "Come to beat me some more, have you?"
Feb 23, 2017 7:29 pm
Bughu does not answer the question. He instead asks, gruffly, "Do you know Waladra?" He gauges the monk's reaction to see if there is any recognition.
load next

Thread locked