Character Concepts & Campaign Info

load previous
Nov 28, 2017 9:54 pm
Sorry for the delays. Had a big job come up, then thanksgiving, then a good friend and mentor of mine passed away over the weekend and I've been dealing with that. I know I've got some more big jobs coming up, but I'll try and get in at least a couple replies a week if I can.
Nov 28, 2017 10:58 pm
Sorry to hear that thedandyman.
Dec 18, 2017 6:59 pm
Yeah, my condolences, thedandyman. Hope things are settling down for you.

Thinking ahead, my participation from Dec 22 - Jan 1 will probably a bit erratic. I'll have plenty of downtime mixed with some days I won't be available at all, so please don't hesitate to "assume control" of Mordred if things are bogging down due to my inattention.

Happy holidays to you all. Not to get too maudlin at the holidays, but I consider you all my Internet D&D friends, even though I don't think I know any of your real first names. For what it's worth, I'm Dave and you can find me on Twitter, Facebook and MeFi. Take care, and be well.
Dec 18, 2017 7:13 pm
I've been pretty good about keeping PBO cordoned off from my real-identity internet activities, but that FB add you just got was me.

Hope you're doing OK, thedandyman.
Dec 19, 2017 7:20 am
I'm doing a bit better now; thanks.

As far as holidays go, I'll be visiting family in indiana from the 23-29, and their internet is notoriously slow, so don't expect much activity from me then.

And as long as we're sharing names, ya'll can call me Dan if you like!
Dec 19, 2017 2:08 pm
BullOctorok says:
that FB add you just got was me
Heh. I saw that and I was like "Who's this joker?" and was about to delete the request when I remembered I had just put my Facebook profile on the forums here, and it would not have been a great look if I ignored one of y'all. Glad to confirm it was legit! I will not reveal your identity.
Dec 19, 2017 3:32 pm
Hey everyone - happy holidays.

I may be away from a solid internet connection between Christmas and the New Year; and, of course, life is getting more and more hectic as we get closer.

And you can call me Paul.
Dec 21, 2017 9:44 am
I should have decent internet access over the holidays and will try to check in regularly. Hope everyone has a great Christmas!

Twitter for anyone who doesn't follow me already.
May 14, 2018 5:24 pm
Looking over my character, I just realized that I have an "unidentified iron rod" in my inventory. I can't remember where we got it, but it might have been from the island with all the elementals and the elf wizard. In all the time we've rested, could Zangua have spent an hour to see if he can figure out what that iron rod is?

Also, I apologize if I've asked this before. I never wrote the answer down and even now I'm still in the process of going through all of our posts to see if there's mention of it.
May 14, 2018 5:32 pm
I have the same "unidentified iron rod" listed on the party loot sheet; I tried to just compile everything that nobody had spoken up about that I caught.

Here it is - might be a good chance to double check it and see if there are items on it I've duplicated.
May 14, 2018 5:36 pm
Potion of Giant Strength is gone; Zangua used it during the demon fight.
May 14, 2018 5:45 pm
This should be the iron rod you looted from Pafthinel's lab in chapter 5, page 71. Zangua has been unable to figure out its purpose on his own.
May 15, 2018 9:21 am
I'll do a Detect Magic on it next time we're resting.
May 15, 2018 8:27 pm
So... just as a heads up, i’m moving this weekend. Out of state, in fact! So I’ll probably be pretty busy the rest of the week, and likely the next week or two as well. On top of that, my computer just decided to quit working, so I can only access the site from my phone, which isn’t ideal.

In short. I don’t want to leave the game, but... I may be inactive for a little while.
May 15, 2018 8:44 pm
We can just keep Leth on autopilot until you're back to normal. Good luck with the move!
May 16, 2018 8:38 am
Moving house sucks! Hope it goes smoothly.
May 28, 2018 2:46 pm
Just wanted to let you all know that this past Friday night, I needed an NPC name on short notice for my campaign, and used Gethro. Gethro (I didn't give him a last name, but the players soon decided that it must be Tull) was a bit of a hermit who lived a few hours away from the small hamlet the players were in, who hadn't been seen in a couple of weeks, and there was a lot of strange screeching being heard at night. A poor nature roll convinced the ranger that they must be dealing with cockatrices, though the Warlock's owl familiar did some scouting and saw something that looked like a really big bear.

Anyways, they dutifully trekked out to Gethro's small shack, noting the trees that had been raked by claws along the way, and found the shack with the door knocked off the hinges, claw marks, and blood on the floor. Further investigation lead them to encounter the owlbear and her cub, and what was left of Gethro was found in some owl pellets in the den. Everyone was very sad about Gethro and the fate of the owlbears, though the folks at the hamlet were very happy with the cockatrice claws that were brought back.
May 29, 2018 8:50 pm
Poor old sod, that Gethro!
May 29, 2018 9:19 pm
Well, they seemed extremely reluctant to go out and deal with whatever the problem was until I mentioned the hermit like old trapper who hadn't been seen for a bit. And then they wanted a name. So...sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.