Chapter One: The Iron Sphere of Sthombo

load previous
May 12, 2015 9:39 pm
"I've stayed in worse places" Vad says as he motions towards the house. "I'm going to see what I can do to dispose of our friend here." Vad grabs the dead man by the ankles and drags him into some thick brush and then spends a some time making sure that he is good and hidden.

"Where could Zora have run off to??"

I'll have Vad make an insight check as well to see if he can think of anything that Zora may have told him in the past that might help with the current situation. Seeing as how he spent some time with her teaching her some tricks...

I'm good with the group split up as well in order to move things along a bit.

Rolls

Insight (if needed, or useful) - (1d20)

(3) = 3

May 13, 2015 4:09 pm
Vad draws a blank. For Felor, there's only one thing that comes to mind regarding Zora's possible whereabouts, and it's quite a longshot.

He recalls, when he first met her, Zora had a girlish crush on one of her father's adventurer friends who had visited not long before he first arrived. He can't remember the man's name, but he remembers how Zora would talk about following him home to Ogrespate someday. At the time, Felor had no idea where Ogrespate was, and still doesn't.
May 13, 2015 9:57 pm
At first, Leth was against the idea of a fire. It could very easily draw unwanted attention, now that they knew they were being hunted. But his wet clothes and the growing nip in the air as night approached changed his mind; they didn't want to get sick in their sleep. So he began helping Felor look for wood that was dry enough to use in a fire.

As far as staying the night goes, Leth does have a bedroll in his explorer's kit, unless "none of you thought to bring camping supplies" means he would have left all that behind in Sthombo?
Last edited May 13, 2015 9:57 pm
May 13, 2015 10:15 pm
Right, you didn't bring bedrolls, tents, provisions, etc.
May 13, 2015 10:19 pm
Hmm so we'll have to go back to Sthombo to retrieve our stuff, then.
May 14, 2015 7:20 am
Hm, yeah I guess so. Not sure there's any more leads out here anyway. What time would it be when we arrive back in Sthombo?
May 14, 2015 7:24 am
Well I was assuming we were staying here for the night and would go back for our stuff the next day, but I suppose if Sthombo isn't that far away, we could just take the extra hour or so to go back to the city and not worry about foraging around for stuff tonight.
Last edited May 14, 2015 7:25 am
May 14, 2015 12:43 pm
Yeah I'd say head back if it's only an hour or two, but if it would take all night then camp out here.
May 14, 2015 12:52 pm
Agreed. If we're close let's just head on back now.
Last edited May 14, 2015 9:35 pm
May 14, 2015 3:43 pm
It isn't far, but you'll be walking in the dark, and it may well be late enough that the city guard won't open the gates for you.
May 15, 2015 2:07 am
I guess we'll be staying the night, then.

"I guess we'll be staying the night, then?" Leth asks as he drops a pile of firewood at Felor's feet. "We'll have to keep watch during the night. Alternating shifts and all that. Especially if we're gonna be building a fire." He took off his cloak and started to wring it out. "Which it looks like we're gonna need." He said, eyeing the water that began dripping from the wet garment in his hands.
Last edited May 15, 2015 2:07 am
May 15, 2015 2:22 am
"I'll be happy to take the first watch", Vad says as he shakes some of the rain from his coat. He draws his dagger and begins flipping it around in his right hand at ever increasing speeds. "I've got to release some of this energy before I can sleep anyway."
May 15, 2015 8:46 pm
Starting a fire is going to be quite a challenge, there's not much dry tinder around in this weather. You're not going to freeze to death, though.
May 18, 2015 3:57 am
Leth looks skeptically at the pile of wood they had gathered. They'd tried to get as much dry stuff as possible, but, well... It wasn't exactly easy. Trying to get a fire going would be difficult.

"Before I spend the next hour trying to get this soggy pile lit... I don't suppose any of you have some sort of magical fire powers that could do it an easier way?" He asked whimsically.
May 18, 2015 4:04 pm
Vad's Prestidigitation cantrip can easily produce a flame; keeping it lit will be the challenge.
May 18, 2015 11:05 pm
Vad, ever willing to release some of his pent up energy, walks over to the pile of wood and opens his hand. Flame shoots forward and the wood ignites briefly before smoldering out.

"Well, I tried. I'm going to sack out in the corner over there. Might as well get a bit of sleep before the sun comes up."
May 18, 2015 11:20 pm
"I guess I'll take first watch then." Leth said with sigh. "I can at least try to keep a fire going for a little while. Who'll take next watch? And how long should I stay up before waking them?"
May 18, 2015 11:25 pm
"Wake me in a few hours and I'll take over."
May 19, 2015 12:42 am
"Sounds good." Leth said, and he set about trying to get the fire going.

Would that be a survival check?
May 19, 2015 9:26 pm
It's basically impossible, the tinder you have on hand is soaked and rain is still coming down.

While Leth fusses over the non-existent fire, Vad attempts to find some rest in a partly-sheltered corner of the ruins. Sleep does not come. After about an hour, the rain lightens to a gentle mist, and Vad begins to wonder if he might not drift off after all. Everybody make a Perception check.
load next

Thread locked