Part 4: Wave Echo Cave

load previous
May 28, 2017 11:26 pm
"Hey, Stormsong," whispers Kama. He holds out a small pouch. "Reidoth gave me these the first time, said it might come in handy against this dragon. The berries inside this bag are supposed to hold it down and keep it from flying. I don't know if they all have to be thrown, but maybe if you take half, we can see about flanking this beast and setting these things off from its sides."
May 30, 2017 5:35 pm
"Sounds good.
Say, Kama -- what is our end goal here? Kill the dragon, get it to leave, get its hoard? I can attempt to magically influence it in different ways. Charm so we can get one massive hit, charm to suggest it go back to where it came from, or just make it easier to hit. I could deafen it during our approach.
No guarantees it will fall for my tricks, but I wanted you to know."

He pauses for a moment and continues, "By the way, do you know what this critter will breathe on us? It may be worth trying to fool it to use its breath on an illusion before charging in...
Last edited May 30, 2017 5:42 pm
May 30, 2017 5:46 pm
"Reidoth just wants it gone. Killed or driven away, so long as it doesn't bother this place anymore," says Kama. "As for what it breathes, I admit I've not tangled with any kind of dragon before. Xora, you know anything?"

Rolls

Nature - (1d20-1)

(5) - 1 = 4

May 30, 2017 6:17 pm
Kama isn't really sure what green dragons breathe. Fortunately, Xora is a bit more familiar with the types of dragons and she can tell you that they breathe poison gas.
May 30, 2017 6:34 pm
"Anyway, whatever we can use to our advantage will only help. Illusion might work, and at the very least might keep it distracted enough for some of us to get into position."
May 30, 2017 7:05 pm
"One distraction, coming up."

He takes a moment to have a meaningful moment with Kama & Xora to inspire their future deeds (+d8 to attack, damage, save, ability, or AC as reaction)
[ +- ] illusion
In his biggest booming voice,
"HAIL, OH GREAT ONE! PRAY, GIVE ME A MOMENT OF YOUR TIME AND TELL ME OF YOUR GREAT DEEDS! I WISH TO WRITE A BALAD TO SHARE YOUR TERRIBLE WONDER WITH LITTLE PEOPLE OF THE WORLD SO THEY MAY WONDER AND TREMBLE!"
Accompanied by the lute.

Rolls

Performance - (1d20+6)

(15) + 6 = 21

May 31, 2017 2:12 am
OOC:
Minor Illusion can't create the image of a creature, only an 'object'
May 31, 2017 1:13 pm
OOC:
retcon illusion to just the lute, floating in the air
Jun 1, 2017 4:16 pm
Well, so far as I know, you aren't inside of the tower yet, so you don't have any idea of how it's laid out or whats in there. If you want to get close, go ahead and give me a stealth check!
Jun 1, 2017 4:18 pm
Kama looks around at the group, implying that with his heavy armor he is not the best candidate for a stealthy entrance (but he still would go if that's the intent).
Jun 2, 2017 11:23 pm
OOC:
Anyone want to try sneaking up on the dragon? :P
Jun 3, 2017 2:13 am
Kama hikes up his skirt, and tries his best.

Rolls

Stealth, Disadvantage - (1d20+1, 1d20+1)

1d20+1 : (10) + 1 = 11

1d20+1 : (4) + 1 = 5

Jun 5, 2017 3:21 am
Keeping my head low and sticking to the walls, I attempt to stay quiet, hiding wherever I can as we make our approach.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+6)

(12) + 6 = 18

Jun 5, 2017 11:58 am
Stormsong and Gimblyn join the others in trying to sneak up.

Rolls

Gimblyn Stealth - (1d20+2)

(20) + 2 = 22

Stormsong Stealth - (1d20+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Jun 5, 2017 2:08 pm
You make your way up to the base of the tower and are not noticed as far as you can tell. The door is closed right now, and all is silent within.
Jun 5, 2017 4:17 pm
Kama tries to open the door.
Jun 5, 2017 4:38 pm
The door opens with a loud creak, leading into a small empty room with a door on the eastern wall.
Jun 5, 2017 5:17 pm
Kama peeks his head in, taking care to look up in case there's something... or someone... watching them from above.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Jun 5, 2017 5:26 pm
There is nothing above besides ceiling.
OOC:
The tower is attached to a cottage which is the only way in. Sorry for any confusion!
Jun 5, 2017 5:32 pm
OOC:
No worries, wasn't sure if there was a hole in the ceiling, and better safe than sorry!
Believing the cottage to be clear, Kama proceeds further in, and checks the door on the eastern wall.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.