Battletech: Character Creation

load previous
Dec 4, 2016 9:36 pm
The woes of RNG...

Thunderbolt is one of my favorite IS Heavies, too.
Dec 5, 2016 12:39 am
Axman for now butwe will get you something you like more once we get rolling. I had to help my brother fix his motorcycle today so I didnt get to post but it is coming soon.
Dec 5, 2016 2:03 am
Its fine. Oh also just so everyone knows if I havnt mentioned it. I don't really know much about this universe. I am super interested, and am stoked to play. But no clue what most of the names and stuff specifically mean. Sorry if I'm a bit out of the loop during the game.
Dec 5, 2016 3:29 am
All cool, Nik. If you have questions, feel free to ask us. I love to talk endlessly about the subject, as mrvain well knows
Dec 5, 2016 11:53 am
I thought about it and decided that I would rather have you enjoy the character and so decided to ignore the random result for your mech and give you a Thunderbolt 9-SE. Put the Thunderbolt on the character sheet and submit the character sheet to the game.

@mrvain please submit your character sheet as well.

Thunderbolt TDR-9SE
65 Tons
BV: 1439
Cost: 5,851,010 c-bills

Movement: 4/6/4
Engine: 260 Fusion
Double Heat Sinks: 15 [30]
Standard Gyro

Internal Structure: 104 Standard
Armor: 13.5 Tons Standard (211)

Head: S: 3 A: 9
Center Torso: S: 21 A: 30 RA: 12
Right Torso: S: 15 A: 24 RA: 6
Left Torso: S: 15 A: 24 RA: 6
Right Arm: S:10 A: 20
Left Arm: S: 10 A: 20
Right Leg: S:15 A: 30
Left Leg: S: 15 A: 30

Weapons:
Left Torso: 3x Medium Laser [Heat: 3, Damage: 5, Range: 3/6/9]
Left Torso: LRM-10 [Heat: 4. Damage: 1/missile, Range: 7/14/21]
Right Arm: Large Pulse Laser [Heat: 10, Damage: 9, Range: 3/7/10]

Ammo:
Left Torso: LRM-10 Ammo [12 Shots]

Equipment:
Left Torso: CASE
Dec 5, 2016 8:43 pm
Thank you so much!
Dec 6, 2016 5:32 pm
Equipment: As active military most of the characters' equipment will be issued rather than owned. At least all of the mission vital equipment will be. Personal belongings are allowed aboard ship and this can be purchased with starting cash, I will help you through that process here. Starting cash can also be saved for in game use. Throughout the story we will also be keeping track of the mission's funds for larger purchases like supplies, vehicles, personnel, etc.

Assigned Equipment:
Leslie - Aerospace Neurohelm, Combat Flight Suit, Flight Suit Gloves/Boots, Laser Pistol, Fedcom Dress Uniform, FedCom Uniform, Military Communicator, Military Powerpack (For Pistol), Micro Powerpack (For Comms), Basic Field Kit, Noteputer, Load bearing equipment for above (belts, holsters, etc), Micro Powerpack (For Noteputer)

Isaac - Neurohelm, Cooling Vest/Shorts, Plasteel Boots, Auto-Pistol, 2x Magazines Standard Ammunition, FedCom Uniform, Basic Field Kit, Load Bearing Equipment for above (belts, holsters, sling, etc), Night-Vision Goggles, Filter Mask, 2x Mask Filters, Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle, 3x Magazines Rifle Rounds, Military Communicator, 2x Micro Powerpack (1 in Goggles, 1 in Comms)

Roman - Combat Neurohelm, Cooling Vest/Shorts, Plasteel Boots, Auto-Pistol, 4x Magazines Standard Ammunition, FedCom Uniform, Basic Field Kit, Military Communicator, Barrel Mounted Flashlight, Micro Powerpack (Comms), Load Bearing Equipment for above (Belts, Holsters, etc), Micro Powerpack (Flashlight)

Nate - Neurohelm, Cooling Vest/Shorts, Plasteel Boots, Auto-Pistol, 4x Magazines Standard Ammunition, FedCom Uniform, Basic Field Kit, Military Communicator, Micro Powerpack (For Comms), Descartes XXI Diagnostic Scanner, Power Pack (For Scanner), Electronic Security Bypass Kit

Nathaniel - Neurohelm, Cooling Vest/Shorts, Plasteel Boots, Auto-Pistol, 2x Magazines Standard Ammunition, FedCom Uniform, Advanced Field Kit, Military Communicator, Micro Powerpack (For Comms), Advanced Medical Kit, Auto-Rifle, 3x Magazines Rifle Rounds, Barrel Mounted Flashlight, Micro Powerpack (Flashlight), Load Bearing Equipment for above (Belts, Holsters, etc)

Starting Wealth & Monthly Salary:
Leslie - 2500 C-Bills / Salary: 1875 C-Bills
Isaac - 100 C-Bills / Salary: 1500 C-Bills
Roman - 2500 C-Bills / Salary: 1500 C-Bills
Nathaniel - 1000 C-Bills / Salary: 1500 C-Bills
Nate - 1000 C-Bills / Salary: 1500 C-Bills (Sends 500 C-Bills to family monthly)
Dec 6, 2016 7:31 pm
Should we jump in with our characters whenever? Or is this a Leslie intro?
Dec 6, 2016 7:36 pm
Jump in whenever, it is a group intro, obviously assume everything posted thus far already happened. You can post what happened beforehand, but when you get to Leslie and Bardon assume you come in after our last posts
Dec 7, 2016 4:48 am
Anyone know a good place for character pictures for this kind of game? I had one of your typical 'pretty boy' type, but the face was so smug in that "attractive and I know it" way that I couldn't bear to play it, even if that fits. The picture I just posted with fits the personality more, but I wouldn't classify it as being worthy of the "Attractive" quality, and it might not really fit Roman's age. I'll keep searching nonetheless, but I'm willing to take suggestions for where to look. Pinterest, thus far, has failed me.
Dec 7, 2016 4:58 am
Generally I just google image. Scifi pilot, hotshot pilot, etc. The portrait I used for Captain Bardon game from MeoHq which is the software I am using to track the campaign. My portrait for the Only Ones game was a google image for Russian Female Survivor.
Dec 7, 2016 5:16 am
Normally finding a picture is the last thing I'd ever have a problem with. I'm probably being too picky with this one. Thank you, though. I'll keep up the search!
Dec 7, 2016 9:02 am
Well done everyone! I like everyone's character intros a lot.
Dec 7, 2016 6:07 pm
D'oh, forgot that I mentioned Solaris in my post and forgot to change it after I heard the proper name. Haha, wooops.

Also, is there any difference between the Combat Neurohelm and a plain Neurohelm?
Dec 7, 2016 6:17 pm
Combat helm has a smaller perception penalty and can be sealed to provice breathable air. Needs a full combat suit for that so right now the benefit is the better perception. It also provides slightly more protection
Dec 7, 2016 6:36 pm
Got it! Thanks!
Dec 8, 2016 6:44 am
Roman has undergone some serious cosmetic surgery as I've uploaded a new picture for him that seems more fitting for his traits.
Dec 8, 2016 6:58 am
I actually liked the other one better.
Dec 8, 2016 7:23 am
----Traits----
Attractive | 200XP | 2

I liked the other one for the personality, but I couldn't see that person charming anyone with his looks.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.