Chapter One: The Iron Sphere of Sthombo

load previous
May 29, 2015 4:05 pm
Monitoring this, further developments will occur once Vad is awake (or not) and actual tracking begins
May 29, 2015 5:58 pm
Vad quickly sits up, jolted awake, but is able to heed Felor's warning. Whispering he asks, "what's going on?"
May 29, 2015 6:53 pm
Leth moved quickly to the eastern door, and paused for just a few seconds to consider his options. The closer he followed them, the greater the risk of getting caught. Better to let them get a little further ahead and then follow at a distance. Leth had spent quite some time hunting in the woods and knew a thing or two about tracking, so if he lost sight of the faint light up ahead, he was fairly confident he would still be able to follow them.

K so basically he's gonna let them get as far as they can go without completely losing sight of them and then follow behind, to hopefully make it more likely to not be noticed. I'm sure you'll want me to roll some checks for that?
May 29, 2015 6:58 pm
Yes, everybody following needs to make a Stealth check to avoid being heard and a Perception check to keep them in sight (one successful roll there will keep the entire party on the trail).
May 29, 2015 7:04 pm
Leth began to creep forward, wondering who would be out in the middle of the night near the razed town. What was even more confusing was that they weren't even moving towards the town - it was to the south west. They were moving east.
Hopefully we'll start getting some answers soon.

Edit: Whoa, hey, is that the first nat 20 this game?? :D
Last edited May 29, 2015 7:05 pm

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+3)

(11) + 3 = 14

Perception - (1d20+4)

(20) + 4 = 24

May 29, 2015 9:35 pm
Felor sees a shadow move through the undergrowth as the men start to vanish into the forest, and he knows that Leth is on their trail. He starts to follow, at a slight distance so as to keep within sight of Leth while not letting the men hear the clanking of his armour.

Disadvantage to Stealth due to scale mail.
Last edited May 29, 2015 9:36 pm

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Stealth [disadvantage] - (1d20+1)

(13) + 1 = 14

May 29, 2015 10:01 pm
Vad, still a bit woozy from his nap, tries to keep Felor in sight as he trails behind him.

Rolls

Stealth [+2] - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Perception [+0] - (1d20)

(17) = 17

May 29, 2015 11:55 pm
Felor's foot sinks into something soft and viscous. He tries to fall silently as it slides out from under him, but to no avail. He lands heavily on a rotting log, unwittingly grunting from the impact, as the odor of fungus wafts up from the remains of the massive forest mushroom he stepped on. Alarmed, Vad stumbles as well, and up ahead the two figures freeze as they hear the commotion behind them.

Everybody has time for a quick action before anything else happens.
May 30, 2015 6:35 pm
Realising he's probably given the game away anyway, Felor swears as he tries to regain his footing.
"Melora's black teeth! Acursed fungus!"

My action is swearing. And standing up if I'm able.
May 31, 2015 12:20 am
As Vad regains his footing he tries to remain as still as possible. Raising his hand in front of him he performs a quick Prestidigitation cantrip and tries to create an illusion of two deer running through the forest away from his and Felor's location.
Jun 1, 2015 12:23 pm
Sorry for the delay. I should be on long enough later today for a decent reply
Jun 1, 2015 3:56 pm
That's a tall order for Prestidigitation.

The person with the lantern turns toward you. "I am old! We have nothing of value! Please, leave us be!" a woman's voice calls out.
Jun 1, 2015 5:11 pm
"We mean you no harm!" Felor calls out. "Why are you out here at this time of night?"
Jun 1, 2015 6:13 pm
"We've only come to feed the Oak's Wife! Please, let us alone!"
Jun 1, 2015 6:16 pm
Religion check - do I know what they're talking about?

Rolls

Religion skill check - (1d20+3)

(16) + 3 = 19

Jun 1, 2015 6:24 pm
This does not refer to any religious tradition you are familiar with.
Jun 1, 2015 6:29 pm
Oak's Wife? Sounds like a local god or somesuch, but can't think of anything specific, Felor thought.
"Are you from around here? Did you know Mayor Kells? We're friends of his."
Jun 1, 2015 6:47 pm
"We've nothing to do with Kells! The justiciars have already satisfied themselves of that! We only want to do our rites in peace, please!"
Jun 1, 2015 7:00 pm
"Aye, not to worry, we're not with the justicars. Quite the opposite, I'd say." Felor pauses for a moment, before continuing. "Tell me, would you allow me the honour of completing your rites with you? I'm a Cleric of Fjorgyn, and it's only right I pay my respects to your... Oak's Wife, is it?"
Jun 1, 2015 7:13 pm
It's time for Felor to make a Persuasion roll!
load next

Thread locked