Character Concepts & Campaign Info

load previous
Dec 19, 2016 5:51 pm
Thanks for having me and hello all!

I've played a ton of RPG's & TT games over the years, but I started out with and grew up on D&D, with fond memories of games going until the sun peeked through the window in the morning. I'll be starting my first 5e game with you guys, have the PHB, and am exploring character options now.

I've followed some of your adventures, and I've gotta say, it's a great setting and just an enjoyable adventure to follow. It seems like good swords and sorcery as advertised, with a believable kind of feel to it as far as these settings go. As far as PbP, I feel lucky to have come across this game, as not only do I like the setting, but it seems like a very active game as some of you really seem to post frequently, which is exactly the kind of game I'm looking for: one with an involved core group and a story that moves forward, keeping everyone engaged.

Anyway, looking forward to adventuring with everyone. Good luck with Adan at the shrine!
Dec 19, 2016 5:52 pm
Hi! Welcome! Save us!
Dec 19, 2016 5:59 pm
Hi and welcome! Hopefully you have a group to join at the start of the next chapter!
Dec 19, 2016 6:20 pm
Interesting... it seems like you guys might actually be worried about dying. That's good. I like a game with an edge. And yeah, that's a fight you've got on your hands, to be sure. Adan seems like one of those classic villains you really don't want to run into without a plan. Looks like he had one for you, as your arrival at the shrine was greeted most harshly.
Dec 19, 2016 6:27 pm
D&D5e can be very squishy for low-level characters, and encounters further down the road still have a chance to kill. And when you go up against an intelligent opponent with allies, it's downright dangerous.
Dec 19, 2016 8:06 pm
CancerMan says:
Hi! Welcome! Save us!
I lol'd.

Welcome aboard, Ezeriah! Hopefully we're all still alive to greet you at the start of the next chapter!
Last edited December 19, 2016 8:06 pm
Dec 19, 2016 8:42 pm
Trying to get familiar with the system... did Leth multiclass into fighter for the superiority dice? Or maybe I missed something under ranger. I'm on a crash course right now, just curious.
Dec 21, 2016 11:09 pm
Quote:
I'm on a crash course right now, just curious.
It's my first time with 5e too; it's actually pretty easy to jump into. Feel free to ask questions! They help me learn too!
Dec 28, 2016 8:17 pm
What's our plan, here, guys? I'm really not super keen on surrendering, but it seems like that may be our only option if we want to maintain our innocence. (edit: and this time if we get arrested we'll probably be okay given the number of powerful people in hazard that are interested in us) Attacking the guards definitely seems like a bad idea, but Adan seems to be pushing us towards that eventuality...

I'm kinda thinking I should have just kept attacking Adan and tried to kill him; guards be damned... but I don't think that's what Leth would have done
Last edited December 28, 2016 8:21 pm
Dec 28, 2016 8:31 pm
Zangua's plan was to ask for forgiveness, but right now there's a guard in his way of taking Adan's head off.
Dec 29, 2016 5:03 am
Yeah... you guys are most definitely in a classic 'sticky situation.'

Just wanted to let everyone know I've read through the entire adventure up to now, and it's pretty awesome. Of course, my character isn't psychic so he'll still need to be filled in. I wish I'd been there from the start. A lot of great moments, all in a grand adventure.

In case you can't tell, really looking forward to being a part of it! Hopefully there's a lot more in store!
Dec 29, 2016 4:53 pm
I need to try not to schedule big setpiece battles for holiday weeks...
Dec 29, 2016 8:28 pm
Yeah, we're kind of hooped right now; I'm tacking the tack of not attacking directly and letting Darux hopefully get himself into trouble. But even then, this might be hard to talk our way out of.

I'm kinda hoping for a big enough distraction that we can all get away...

I need to try not to schedule big setpiece battles for holiday weeks...

It's kind of tough to be sitting and waiting to do something. But then again, I'm taking a pretty passive approach right now.
Last edited December 29, 2016 8:29 pm
Dec 31, 2016 7:53 pm
Normally I'd move things along and wait for players to drop back in when and if they're gonna, but Rock and Ends have been here long enough that I'm sure we'll see them again after the holiday madness subsides, and I wouldn't want to cheat them out of their chance to act at this critical juncture in the fight.

In the meantime, I have wrapped up my 1st Edition campaign on Twitter.
Dec 31, 2016 8:39 pm
Hey, no worries - I'm well away from my usual location and routine and have been kinda delinquent about checking in; this is my first check in since the last time I posted. And I completely get waiting for everyone to take their turns; it is the nature of PbP.

Loving the game so far.

I saw your tweet about the end of the 1st Ed by Twitter campaign...I'm a little sad!
Dec 31, 2016 8:53 pm
PbP is such a different beast from every other rpg play style. It just takes so much longer to get stuff done and requires a lot of patience, so it's not for everybody - which I think is why a lot of the campaigns here seem to die off after a while. I mean, we've been going for nearly two years now and are only on chapter four... but we're still going pretty strong (as you noted earlier, we seem to be the most active game on gamersplane). I've was part of another other PbP website a long time ago that would sometimes take years just to finish up one chapter; I actually still have a story going over there that picks up one or two replies a month, since most people abandoned it long ago. I'm glad you guys are all committed to this! We've got a great group here. And a big thanks to you, Octo, for putting all this together and being so patient with us! It's been a blast so far and I'm looking forward to where it goes next!
Dec 31, 2016 9:04 pm
Read the final battle for your 1st ed campaign... always good for the party to be working for a demon cult without knowing it.

As far as wrapping up campaigns, I hope this one has a lot of steam left in it, as I really like the setting and the feel. After reading the first 4 chapters, I'd describe them as a cross between Tolkien's Hobbit and Howard's Conan: a great adventure in a grittier low fantasy setting. My favorite part was the Badgerways, and I hope we can further explore that at some point or find some other dungeons.
Jan 1, 2017 12:51 am
This chapter has been very urban/investigative, so I'm aiming for more of a dungeon crawl theme for chapter 5.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.