Primeval PbP Posting Rules

Mar 7, 2015 7:47 pm
Hullo, folks,

Now that we're pretty much ready to go with the actual game play, I've opened up this first thread for the purpose of going over the actua l posting rules that we'll be using here in the PbP.

I'm going to divide the game posting rules into various separate messages here, since they'll be quite long for several reasons. First off, I don't want folks to not read them! :) Secondly, I want folks to be able to absorb them and actually use the rules that I'm going to set out here. And third, I want you to be able to find the posting guidelines on a given topic when you need to access them for a reminder and the like.

So I hope that works for everyone. :)

So on with the rules for posting in the actual play of the Primeval PbP game...
Mar 7, 2015 7:51 pm
PRIMEVAL RPG: TALES OF THE ANOMALIES PBP GAME POSTING RULES AND POLICIES

The following is the set of rules and policies for posting in the actual play section on the PRIMEVAL: Tales of the Anomalies PbP forums. Like any set of rules, these are a series of guidelines and everyone is expected to abide by them. A copy of this set of game posting guidelines is up in my PRIMEVAL: Tales of the Anomalies PbP public Dropbox at the following site:

Please note the term "Moderator" is used throughout this text to refer to the Game Moderator or Gamemaster.

Finally, there will be some examples of the game rules here and how they work. These will take the form of separating the example text out using five (5) asterisks before and after each example. Such as:

Example of how rules work

From this point forward, please use the TAGs (see below) for all messages that are posted to the PRIMEVAL RPG PbP game forums in the Actual Play section sub-forum. Time to start using them and get used to them! :)
Mar 7, 2015 8:12 pm
LOTS OF THE OBVIOUS STUFF

Okay, first off... I'm going to talk about some of the stuff that is the most obvious stuff. This will include Amount of Posting, Subject Headers/Lines, Quoting, Real World Conflicts, and Game Date and Time Stamp. Each of these subjects are covered in the material included in this post.

AMOUNT OF POSTING

First of all, I want to set some guidelines on posting. I intend to moderate the PRIMEVAL: Tales of the Anomalies PbP in a somewhat lax manner, meaning I don't intend to spend my day on-line answering posts. Each and every one of us has real lives to lead and other things to do, but the game *does* need to progress. Therefore, I expect players to post a message reply at least once every two days (but see the post below dealing with some of the TAG notations for the game).

SUBJECT HEADERS/LINES

The Subject header at the beginning of each Thread is quite important within the context of the roleplaying game, especially a game played on a set of forums. The manner in which I intend to handle this is simple and straightforward. Each "Act" or "Scene" will have its own Thread with a Subject Header. Please do *not* change the Subject Headers unless it is specific to your character or you wish to discuss something off-topic (see posts below), though any Off-Topic discussion should be taken to the Threads designated for them. I would prefer to keep the actual play part of the forums free of Off-Topic discussion, simply because this is meant to be the section for the Play by Post (PbP) of the game, not a true discussion forum. If you want to discuss something personal or non-game related, take it to to the OOC Discussion thread or personal/private e-mail.

Once the game starts in earnest, the Subject lines for posts will follow the guidelines of an overall scene descriptor, for example, "In the Forest Clearing"; if only one character is active in said setting or thread, the Subject Header may also include the name of the character who's posting to it or
being responded to primarily, such as "Harry Martin". Thus, the Subject line will be "In the Forest Clearing - Harry Martin", for example. If "Robert Greenwood" is the character who's being dealt with, the post would have a Subject Header of "In the Forest Clearing - Robert Greenwood," or some such. More detail on this once we're closer to getting the game in play.

Think of the Subject headers as the Chapters of an ongoing story or saga, and let that be your final guide.

QUOTING

Quoting is going to be an issue during the course of the game. It always is in these games. :)

One of the things that I wish to avoid in this game is the excess posting of quoted text. My position on this is simple: There should be *NO* quoting of other posts here, except as noted here. As a general rule, each player character's actions and responses to actions should come at the top of the message (see the post on the various Tags below). The only exception to this rule is when a player must respond directly to something another player has said or done, in which case a *small selection of text* may be quoted in that section. The basic guideline here is to quote only that portion of a previous post that you need to make reference to. Furthermore, RULES material (see the Tags post, below) will also be exempt from this rule of no quoting in the body of the new material for the post up to a point, but any overuse or abuse of this will be dealt with by the Moderator on a case-by-case basis.

When responding to a piece of dialogue from another player character or an NPC, do not respond to more than one section of dialogue in any one post. The reason for this being that people in real life try not to have two or three conversations going on at once, and since the game play is linear, it will make it more difficult for a player to have an actual conversation with one character if they handle things this way. For example, a player writes:

Charles looked over at Steven. "What are we going to do? It's all I can do to keep this door barred."

Charles turned to the zoologist. "Well, Gareth. Do you know of any way of keeping the dinosaur out of here? My strength is starting to give out."

This example above is erroneous and should be avoided. We won't talk about the obvious fact here that Charles must be pretty wimpy physically if his strength in holding the door barred is giving out in the time it takes to utter these two sentences of dialogue! The problem with the above example is the fact that Steven's response to Charles may influence whether he actually asks Gareth if he has a way to prevent the dinosaur from coming into the room, and thus the turning to Gareth and asking him a question should have waited until Charles had a response from Steven. Otherwise, effectively you would have two conversations going on at the same time and characters talking over each other. Furthermore, this multiple stimulation of the character from different sources may make them oblivious to other things going on. Thus, the correct way to handle this would be:

Charles looked over at Steven. "What are we going to do? It's all I can do to keep this door barred."

As you can see, this is a much cleaner response, as it allows Steven's player to respond to the question, and perhaps take an action as well. Furthemore, assuming that the zoologist Gareth is also present, it allows him to take independent action in the scene as well, although if he wishes to interact with Charles and Steven, then the events would be described and handled sequentially.

In the case of the first version of this post, Steven, the player character, can respond to the question addressed to him, and react, in a single post, and Gareth should reply to the second paragraph in a separate post as well. If Steven wants to reply to the second paragraph, that needs to be in a separate post on top of that, and any posts that Gareth makes need separate posts as well. Kindness and the vagaries of the internet and forums require that players give each other a bit of time to respond to posts, and netiquette says that Gareth's player might give Steven's player a chance to respond to Charles before he responds himself. Note that the TAG mechanic (see post below) used above is due to the fact that Charles's player wants responses from both Steven and Gareth.

Bear in mind that some of you are likely to be keeping track of all these posts, if not filing them away somewhere for future or whatever use. Having the same text quoted at the bottom of a message five or more times while someone writes a basic reply to it at the top is not conducive to good bandwidth or scribes keeping track of the actual game, so be aware of this and quote only what is necessary, and always *after* the new text, except as noted above.

REAL WORLD CONFLICTS

I think that it will also help if players with real world conflicts drop a line to the group, letting the rest of us and the Moderator know that they will not be available for a while. This can be something specific, such as stating that you are going on vacation for a week starting October 1st, and not returning until October 20th, or something as simple as "Coaching basketball this week - I'll do what I can." Please note that such posts should be placed in the OOC Discussion thread, not any of the Actual Play threads themselves.

As a general rule, we try to be courteous to each other, and therefore tend to assume that "something" must be happening to account for a lapse in play. On occasion, it turns out that it's a missed post, that the forums messed up, or other such business, and something as rude as a "nudge" would be welcome.

GAME DATE AND TIME STAMP

I will be using a Game Date Time Stamp from time to time during the course of the game. I have seen a few PBeMs and PbPs that have suffered terribly because of the imposition of game time during the course of the PbP, and this is my prerogative as the creator of this fictional corner of the PRIMEVALverse. Rather than precisely measuring each move to the second, I will allow time to pass as if we were sitting around a table roleplaying. Game dates will be posted as needed or necessary. Sometimes a few days may pass quickly and sometimes each moment will be counted, depending on the action in the game.

Needless to say, Combat will be handled in rounds, as per the rules of the game, and these will be periods where keeping track of time will be very important. I will do my best to keep players properly informed of game time, but bear in mind that glitches will occur from time to time. That's when you, as players, are to keep me on my toes. :)

However, I will also be posting information to the group on events in my game corner of the PRIMEVALverse through the use of newspaper clippings, advertisements, billboards, posters on street corner, and so forth, and these will have a game date on them. The game date will use the standard newspaper style dating system, and these clippings and so forth will be posted to the EXPOSED! New Articles and Other Publicity thread (not yet created, as I write this). So be prepared for these.
Mar 7, 2015 8:56 pm
POSTING GENERAL CONVENTIONS

The following are the general posting conventions that we'll be using in this PbP game. Please adhere to these general guidelines at all times.

The first general convention is that *ALL* posts made in the actual play section of these forums are IN CHARACTER. The exception to this rule is the use of several of the TAGs (see separate post below on the TAGS) that we'll be using. While some players will prefer a first person point of view, other players will be using third person and even trying to use the omniscient point of view for their in character posts. The Moderator has no problem with that, though you may find that this will cause some problems at times. As long as players post consistently in the same fashion with every post, I have no problem with this.

The second generation convention is as follows: Players are expected to post the actions and other narrative material for their characters. This means that they are *NOT* to post or write the actions or behaviour of other player characters or non-player characters. This basic tenet ensures that players keep control of their own characters, and that those of the non-player characters are kept in the control of the Moderator. This is one of the fundamental rules of the posting in a PbP game of any sort. The only exception to this rule is when the Moderator must post for one of the players as their character due to their absence for whatever reason for a lengthy period of time (see below).

The third general convention is that all text written by the players should be in plain, black text. Do *NOT* use colour text for any of your posts. Colour text of various hues is reserved for the Moderator use, please, and I expect players to adhere to this caveat. Thanks. :)

Please do not start any posts with non-game comments, and use OOC or RULES (see the TAG post below) for game clarifications or rule clarifications, respectively, followed by IC (again, see the TAG post below) for the actions and statements of your character.

Anything written in quotes, "such as this text", will be attributed directly to your character, as if you had said it. Anything else is going to be considered thoughts and/or physical actions and motions, depending on what you state.

All thoughts and thought processes should be posted in italics. An example of this would be something along the lines of:

It was a sad thing, she mused, to be thought of as a deceitful little so-and-so.

However, this could also be handled as regular, descriptive text. For example:

Mary gazed worriedly at the jungle landscape before her. I wonder where I am - or when I am! - and how I'm going to survive this. Then, resolutely, she continued walking towards the forbidden vista, the sounds of strange animals echoing in her ears. No time like the present, eh? she thought.

The text above is fine, and works quite well as is. But it can be handled in a textual manner, without giving Mary the actual thinking process directly.

Mary gazed worriedly at the jungle landscape before her. She wondered where she was - when she was! - and how she was going to survive this. Then, resolutely, she continued walking towards the forbidden vista, the sounds of strange animals echoing in her ears. "No time like the present, eh?" she muttered to herself.

Two very distinct ways of handling this, one using the active thought/thinking process in it (the first example), and the second with the more passive thought process. I have no preference on how individual posters handle this when talking in character, so I leave it up to the individual to sort out for themselves.

Just bear in mind that you need to be careful about what you say and therefore what you write and how you write it! :)

Speech from robots or some creatures through a speaker interface or some other means and the like will use the "*" to contain text. For example:

*I do not know who you are or why you are here,* the huge robot said in a metallic voice. *However, my masters know of you.*

Computers and other types of automatons are another non-player character type that may be encountered in the world of PRIMEVAL. All computers and automatons will talk with "+++" before and following their quoted text. For example:

The computer voice of the complex rang throughout the halls. +++All personnel should vacate the factory immediately. Repeat, all personnel should vacate the factory immediately.+++

If any other policy needs to be established in regards to this element of the game, we'll take it up at the time (using the RULES or OOC Tags (see posts below).

In the event that two to three days pass after another player is expected to respond as their character goes by (or a time period that I deem is too long), I reserve the right as Moderator to answer for that character. I don't want to have to do that, but I don't want the game to stall into a message-less void, either. I will try, in most cases, to ask the silent player in question as Moderator to respond first.
Mar 7, 2015 9:12 pm
POSTING "TAGS"

The following are a series of abbreviated terms used to differentiate game versus non-game related elements, called "TAGS", that will be used throughout the course of the PRIMEVAL PbP game. Please try to use the set of TAGS as appropriate:

IC:
In-Character. This Tag is used for all actions and material that is posted by the player when they are playing the character.

Note: The IC Tag is Optional for players to use as their characters in the game, since all posts in the actual play threads are assumed to be in character. The Moderator is giving players the option of using this Tag.

OOC:
Out Of Character. This Tag is used by the player whenever they are stepping out of character, but are still playing the game. This Tag is used before asking questions or stating something about the character's actions or deeds (such as use of a gadget, spending X number of Story Points, altering the outcome of a success or failure, etc.), the game world, or something about the game situation that is not clear, without doing so "in-character" (see the IC Tag, above).

Note that this is not the same as completely Off-Topic discussion, which is covered in the OOC Discussion thread, and not in the Actual Play forum areas.

The OOC Tag should be used for matters "out of character" but still related to it, such as a question for the Moderator about the weight of an item, a request for more information about what is written on a handwritten note, or some such). For the most part, the OOC Tag is pretty straightforward.

If a player has an OOC (or even an RULES, see below) topic to discuss with another player that is not necessarily for public consumption, that post should be sent directly to the player concerned and a copy should be sent to the Moderator in PM as well. As a general rule, anything that is OOC should be handled that way in the case of two or three players. In the case of IC ones, this works differently. If the two players are having a chat in character, but none of the other player characters are present, this is still part of the PbP game. Bear in mind that none of the other players/player characters actually may know what was said, but it *is* part of the story. Just remember, when the characters are talking or doing something, it's IC and belongs in the forum threads; when it's two players talking about how they will deal with any given situation, it's OOC and PM that is CCed.

RULES:
RolePlaying Game Rules related. This Tag is used primarily to discuss game rules and/or mechanics, as well as an explanation of and/or clarification of game rules and the like (though such clarifications should be properly made in the Primeval RPG Rules thread). Regardless of whether the Moderator or the players are making the dice rolls to resolve game situations, this Tag will also be used for the purpose of making game mechanic rolls, informing the parties concerned of dice results or discussing the game mechanics, and so forth.

TAG (Optional):
This specific Tag, which is used optionally, always put in capital letters, specifies the end of the post by the writer, and designates who the writer wishes to have respond to this particular post. See below for some more guidelines on the use of this Tag.

I request that every post optionally end with a "TAG" at the end. I say "optionally" here, since some players may not wish to use this format for the end of their messages, believing the respondent to be obvious. This should be merely TAG GM or Tag Moderator, if I am to respond to the action stated, or it may be a TAG listing another player character to respond to the player character's actions or their dialogue.

In the event of wishing a response from a Game Moderator character, please use the name of the character in the Tag, rather than GM or Moderator. If an OOC post or a question for a player during play needs to be made, this should be done in the Character Discussion thread, elsewhere.

Note that the use of the "TAG" denotes the *end* of the new message in question, and this is important to remember.
Mar 7, 2015 9:16 pm
RESOLVING GAME MECHANICS

Needless to say, even though the PRIMEVAL RPG PbP is a more narrative version of the game, certain game mechanics are still resolved during the course of the game. (Otherwise, you wouldn't have had to actually do up game statistics for the character you're playing, right? :)) This section covers the resolution of game mechanics.

Game mechanics for the PRIMEVAL RPG PbP rpg game are resolved at all times by both the player and the Moderator. The game mechanics used to resolve situations and tasks within the context of the PbP game will be conducted as per the rules of the Primeval RPG rulebook. All dice rolls on behalf of player characters will be made by the players of said characters, using the Basic dice roll mechanics found here on the forums.

Players are expected to provide the Moderator with as much information as they feel is necessary to resolve a given task or combat situation, and should mention any special conditions that apply. The more detailed the player is in providing this set of guidelines to the Moderator for the purpose of task and combat resolution, the better the Moderator will be able to resolve the task or combat situation as if the player character were doing so. All notes and information for the Moderator related to these details should be in an OOC or a RULES (if truly game mechanics-oriented) section of the post.

For example:

[The player characters find themselves facing a pair of large lizard-like creatures in a forest clearing.]

I draw my weapon, and will attack the nearest creature.

OOC:
John, I want to take an extra round to aim for the creature's eyes, but if the lizard creature is too close, I will try to move for the closest cover I can find, using my Athetics ability and spending up to 2 Story Points before the roll, if necessary, and then attempt to aim. I'll also use as many Story Points as I can to negate modifiers for the called shot, and minimize the penalties.

RULES:
See below for the game mechanics of the above.

TAG: Moderator

Note that the OOC above could just as easily have been a RULES instead, as it mentions game mechanics, but it does not actually discuss them at all, and thus is deemed as the player attempting to give the Moderator a better idea of what he is trying to do, and what steps he is willing to take to do so.

The player under these circumstances can provide as much detail to simplify the decisions necessary by the Moderator in resolving the situation or combat event, as the player sees fit. Note, that it's important for the player to remember their background and personality - not to mention their game abilities! - when informing the Moderator of how they wish to handle certain circumstances and situations.

ROLLING THE DICE

So, how do you format the dice rolls stuff here in the game? Easy. As you saw in the examples above, the format for dice rolling in the game will be as follows:

Task: Attribute(#AValue) + Skill(#SValue) + Trait(#Bonus/#Penalty) + 2d6
[Dice roller mechanic]
Total of X

where #AValue is the value of the Attribute, #SValue is the value of the Skill level, #Bonus and #Penalty are the modifier that the Trait in question (if applicable) adds or subtracts from the roll, 2d6 means you add the value of 2d6 to the roll, and then the Total is the total on the roll where X is the sum for the result obtained.

For example:

Calm the beast: Presence(2) + Animal Handling(4) + Animal Friendship(+2) + 2d6
[Dice roller mechanic comes up (2,8)]
Total of 18

Thus, a character with Coordination 3 and Marksman 1 who rolls a total of 8 on the 2d6 roll, and assuming no other modifiers, would post it as follows:

Shoot target: Coordination(3) + Marksman(1) + 2d6
Dice total of (3,5) = 8
Total 12

Additionally, the use of Story Points would be added to the entry as Story Points(1 before)(2d6=Y); see the separate post about Story Points and how they are used in the Primeval RPG Rules thread. This means the player has chosen to spend 1 Story Point before the dice roll, giving an extra 2d6, with Y representing here what the player rolled on the two bonus d6s. In this case, when making the dice roll for the shooting of the target right above, and spending the Story Point, the post would look like this:

Shoot Target: Coordination(3) + Marksman(1) + 2d6 + Story (1 before)(2d6)
First 2d6 roll = (2,6) = 8
Second 2d6 roll = (3,6) = 9
Total 21

Other elements added to the roll will be discussed as needed, using the RULES Tag. Other modifiers and elements of the task rolls and dice and/or game mechanics will be discussed as needed during the course of the game.

Thus, in the sequence above with the lizard, the game mechanics part of the post might read as follows (assuming the Moderator tells the player that aiming for one round gives a bonus of +2 to the roll):

RPG:
Shoot lizard: Coordination(2) + Marksman(3) + Aim(+2) + Eye called shot(-4) + 2d6 + Story(2 before, for a bonus of 3d6)
First 2d6 roll = (4,6) = 10
Story Point bonus roll 3d6 = (2,5,6)= 13
Total 26

Seek cover: Coordination(2) + Athletics(2) + 2d6 + Story (1 before, for a bonus of 2d6)
First 2d6 roll = (4,5) = 9
Story Point bonus roll 2d6 = (3,4) = 7
Total 20

Furthermore, please note that the damage mechanics are handled in the manner noted in the Primeval RPG rulebook, as noted in the seperate posts in the Primeval RPG Rules thread. Thus, let's say a character is attacking a creature and has a Strength of 3, and is using a small piece of pipe (which does Strength +1, and thus the damage values for the pipe are 2/4/6), and scored a Good Success. This means the character will have done 4
points of damage to the target of the attack. This would be written up as follows:

RPG:
Damage: Good Success, pipe damage 2/4/6, Damage equals 4 points
Mar 7, 2015 9:42 pm
So, let's put it all together...

CHARACTER ACTIONS

The following consist of a series of basic guidelines for character actions and the like. Needless to say, other situations and possible actions will arise, and these will be addressed by the Moderator in conjunction with the players as is warranted.

The following was mentioned earlier, but bears reiterating: Players are expected to post the actions and other narrative material for their characters. This means that they are not to post or write the actions or behaviour of other player characters or non-player characters. This basic tenet ensures that players keep control of their own characters, and that those of the non-player characters are kept in the control of the Moderator. This is one of the fundamental rules of the posting in a PbP game of any sort. The only exception to this rule is when the Moderator must post for one of the players as their character due to their absence for whatever reason for a lengthy period of time.

It is important to remember in the context of the PRIMEVAL PbP to allow time for others to act, and to allow for the Moderator to react and the like on the part of a non-player character. Thus, for example, if the player character knocks into a non-player character who is running down a building corridor, the player must stop the action, since a potential interaction may occur, but could request information from the Moderator about the character encountered. If the player continues to take action, and the non-player character might have interacted with the player character at this point, time does not go backwards (even though this is a time travel rpg of sorts!). The Moderator might have planned to have the non-player character interact with them, but this is negated by the player's continuing their sequence of actions. The proper way to handle such a sequence is:

IC:
Antony got out of the Yellow Flag cab, and started to walk towards the nearby restaurant. He was distracted as a man stumbled out of the alley, colliding with him.

OOC:
Moderator (or John, if you want to be less formal), what do I notice about the man? Does he have any distinguishing characteristics? Does he try to pick my pocket?

RULES: (See below for more on the game and dice rolling mechanics used here)
I would like to make a Perception roll on the man.

Check the man: Awareness(3) + Ingenuity(3) +2d6

[Insert dice roll mechanic here]

Total roll: X

For the dice rolling conventions, see below.

As a general guideline, any time a player places his character in a position where an interaction with another player or non-player character or creature might occur, the player should end the sequence with the "TAG: Moderator or " tag. I won't enforce this 100% and expect players to use common sense and have the good grace to adhere to the rules set forth in the "TAGS" post earlier to the degree they feel comfortable.

Players are expected to use the IC Tag for their posts for their characters if the need arises (since all posts in the actual play threads are IN CHARACTER, unless noted through the use of another Tag), and the OOC Tag as an option according to the "TAGS" guidelines (see previous post).
It is permissible to interrupt the IC material with an OOC and/or RULES Tag for the purpose of learning information or asking questions relating to the game situation, and then returning to the IC Tag for the continuation of the game story.

An example will serve to illustrate this best:

IC:
William ran full tilt to the end of hallway, coming upon Claire's still form. He was afraid she was dead, but he also had other concerns, as he knew that whoever had attacked her might still be in the vicinity.

OOC:
Moderator (or John), what do I gather of her condition? I will use my Medicine skill to assess her condition, if at all possible.

RULES:
(The Moderator came back, stating that William needs to make an Awareness + Medicine check, to which William goes:)

Check Claire: Awareness(3) + Medicine(4) +2d6

[Add dice roll total here)
Total of 13

Note above that a Perception check (Awareness + Ingenuity) roll could have been used if the player choose to for whatever reason, rather than using the Medicine Skill, that it could have been Ingenuity + Medicine (at the Moderator's discretion), or that the character might have had to make the roll Unskilled (Awareness with a -2 penalty) to succeed. Furthermore, the Moderator might have allowed the Awareness + Medicine roll with a bonus of +2 if the player had Survival Skill. Other combinations might have been possible too, as per the Primeval Roleplaying Game rules, and as the Moderator deems appropriate.

In any event, once William knows the condition of Claire, assuming that she does not require a Medicine roll to heal her injuries, the action might continue as...

IC:
William looked around to see whether he could spot the person(s) that had done this. Instinctively, he drew his gun.

RULES:
Look around: Awareness(3) + Ingenuity(3) + 2d6
[Add dice total)
Total of 11

OOC:
John, since this is important, I will use up to 1 Story Point, if necessary, to attempt to find the person(s) that did this to her. If any of them is coming towards us, I will take a quick shot at one of them, to warn them off.

RULES:
Shoot roll: Coordination(2) + Marksman(3) + 2d6 + Story(1 before)(extra 2d6)
Apply both dice totals
Total of 18

TAG: GM, Claire (if awake)

The sequence above also illustrates the fact that the OOC Tag is used to give the Moderator instructions for the resolution of game mechanics, or to add any details to the information they might be attempting to gain in a given encounter. Note that this does not require the use of an RULES Tag usually, since there is no actual discussion of game mechanics and rules. The player could have used the RULES Tag to discuss the game mechanics (as is done several times in the above examples, as task resolution and game mechanics are used as well) that he wants to use to resolve the situation, but that would require an extra paragraph as necessary. The Moderator could conceivably reply with an RPG Tag to explain the mechanics of what occurs in this case, but that will depend on various circumstances of the situation not covered here.

AND THAT'S IT!

And there you have it, the Posting Rules for the PRIMEVAL PbP game.

Are there any questions or comments? As mentioned, at the beginning of this post, I will post a copy of these rules for posting for the PbP over to my public Dropbox site as well.

TAG All ;)
Mar 13, 2015 7:23 pm
Hullo, folks,

Just to clarify one other thing. As Moderator, I'll be using coloured text for various purposes during the game.

Here are the colours I'll be using and their meanings. (More to be added as they become useful and/or necessary.)

Moderator posting in Green
While the Moderator will be writing most of his posts in the standard black text, he reserves this colour of text for dealing with any Moderator issues that come up, as well as various other aspects of stuff that he wants to draw to the attention of players. So please pay attention to this colour text when you see it. Thanks!

THREAT X or THREAT Y
For the definition of Threat, see this post.

This will always come at the top of any Moderator post where it is relevant. If the text is red, it means the creature's Threat has increased, if the text is green, the creature's Threat has decreased.

Note that if the text has multiple numbers, it means there is more than one creature, each one with the Threat value listed. :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.