Looking For Numenera, Star Wars, Fate

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Feb 23, 2017 4:45 pm
Character Creation can be found through YouTube videos. Your career might have additional specialization in a splat book that's already out as well. I sat down with the book and a character sheet and went through section by section for 'grock' it myself.

Interpretation of the dice will not always be the same for the same roll. GMs may change it up, as well as the player.
Jumping over a wall might be a simple task. GM calls for an easy Athletics check, character might propose coordination (GM makes the call if that's kosher). Do they get a boost up from another character? Do you have climbing gear on for some reason? Is this really important you're on the otherside so you flip a destiny point from the pool. Once the pool of dice is established you roll and GMs usually interpret things since the results aren't analogue they aren't always the same.

You can get over the wall no problem, you could get over the wall and 'tweaked' your leg on the way down, someone notices you on the other side thinking you're up to no good and draws attention to you. You could run into the wall having tripped on the way up and notice from the ground a few pallets you can stack to get over easier, or you run into the wall and hear a beast growling behind you when you realize smaller off spring off to your side and you're up for an alleyway scrap. That's not even all the possibilities since it's not a pass/fail system.
Feb 23, 2017 5:15 pm
Godric says:
@Friar_Tuk: I'm in! I started reading the (nearly 100 pages of) character creation in the EotE book, and thought—I need someone to walk me through this. I don't need a lengthy campaign, just need to understand character creation, run through some encounters and see how to interpret the myriad dice combinations.
Here's a community created program that helps a lot.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/89135-another-character-generator/
Feb 23, 2017 5:19 pm
@Godric I'll happily teach the basics. Its a very fun system, one of my favorites. A winning combination of crunch and narrative gameplay. The dice influence narrative, but don't run it. Players have a lot of room to influence narrative and environment. Lends itself well to an improvisational GM.

@Remnant has the gist there; he knows his business as a player in this system for sure!

I'll start a new thread for folks to jump in if they are interested. It would be cool to get all beginners.
Last edited February 23, 2017 5:19 pm
Feb 24, 2017 3:00 am
I spun up a Numenera game (Season 1 of the OP) if anyone wants to jump in.

http://gamersplane.com/games/586/

You do not have permission to post in this thread.