Chapter One: The Iron Sphere of Sthombo

load previous
Aug 28, 2015 8:59 pm
Felor sees Leth's nod and replies by pointedly looking in a southerly direction.

He turns to the Justicars. "Honourable Justicars, it does not do to betray the cause of justice on the steps of Nethun's own temple. Would you displease this powerful deity, here? In his church? It is said that when he is enraged he causes tremor-"
Cast Thaumaturgy, effect: harmless tremors in the ground for 1 minute, centred on the party

Felor breaks off as the shaking begins and yells "You have angered him!".

Not sure if this is too many actions in one go, but if it's feasible I'd like to shove the nearest guard and make a break for it towards the south. Let me know what checks I need for that.
Last edited August 28, 2015 9:00 pm
Aug 28, 2015 9:05 pm
Let's check Intimidation and Athletics to see how well this comes off
Aug 28, 2015 9:06 pm
is there a way I could assist him to help boost the chances of his checks?
Aug 28, 2015 9:12 pm
You can participate in the shoving (Athletics)
Aug 28, 2015 9:37 pm
Feeling the ground shaking beneath him, Vad "falls" towards one of the guards.

Not actively trying to push him, just getting into position for a future action that he may take depending on how all of this plays out.
Aug 28, 2015 9:49 pm
skill checks

Rolls

Athletics skill check - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Intimidation skill check - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Aug 28, 2015 9:52 pm
As soon as Felor starts making a break for it, Leth turns and follows him, also attempting to push through whoever might be in his way (if there is anyone in the way)

Rolls

Athletics? - (1d20+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Aug 28, 2015 10:03 pm
Felor's show of divine power doesn't seem to faze the guards, but a quick pivot and hard shoulder works well enough to shove past the two to your left, who take their eyes off of Felor and Leth as Vad drops theatrically to the steps. You can hop off the edge of the temple steps here; a few yards ahead of you is a 4' garden wall, and past that is a cluster of buildings that house and service the temple workers.
Aug 28, 2015 11:14 pm
Leth will try to get as far away as he can, including getting over the garden wall, if he can.

4 feet isn't that tall; will we need to make an athletics check for that?
Aug 28, 2015 11:21 pm
No, you can get up over that easy enough.
Aug 28, 2015 11:45 pm
I'm guessing Vad is down until the guards react in some way?
Aug 28, 2015 11:50 pm
Do you want to stay down or get up and immediately start running with Leth and Felor?
Aug 28, 2015 11:55 pm
I was trying to create a diversion, if Vad has the opportunity to bail, he too will push his way through and try and catch the others.

Seeing the others make a break, Vad decides that laying on the ground would not be in his best interest. He rises as quickly as possible and attempts to catch up with the others.

Rolls

Athletics [+1] - (1d20+1)

(16) + 1 = 17

Aug 29, 2015 10:54 am
Felor barrels through the nearest guards and heads towards the low wall, vaulting it before making his way towards the cluster of houses.
Aug 31, 2015 3:57 pm
The justiciars and guards immediately take off in pursuit.

The party is running through the grounds of the Old Temple complex. Continuing straight ahead will take you into an upscale residential area, past that are the more densely-packed homes of the middle and lower classes and beyond that, the harbor area. Veering right and leaving the temple grounds will take you to a mercantile district, and to the left you would be headed towards the Tetrarchs' palace and various other civic buildings. Felor is in the lead, followed by Leth, with Vad trailing.
Aug 31, 2015 6:09 pm
Emphasis on "rough"

(The directions above are based on the assumption that you're taking off in a southeasterly direction towards the garden wall)

http://imgur.com/k6QrxYu.jpg
Aug 31, 2015 6:23 pm
If we just want to get to the Ophid as soon as possible, what's the best route to take? Is the harbor a dead end at the ocean? I'd assume we'd want to head south, if possible, but I don't know if there's a way out of the city that way
Aug 31, 2015 7:45 pm
Your main problem is that the city is walled; there's no public exit that won't have guards stationed around it. For analysis of possible departure options, please give me an Insight check (any of you).
Aug 31, 2015 7:47 pm
rocksteady and Spruce, please give me a shout if you're reading this!
load next

Thread locked