Chapter One: The Iron Sphere of Sthombo

load previous
May 2, 2015 3:05 am
Frekki moves out of the ruin with Tzipporah, looking at the man on his knees and her companions around him. She couldn't figure why they were even giving him the chance to make any bold claims, but decided not to make things worse. Magic was... terrifying to her. It wasn't worth finding out what a trapped mage could do. "Let's make a deal?" She asks, in an attempt at talking with her companions more than trying to bargain with their prisoner.
May 2, 2015 3:40 am
Leth cursed as his arrow went wide, allowing the second man to escape. He looked back at the downed attacker, visibly angry. As the man started threatening them, Leth yelled loudly and angrily, slammed the arrow in his hand straight into the side of the nearest tree, and turned his full body towards the man.

"No. That's not how this works." He said, through clenched teeth.
"My patience is gone. I've seen a lot of death today - one of whom was a close friend. I'm in no mood for your games and bold claims. We took down your hired men with laughable ease. I've put you on the ground with a single arrow. If you seriously think whatever sparkly magic you're about to use is going to do us any lasting damage, you are severely mistaken." He growled.

"Let ME tell YOU what's going to happen. You are going to tell us what EXACTLY we want to know, with no hesitation and no exceptions. If you don't, I will put another arrow through your throat-" here he drew an arrow and put it in his bowstring - "and I will track down your fleeing friend and find whoever it is you're working for. We'll get what we want to know one way or another. You just get to decide whether you live through it or not. And you have to decide now."

He drew back the arrow and snarled, "Any questions?"

Going really strong for that intimidation hahaha Leth ain't fooling around this time tho
Last edited May 2, 2015 6:19 am

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20+1)

(11) + 1 = 12

May 2, 2015 3:50 am
Vad, concentrating on holding his spell, is now eager to let his missiles fly. If the wounded man doesn't respond to Leth in a positive manner, all three darts will find their mark.
May 2, 2015 7:31 pm
The wounded man holds very still for a long moment, breathing slowly. Abruptly, the mist around his hand vanishes all at once. His eyes flick to each of you in turn. "So be it," he says. "I choose death."
May 3, 2015 12:38 am
"Fine by me." Leth said coldly as he aimed at the man. "You know, you're the second person to make that same choice today. Sad how no one seems to hold any regard for their own life any more."

He turned his head over his shoulder to look at the others. "Any objections?" He asked in complete sincerity. He genuinely seemed as though he would kill this man if no one else had anything left to say.
May 3, 2015 7:41 am
"Aye, this might be the last lead we have left."
May 3, 2015 8:49 pm
The man raises an eyebrow. "Lead?"
May 3, 2015 9:51 pm
"As to who was trying to have us killed, and why," Felor continues.
May 4, 2015 12:32 am
"We have a lot of unanswered questions, really. Like what really happened to the Iron Sphere? Was Edvers really involved? If not, why was he framed? If so, why did he do it? Where is it now? Why is someone interested in killing us, just the six people who carried the body? What makes us important?"

Leth shrugged.

"But your friend escaped us," He said to the man, "And if we can track him, he might just lead us back to someone who can give us the answers we're looking for, if you can't."

He looked back over to Felor. "Did you have something else in mind...?"
Last edited May 4, 2015 12:49 am
May 4, 2015 1:02 am
"The running coward has no answers for you," the man says. "And I? I have only questions as well." He looks you all over, his gaze seeming to linger on Carillion and Felor.
May 5, 2015 6:40 am
"Like what?" Leth asked, bow and arrow still aimed at the man.
May 5, 2015 2:34 pm
Felor remains tense, shield raised and spear poised to attack should the man change his mind about surrendering, but the way the man casually wields magic nags at his thoughts. Weren't magic-users supposed to be few and far-between on this isle? Had he also travelled from mainland?

History check on the man's accent.

Rolls

History skill check - (1d20+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

May 5, 2015 3:54 pm
The man favors you with a toothy, unsavory smile, still shifting his stare between Carillion and Felor. "There was a rumor in the circles I travel in that the two Jermals who used to live on Kells' estate might know where he hid the Sphere. Or, failing that, where Zora Kells has run off to." His eyes dart over to Leth. "But perhaps they are as much in the dark as the rest of us."

The man's accent doesn't mark him as a non-native, but Felor can't quite narrow it down to any specific region of Bload.
May 5, 2015 10:22 pm
Vad flinches upon hearing the man mention Zora. "And what would these rumors have to say about where Zora has run off to?"
May 6, 2015 2:01 am
"Well, nobody really knows, do they? But when the Kells girl and the Sphere go missing at the same time, we make certain assumptions, don't we?" He nods at Leth's bow. "I am ready. Let's not draw this out."
May 6, 2015 7:42 am
Felor looks at Leth. "As much as I want to skewer this fellow's throat, if we kill him then it's just going to make all the other treasurer hunters think we know more than we do. If we let him go it might help end the rumours we know where that accursed sphere is."
May 6, 2015 8:17 am
Leth knew this exchange was fast coming to a close, but could not shake the nagging sense of failure, like all their efforts had been grasping at straws. They had so little to go on, even after taking two men captive. And Felor had made a good point. He dared to ask one more question before finally deciding what to do with the man.
BullOctorok says:
"There was a rumor in the circles I travel in that the two Jermals who used to live on Kells' estate might know where he hid the Sphere. Or, failing that, where Zora Kells has run off to."
"Is that why you were sent to capture us? To learn the location of the Sphere? Because if that's the case, I can assure you, you seem to have more knowledge of its whereabouts than we do." More than anything, Leth just wanted to know why they were being hunted down.
Last edited May 6, 2015 8:18 am
May 6, 2015 4:28 pm
He man lets out a little derisive snort at the mention of "treasure hunters."

"The Sphere is what is sought after, yes. There is little chance Kells hid it without help. You will, I'm afraid, be pursued until it can be verified with an absolute certainty that you know nothing. Whether I live or die, that will not change."
May 6, 2015 5:36 pm
"He really seems determined to die, doesn't he?" Felor says in resignation, mostly to himself.
load next

Thread locked