Character Concepts & Campaign Info

load previous
Jun 8, 2016 8:01 pm
Chapter 3 is finished & locked. Any questions or metadiscussion about what just happened can go here for now. Chapter 4 will start with time having advanced a bit, assume you can rest up and fully heal and shop for basic supplies if you need to.
Jun 8, 2016 8:06 pm
What kind of weapon does the catchpole count as? I'm thinking of taking the Polearm Master feat with the new level, but it only counts if I'm using a glaive, halberd, or quarterstaff. If the catchpole counts as none of them, I likely won't take the feat.
Jun 8, 2016 8:20 pm
The catchpole would be considered a glaive.
Jun 8, 2016 8:47 pm
Thanks! I've noted it on my character sheet. So the blade will inflict a poison on a successful attack, but not the blunt end, right? Also, is the special grapple attack a single Attack action? I wasn't clear on what you meant by disadvantage if I just wanted to grab someone with it.
Jun 8, 2016 8:55 pm
Quote:
but unless your weapon skills allow for multiple attacks, you can only make a single attack with either end each round or attack at disadvantage to use the special grappling attack.
So at a regular level of proficiency, you can attack with either the blade (poison) or blunt (not poison) end once per turn, or make the special grappling attack by rolling at a disadvantage.

With the Polearm Master feat you can wield the catchpole as the Implacable did: one blade and one blunt attack per turn, or one grappling attack with no disadvantage.
Jun 8, 2016 8:59 pm
I'd like to pick up a component pouch if I can find a seller of magical trinkets. The PHB cost is 25gp, and I figure no one will mind if I take one of the gems from the goblin treasure that I think is worth about 25gp and try to buy one with that?
Jun 9, 2016 12:38 am
Thanks for the explanation!
Jun 13, 2016 3:53 pm
Everybody: let me know when you've leveled up and updated your character sheets.
Jun 13, 2016 4:24 pm
Nearly ready, still deciding on one last spell to prep but everything else is done I think so feel free to start.
Jun 13, 2016 4:43 pm
Mordred is back and smarter than ever.
Jun 13, 2016 4:46 pm
What videogame sound do you all associate with leveling up? For me it is the Zelda "found a new sword" sound, but a strong argument could be made for the Mario "mushroom" sound.
Jun 13, 2016 4:49 pm
Final Fantasy IV battle victory music, maybe?
Jun 14, 2016 12:01 am
Vad is ready to go!

Pac-Man intro music.

You tube video
Jun 14, 2016 3:16 am
I usually hear the Fire Emblem level up sound (I can't find the specific sound from the gameboy game I played in high school, so this is close enough). Or the Skyrim level up music. Though the final fantasy victory music is also up there.

lemme do my HP roll real quick...

Rolls

hp - (1d10+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Jun 14, 2016 3:24 am
Okay. Leth is now level 4. Took a point in Con and Wisdom, increasing the modifier for both. Which means more HP!

Question, though: One of his class features he gets by being a spell-less ranger is the ability to make some healing poultices. To do so, I have to spend an hour gathering herbs and actually creating the poultices. Could I assume he has done so at the start of the next chapter? (Technically he actually had access to this ability at 3rd level, but I forgot)
Last edited June 14, 2016 3:37 am
Jun 14, 2016 4:17 pm
There is a lot of fungus and mold and stuff in the City of the Symbiont Queen so sure, those count as herbs, get your poultice on
Jun 14, 2016 6:28 pm
I'm going to assume I can find a Component Pouch? What gem am I able to trade for it? I'd also be interested in finding something we could use to hinder anyone trying to follow us through the tunnels. Maybe smoke bombs or some kind of highly flammable substance we could drop behind us and light on fire?

Rolls

Investigation (if needed) - (1d20+1)

(17) + 1 = 18

Jun 14, 2016 6:42 pm
Components, sure. You could convert the gems to cash here, but I don't have my gem value notes handy atm so I'll get back to you on the total there. Smoke bombs aren't really a thing down here, but you could get some quick-burning oil.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.