Chapter One: The Iron Sphere of Sthombo

load previous
Apr 13, 2015 6:54 pm
Leth glances around, and not seeing anyone, waves the rest of the group inside. "Doesn't look like there's anyone here- not any more, at least. Or maybe not yet."

How recently are we talking, here? Does it look like the digging was done when the justiciars did their search through the village, or does it look like it happened today?
Last edited April 13, 2015 9:30 pm
Apr 13, 2015 6:58 pm
thedandyman says:
How recently are we talking, here? Does it look like the digging was done when the justiciars did their search through the village, or does it look like it happened today?
Somebody give me a Nature skill check.
Apr 13, 2015 7:08 pm
Felor examines the excavations.

Rolls

Nature skill check - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

Apr 13, 2015 7:35 pm
Given the state of the overturned dirt and the way it's been raining this week, you'd guess these excavations were made about two or three days ago.
Apr 13, 2015 9:33 pm
Leth casts his gaze around the building, looking for any clues that would give him insight into this ever-growing mystery.
Last edited April 13, 2015 9:37 pm

Rolls

Perception Check (right?) - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Apr 13, 2015 9:49 pm
"I'm going to take a look around outside", Vad announces as he leaves the building and starts poking around the perimeter of the building.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Apr 14, 2015 5:17 am
Carillion will move impatiently from one foot to another, appearing very uncomfortable. Every once in awhile he will look at Tzipporah as if he expects something.
Apr 14, 2015 6:05 am
Those are not fruit-bearing Perception rolls. How long will the party wait to see if anyone shows up?
Apr 14, 2015 10:21 am
Tzipporah followed the others into the ruined building. She sniffed at the stale air, and casually watched the dust motes drift through the beams of light that stabbed down from the collapsed ceiling. She began to doubt her decision to end their captive's life. What if they found nothing here. A dead end.
She nodded to Vad as he left the ruins. "Keep your wits about you good friend."
Noticing Carillion's nervous glances Tzipporah began to look around more closely. "Fear not good Carillion, we will find something here. I feel it in my bones." By the gods she hoped they would find something...

ugh what a roll. :(
Last edited April 14, 2015 10:22 am

Rolls

Investgation check - (1d20+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Apr 14, 2015 4:05 pm
It's late afternoon. Sunset will come in an hour or so, not that you can see it through the heavy rainclouds.
Apr 14, 2015 4:27 pm
I say we wait to see if anyone turns up before nightfall, and if not camp here for the night
Apr 14, 2015 6:39 pm
As the party picks around the house and doesn't find anything of interest, Leth sighs and faces everyone.

"So... what do we do? Hide out here and get the jump on the liaison, if he shows up? Or hurry on to Banwood?"

Yeesh these rolls are awful... anyone else care to give it a shot? So far only three of us have tried
Apr 14, 2015 7:47 pm
Felor pokes around the excavations a bit, looking at the the way the rain had softened the exposed earth, and the tracks that have since run over the excavated soil.
"Hrm, I'd say these holes are a couple days old."
He continues to examine inside the longhouse to see if there's any other clues indicating what the diggers had been up to, who they were, or if there was any sign that they were coming back.

Rolls

Investigation check - (1d20+1)

(3) + 1 = 4

Apr 14, 2015 7:48 pm
We are the worst detectives.
Apr 14, 2015 7:50 pm
I need another Nature skill check!
Apr 14, 2015 8:06 pm
Can I give another one or do you need someone else?
Apr 14, 2015 8:09 pm
Yes, this is a new check, you can roll again.
Apr 14, 2015 8:10 pm
The excavations yielding no more information, Felor turns his attention to the flora and fauna in and around the longhouse. Was anything out of place or unusual? Were there any clues here?

Rolls

Nature skill check - (1d20+3)

(13) + 3 = 16

Apr 14, 2015 8:16 pm
While conducting his examinations of the moss and grubs, Felor hears the cry of a bird some short distance to the west. A moment later, he pauses. That was a shorebird's cry, not one likely to be heard in a wooded inland area like this.

+10 XP to Felor for solid ornithological acumen
load next

Thread locked