Part 4: Wave Echo Cave

load previous
May 18, 2017 2:16 am
I stride in with my pack full of foraged fruit, finishing the last of an apple as I approach the others. "Ah, you are awake. Are we ready to leave for our next destination?"
May 21, 2017 11:32 pm
Gimblyn stumbles down the stairs, "Good morning, all," he says, slumping into a chair and leaning his head against the table.
May 22, 2017 12:09 am
"All right, we're all here," says Kama, rolling his shoulder to get the knots out. "So you might remember that we promised Reidoth we'd take care of his dragon problem. Stormsong, you showed up after we had that deal, so you ain't held to that if you want to stay in town. But I also figure I should make that same offer to Xora and Gimblyn; neither of you have to come with. So, what say everybody? You in?"
May 22, 2017 3:59 am
"Wouldn't miss it for he giants in the Ice Spire, as we say. I'll be writing tales, poems, and songs for weeks after this adventure, and getting free grub and drinks for them years after that!"
May 23, 2017 3:17 am
"I'm in. I still owe Reidoth," Gimblyn says.
May 24, 2017 2:09 am
I nod. "We must complete the tasks we've set out to accomplish."
May 24, 2017 2:18 am
Kama nods. "Okay, then. Let's head out. We can stop by Reidoth's place for an update on things, then proceed to where the dragon's supposed to be." He stands, teeters a bit, then reorients himself.
May 24, 2017 2:23 am
Stormsong wolfs down his breakfast, runs upstairs and grabs his gear -- he had it ready by the door. He remembers to leave a tip in the room, then heads down to join his companions.

"So, is there anything I need to know about Reidoth?"
May 24, 2017 2:37 am
Kama pauses. "Well... he's a druid. Seemed reasonable, a bit straightforward, but we only spent about 10, 15 minutes with the guy."
May 24, 2017 4:58 am
You leave the tavern and head toward the ruins of Thundertree. The journey takes a couple of days before you end up outside of the cottage Reidoth occupied last you were here. You see a couple new locks on the door and you also notice that the door is now wrapped with thin vines all over.
May 24, 2017 7:01 am
As before, Kama steps up to the door and knocks upon it, using the poll of his greataxe.
May 25, 2017 8:46 pm
The door opens after just a moment to reveal a gaunt, white-bearded man is flowing forest-green robes that you recognize as Reidoth, "Ah, you're back!" he says, then opens the door to let you in. The place hasn't changed much, but the walls have thin vines sprouting from them.
May 25, 2017 9:55 pm
"Thanks for your help," says Kama as he walks into the home. "We managed to save our friend and get him back to town. How have things been here?"
May 26, 2017 7:41 pm
"Calmer ever since you chased away them cultists," Reidoth says, then looks over to Stormsong, "Ah, I see you've made a new friend? Name's Reidoth."
May 27, 2017 4:11 am
I stand in the doorway and nod towards Reidoth. "Good to see you are well."
May 27, 2017 7:39 pm
Stormsong steps into view, looming over Kama and Xora and says, "I'm Stormsong. Love the decor."
Last edited May 27, 2017 7:39 pm
May 27, 2017 10:55 pm
Kama smiles. "Well, if that dragon's still around, we're here to see about driving it away." He frowns. "It was at the church?" he asks for confirmation, clearly unsure and not remembering where the dragon was said to be.
May 27, 2017 11:23 pm
"Yeah, he's still here, but he's been leaving every now and then, probably raiding caravans or some such thing," Reidoth says, nodding his greeting to Stormsong, "He's at the tower on the hill most of the time, though."
May 27, 2017 11:33 pm
The half-orc nods. "Okay, thanks."

Kama turns to the others. "You all ready? Don't know how easy it is to sneak up on a dragon, but maybe we can try to get as close as possible without alerting it. Assuming it's home."
May 28, 2017 9:08 pm
Gimblyn nods and lets out a shaky breath, "Let's do this!"

At the top of the hill stands a round tower with a cottage attached. Both are in good condition, although half of the tower's roof is gone. A door leads into the cottage, and several arrow-slit windows are visible in the tower. You can't help but notice an eerie quiet in the area and a strange, acrid smell in the air.

The corpses of two hideous giant spiders are sprawled near the edge of the pathway, apparently dragged there. Their bloated bodies are puckered and blistered, and appear to have been mauled by a large animal.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.