Chapter One: The Iron Sphere of Sthombo

load previous
Jul 20, 2015 8:12 pm
Felor tries to keep his eyes peeled as he attempts to tail the suspicious man without making too much noise.

Edit: Add +1 Guidance bonus to the lower Stealth check.
Last edited July 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Rolls

Investigation check - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Stealth check [disadvantage] - (1d20+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Stealth check [disadvantage] - (1d20+1)

(12) + 1 = 13

Jul 24, 2015 5:08 pm
The burgher slips through a crowd of night-pilgrims making their torchlit rounds, and Felor loses the trail.

Unless you'd like to redouble your efforts to find him, we can progress to the next morning.
Jul 27, 2015 11:15 am
Happy to progress to the morning if it's OK with everyone else.
Jul 27, 2015 10:13 pm
"I'm looking forward to the morning", Vad says, for no apparent reason.
Last edited July 27, 2015 10:13 pm
Jul 29, 2015 5:44 pm
I'm back! Next morning sounds good to me.
Jul 29, 2015 9:33 pm
It's morning in Sthombo! How would the party like to start the day?
Jul 31, 2015 4:41 am
As the morning lights spilled in the windows, Leth stumbled downstairs to the dining area of the inn, hoping to snag a bite of breakfast before getting the day going. While he assembled a plate of food, he cast his gaze around the inn, hoping to spot the two women he had spoken to the day before.
Last edited July 31, 2015 4:44 am
Jul 31, 2015 8:23 am
Slightly grumpy after his failure the previous night to glean much, if any, information from the denizens of the inn, Felor joins Leth at breakfast.
Jul 31, 2015 4:34 pm
Vad rubs the sleep from his eyes as he enters the dining room. Looking about he notices Felor and Leth at a table and decides to join them. Throwing himself down into the seat he leans forward with his elbow on the table and his face in his hand. His eyes start to slowly close before his head snaps back to attention. "What are we doing again?"
Jul 31, 2015 5:21 pm
The scholarly women from Banwod are nowhere to be seen.
Jul 31, 2015 5:27 pm
I now immensely regret not getting their names.

Leth frowns as he observes the dining room.

"Not here yet..." He looks at Vad and Felor. "I was supposed to meet a couple of Bandwodian women here who might have some info on the crown symbol. I didn't get a specific time from them, they just said they'd meet me here in the morning..." He looks around the room one more time, quickly, before looking back at his companions. "I'll wait around here a little bit to see if they show up. If not... I might go looking for them at the Temple of Nethuns; they said they were attending a symposium there. I'd hate to think that involving them in all this would have brought them any harm." He says nervously. "I just wish I'd asked their names... it'll be hard to find them."
Jul 31, 2015 6:31 pm
Are Felor and Vad going to wait with Leth, or do they have any other business they'd like to attend to?
Jul 31, 2015 7:29 pm
Vad will get himself some food and wait with Leth.
Aug 3, 2015 10:29 pm
By late morning, still no sign of the two women.
Aug 4, 2015 7:28 pm
After waiting around most of the morning to no avail, Leth sighed and looked at his companions. "Well, this is great." He stood up from the table he was sitting at and looked at the doorway, then back to Felor and Vad. "I don't think they're gonna show up here. Should we try looking for them at the temple?"
Aug 4, 2015 7:54 pm
Sorry, on holiday so can't respond much.

Felor finishes up his sizable breakfast with the other two. After waiting for the women to show, he turns to his companions and says "We could be on wild griffin chases all day trying to get more information on our mysterious witch-men. We can investigate the temple but we should crack on with our trek soon before our quarry moves on."
Aug 5, 2015 9:36 pm
"We can take a quick look at the temple if you'd like, but I'm in agreement with Felor. The quicker we get on our way, the better."
Aug 5, 2015 9:46 pm
Leth looked grim. "I agree we need to get on the move soon - I'm just worried that something might have happened to those two women. We are dealing with people who tried to kill us twice, after all." He paused for a moment, then said, "Okay, we'll do a quick search at the temple - ask around, see if anyone's seen them today - then be on our way."
Last edited August 5, 2015 10:20 pm
Aug 7, 2015 7:00 pm
The Temple of Nethuns is the largest and oldest building in the city. Many offices and outbuildings abut the old temple itself, a massive rectangular edifice of grayish-green limestone held up by thick columns even an ogre couldn't wrap his arms around. You aren't exactly sure where to begin your search for information, but there are a number of acolytes tending the temple grounds.
Aug 7, 2015 10:49 pm
Leth approaches the friendliest looking acolyte and says, "Excuse me, I heard there was a symposium here yesterday, and I'm trying to find someone that was here for it, but I'm not sure exactly where it would have been... Do you think you could point me in the right direction?"

Rolls

Investigation (friendly-person-finding?) - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

load next

Thread locked