Chapter One: Greenest in Flames!

load previous
Dec 15, 2016 6:52 am
Bughu looks up at the pitiful fires, then back to the group. "I don't like it," he says, shaking his head. "Even if some of these raiders leave, they still outnumber us, and they're prepared. We're at a tactical disadvantage here. I think this is a trap."

As if to provide proof, Bughu adds the question, "Why else would they try to set fire to this mill while their friends were still inside?"
Last edited December 15, 2016 6:59 am
Dec 15, 2016 2:51 pm
Bughu you've a fine mind for tactics. If time were not pressing I'd agree that we should retreat and come back in force. The villagers will need the supplies in the mill. If we can make them leave without taking them we shall. If they will not I'll take them by force, by myself if necessary.
Dec 15, 2016 4:38 pm
For perhaps the first time since they've arrived, Bughu smiles. "You always were stubborn," he says, hefting his crossbow and training it upon the window. "Tell them to leave. Someone watch the other window. I'll cover this side." The archer heads over to the wall and slides over the top, using the stone as a means of cover. Bughu turns and keeps an eye on the window he attempted to enter before, ready to fire his crossbow at the first raider he sees.
Dec 15, 2016 4:53 pm
I wink at Bughu. Stonefeet clan, remember lad. Stubborn isn't near tha half o' it. Erich, cover the other window with yer fire bolts if you please. I move to stand ten feet directly in front of the door.

Right you lot! You've got until the count of three to take your loot and get! And I say again, leave what food's in there behind and in proper shape! One! Two!...

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

Dec 15, 2016 7:54 pm
"Wait!" a voice shouts after a moment, "We need to discuss this briefly."

After a few momemts more of hushed whispers, the voice speaks up, "And you guarantee that we can leave safely? We'd also like to take the bodies of our companions, they deserve a proper burial."
Dec 15, 2016 7:58 pm
Drop your weapons, come out, and ye can leave, and take your friends home. Do not attempt treachery. One of mine can put an arrow through the eye of a sparrow on the wing, another can turn the lot of you to cinders. I swing my axe. And then there's me.
Last edited December 15, 2016 7:59 pm
Dec 16, 2016 1:52 am
Erich positions himself to have visibility of the other window, the words of his fire bolt spell sitting on his lips ready to bombard the enemy at the first sign of hostility.
Dec 16, 2016 5:27 pm
You hear some clanking as weapons are dropped to the ground, and the bar of the door is lifted, letting the men out. They come out with their hands up, "As agreed, dwarf, we've left our weapons. Now are we free to go?"
Dec 16, 2016 6:07 pm
Bughu keeps his crossbow trained upon the window.
Dec 16, 2016 7:12 pm
OOC:
How many came out?
Bughu is that all of them?
Dec 16, 2016 7:22 pm
OOC:
Seven came out, which is all of them
Dec 16, 2016 7:24 pm
Bughu nods, now turning his crossbow at the raiders. He studies the men to gauge their intent to flee.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+1)

(16) + 1 = 17

Dec 16, 2016 7:25 pm
As far as Bughu can tell, they are serious about leaving, though a few of them obviously don't really want to.
Dec 16, 2016 7:30 pm
Erich will keep his focus shifting across the raiders, tapping fingertips to thumb in a rhythm only he knows.

I wonder, which one will break first? To burn or to freeze? Oh, would that I could learn a few more spells, something more utilitarian and flashy without causing damage. He thinks to himself as he contemplates the method by which he would assault a raider putting up a fight.
Dec 16, 2016 7:35 pm
Bughu remains where he is, keeping the wall interposed between himself and the raiders. He rests his arm upon the wall for stability and keeps a careful watch, since the slain men lie near him.
Dec 16, 2016 7:53 pm
Take yer dead and go. I nod to Bughu to let them pass, trusting you'll keep your eyes on them.
Dec 17, 2016 6:35 am
The raiders make a point of not looking at you as they collect the bodies and go on their way.
Dec 17, 2016 6:45 am
Now, what do you suppose they left behind for us?

I look in the door for anything suspicious.
OOC:
Hmm... I wonder if there are donuts.
Last edited December 17, 2016 6:45 am

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Bughu watches the raiders depart, trying to ensure none doubleback towards the mill. He then advances to the mill and takes a position opposite Oridun at the door, covering more angles to inspect the interior.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

Dec 17, 2016 9:59 pm
The mill is empty of people, as far as you can tell. There appears to be nothing of value aside from some weapons (three clubs, two longswords, and two shortbows).
load next

Thread locked