Chapter One: The Iron Sphere of Sthombo

load previous
Jun 17, 2015 8:39 pm
"You've found out where Zora is located! I think that should be our first stop come morning."

OOC: I'm ready as well.
Jun 17, 2015 8:47 pm
2gp it is. Ready for morning!
Last edited June 17, 2015 8:48 pm
Jun 18, 2015 5:49 pm
Dawn lightens the gray sky, and with it comes a renewed fury to the rainstorm. Sheets of water beat down on the party, none of whom can be said to have gotten much of anything resembling a good night's sleep.

If the plan is to look for Zora along the river, I'm assuming you'd want to stop back in Sthombo to grab your gear and any other supplies you think you might need, gather information, etc. The confluence of streams generally recognized as the source and starting point of the Ophid River is about 90 miles from here. I think it would be good for the three of you to agree on a basic itinerary for what you want to do next, and we'll go from there.
Jun 18, 2015 6:39 pm
I say back to Sthombo, get our stuff, have a proper rest, see if we can get any info on the crown guys and anything else relevant. Then head off to the Ophid.
Jun 18, 2015 10:16 pm
Leth had tried his best to find some shelter in the longhouse from the unending torrent from the heavens, but didn't have much success. He looks up at the sky with a weary moan as the light begins to illuminate their surroundings.
Dawn already? That was the most pathetic night of sleep I've ever had.
He slowly sat up and looked around, sure that everyone else must have had the same luck as him getting any rest.
"Well." He said slowly and emotionlessly, eyes half closed as rain beat down on his head.
"I vote we go back to Sthombo for our gear, a dry change of clothes, and a hot meal before we decide what to do next."
Last edited June 18, 2015 10:17 pm
Jun 19, 2015 7:29 am
"Aye, a hot meal." Felor says, visualising some roast meats and a pint of ale.
Jun 19, 2015 2:41 pm
"Agreed, but let's do so quickly. Don't want to have Zora leaving on us while we're back at Sthombo."
Jun 19, 2015 4:25 pm
You return to Sthombo soaking wet, but without incident. Rest/food/gearing up will be a given. Please let me know the specifics of any shopping or information gathering you want to do while you're still in town.
Jun 20, 2015 7:59 pm
So where are we right now? An inn/tavern somewhere in Sthombo? How long have we stayed to rest?
Jun 22, 2015 3:14 pm
I'd like to ask around in the inn if anyone recognises the 6-pointed crown symbol.
Last edited June 22, 2015 3:14 pm
Jun 22, 2015 5:30 pm
You're at a cheap inn on the west side of town. You can stay in town as long as you'd like; the party should probably decide how long they intend to stay and prepare before setting out to find Zora.

Felor, give me Investigation and Persuasion rolls.
Jun 23, 2015 5:15 am
My assumption would be we left the longhouse at dawn or shortly before that, picked up our stuff, and crashed at the inn long enough to get a full rest. So it would be late afternoon-ish now when we're wandering around town. Or would we have just waited to get a full rest until that night? Just trying to figure out what exactly we're doing/have done by the time we've started trawling for rumors.
Last edited June 23, 2015 5:15 am
Jun 23, 2015 3:52 pm
Let's say by this point you've gotten back, crashed at the inn for a few hours (enough to be considered fully rested), and now that it's evening Felor is talking to the inn clientele about the Six-Pronged Crown.
Jun 24, 2015 8:21 am
Felor looks around the various characters at the inn, trying to get some sense of who the best person to ask would be. He wasn't used to crowded establishments like this one, they made him feel claustrophobic. Taking a deep breath, he made a silent prayer to Fjorgyn and steeled himself to approach a patron.

Cast Guidance on myself.
Edit: Use the Guidance roll for the Persuasion check
Last edited June 24, 2015 8:22 am

Rolls

Investigation skill check - (1d20+1)

(14) + 1 = 15

Persuasion skill check - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Guidance (add to Persuasion check) - (1d4)

(2) = 2

Jun 24, 2015 4:45 pm
Felor spies a man with an oiled beard and a conical hat drinking alone, reading a vellum scroll. His literacy and appearance suggest perhaps a greater than average familiar with the esoteric than your typical tavern customer, and Felor approaches him. But no sooner does Felor politely request his attention than the man gruffly mutters "piss off" without bothering to look up from his scroll.
Jun 25, 2015 10:46 am
Where's Leth & Vad at currently?
Last edited June 25, 2015 10:46 am
Jun 26, 2015 6:46 am
Leth, upon waking up and getting a bite to eat, will follow Felor out into the common area of the inn and watch him try to question people.

"You know... it might be a good idea to head out to find Zora while we still can. The longer we wait around here, the more likely she is to be gone when we get there... and we can always come back to ask people about the crown." He said quietly to Felor when the old man shooed him away.
Last edited June 26, 2015 6:47 am
Jun 26, 2015 4:18 pm
Each of you can make another Investigation/Persuasion roll for information-gathering here. Vad, where you at?
Jun 26, 2015 5:27 pm
Vad, who has joined the others after collecting his gear, nods in agreement with Leth. "Yes, we should try and get to her as soon as we can. She's probably the best lead that we have. Let's take a few more minutes to see if we can find anything out here and then be on our way." Spotting an attractive young women he walks on over and introduces himself. "Good evening, Ma'am. I was wondering if I might ask you a quick question about a certain symbol that my friends and I keep coming across."

EDIT: BALLS!
Last edited June 26, 2015 5:27 pm

Rolls

Persuasion [+3] - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Jun 26, 2015 5:38 pm
szemely says:
Let's take a few more minutes to see if we can find anything out here and then be on our way."
"I suppose a couple questions couldn't hurt..." Leth said, relenting. He begrudgingly cast his gaze around the inn, looking for someone who seemed approachable. Leth wasn't a big fan of interacting with strangers, but the situation called for it, so he was going to give it a try, at least.

(((Not sure if you wanted us to give both checks, or to pick one... So I'm doing both)))

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+4)

(12) + 4 = 16

Persuasion - (1d20+1)

(10) + 1 = 11

load next

Thread locked