Chapter One: Greenest in Flames!

load previous
Mar 15, 2017 12:45 am
Erich nods at Bughu's suggestion and he moves to take point, relying on his elven heritage to keep his eyes clear as they make towards Greenest.

I should watch my back, but I need to trust that Bughu and company will keep that secure. Move forward, watch out in front.
Mar 15, 2017 11:27 am
He lets the words of Bughu slide, as there is more pressing matters. He hangs back, hammer drawn and ready to swing.
Mar 15, 2017 1:13 pm
OOC:
Makes some rolls in the background... chuckles evilly...
As you set out towards town, you can hear pursuit organizing behind you, and it's not long before they're getting closer, unburdened by any extra weight. You pass around a patch of thick brush, Erich's eyes barely making it out in the dark before you crash into it. The pursuit isn't so lucky, and a couple minutes later, you hear them crashing through the brush, cursing loudly as they try to work their way through it.

Not long after, you make your way carefully down a steep drop-off, losing precious time as you navigate the natural barrier. Once again, they are not so lucky, and you hear them falling down and groaning loudly. One man screams, and you have to assume that he broke something.

A couple of miles later, you no longer hear the sound of approaching cultists. It seems that you've escaped successfully.
OOC:
Their rolls on the chase were 1, 9, and 5... yours were 18, 16, and 13 lol
Mar 15, 2017 4:08 pm
"Rest," says Bughu, letting Leosin off his shoulder. "Drink water, but hurry. We want to be on the move again." He readies his longbow and stands watch.
Mar 15, 2017 4:48 pm
Leosin nods gratefully, "What of your dwarven friend? Will you go back for him?" he asks, sitting down and grabbing a waterskin, drinking greedily.
Mar 15, 2017 5:08 pm
"I will," Bughu says, not looking at Leosin. "After we get you back."
Mar 19, 2017 6:45 pm
"I see. Your loyalty is commendable, but chances are that your friend is already dead. Please do not return and get yourself killed, you will only make his sacrifice meaningless," Leosin says wisely, "How did you get mixed up with the Cult of the Dragon, anyway?"
Mar 19, 2017 11:15 pm
Bughu spares a moment to sip from his waterskin. "We come from Greenrest," is his answer to the monk.

The archer turns to Myrio. "Since we have a moment, explain yourself."
Mar 20, 2017 5:35 pm
He pulls out two mushrooms and eats one "If you think we have a moment, you are even more foolish than I thought." He walks over to the former prisoner and hands him one "Eat, it will make you feel better."

HypCo sent a note to Naatkinson
Mar 20, 2017 5:46 pm
Bughu narrows his eyes. "You're suddenly acting very coy," he growls. "You were pretty talkative earlier, and it cost me my friend. Explain yourself."
Mar 20, 2017 5:56 pm
Leosin takes the mushroom, but doesn't eat it, merely looking at it in suspicion.

Naatkinson sent a note to HypCo
Mar 20, 2017 6:04 pm
"I cost you your friend? You need to rethink your words, I tried to prevent that, his blood isn't on my hands. If your plan was to shoot every cult member that came up to question you, standing around a high value prisoner, the outcome would be more or less the same, regardless of me. I was trying to lead you to a secure location to come up with an actual plan and if you had any sense within your head, we wouldn't be in this situation. You put everyone in danger thinking you could shoot your way out of every situation you're in and that is what cost you your friend, not me." he meets Bughu's glare and calmly states.

HypCo sent a note to Naatkinson
Last edited March 20, 2017 6:06 pm
Mar 20, 2017 6:13 pm
As Mryio speaks, Leosin watches, curious to see what the outcome will be. As he listens, he begins to feel better and looks down in shock to see that the mushroom is gone.
Mar 20, 2017 6:25 pm
"You were the only one that approached us, and you did such a fine job of revealing your intentions," Bughu answers, a touch sarcastically. "Such a master of deception from within the ranks of the dragon cult is certainly trustworthy.

"So who are you, then? Why in the Hells are we bringing you along?!"
Last edited March 20, 2017 6:25 pm
Mar 20, 2017 7:00 pm
"And how lucky you were, it was me that approached you and not an actual member of the cult. Do you really think you'd be able to stand beside a prisoner that was set aside from the others without turning heads?" he questions

"You're wrong, once again, I revealed nothing. We have you to thank for that when you drew your weapon and then discharged it, when I tried to hide your mistake from the cultists." he calmly states again "and I share no allegiance to those animals. My reason for being amongst their ranks is simple. My friend was kidnapped by them and I was there looking for her but, thanks to you, my chances of finding and rescuing her are now zero. I think the better question is, why are they bringing you along?"
Mar 20, 2017 7:11 pm
"In that, I'm right," says Bughu. "You revealed nothing. Nothing to say you were friend, not foe. Nothing to say you were to help in our extraction. You forced my hand with your stupid attempt to distract us with nothing to go on, nothing to trust that we were both in the camp to rescue our respective charges. You say your friend was there, why bother with us? You could have said something and maybe we would have helped since our goals aligned, but you said nothing.

"And now, your attempt to distract us with your question has only served to increase your suspicion. I will ask one final time; who are you?"
His hand crossbow is out now, loaded and aimed.
Mar 20, 2017 7:22 pm
Leosin stands, feeling much better, and places himself between Bughu and Mryio, "Let's not be too hasty lad. Things may not have worked out as either of you expected, but the fact remains that he's obviously not a part of the cult and has blown his cover helping you to escape. Let's just hear him out." he says reasonably, patting the air in a calming manner.
Mar 20, 2017 7:26 pm
Bughu lowers his crossbow now that the monk has interposed, and folds his arms across his chest.
Mar 20, 2017 8:09 pm
"See there you go again, so quick to draw. And for what, not telling you something that is irrelevant? If my name is so important to you; it's-a me, Mryio." he strokes his his mustache "First, nothing needed to be said, it should of been clear I was there to help. Why would a 'cultist' approach alone to a group standing around a high value prisoner? If you didn't notice, they surrounded us when you drew to much attention. Another dead give away that I wasn't with them, was I didn't draw attention when you drew your crossbow. Don't you think, if I was with them, I would of called for backup instead? Second, I did say something, it isn't my fault you weren't able to pick it up."

Myrio turns to the freed prisoner-monk "We should go. The more time we waste talking, the more time we give them to catch up." he resumes walking.
Mar 20, 2017 8:45 pm
"Eh, we're not done there," Jon says through a mouthful of rations. "The egg. We made a promise to the lady dragon."
load next

Thread locked