Scene 1- The Mindbender's Hut

load previous
May 9, 2015 6:14 am
"My, my, two visitors in one day! Calm down Coco. We'll get everyone sorted shortly. Would'n'ya please find a perch elsewhere? Your flapping an flutter'n is just making things worse."
May 9, 2015 6:22 am
"What was that, Marta? Sarah gasps at hearing the old woman speak. She goes over to her chair as the former Mindbender and healer raises an arm and points at a window. In the ledge out side sits a raven. The animal is clearly watching what happens inside the hut. Odd behavior indeed. Sarah walks over to the window and carefully opens it to give the raven access.
May 9, 2015 6:47 am
Coco bites Sarah's ear, but not too hard and takes off to walk up and down the table again
May 10, 2015 4:04 pm
All the wards & defenses placed on the hut, particularly the door, intrigue Diginus so much that his curiosity gets the better of him. He teleports himself to just outside the door to get a better look but is immediately greeted by the sight of the strange gem-creature (whose back is towards him) preparing for battle.

"Oh!" Diginus gasps, and one of the pewter plates strewn about on the table immediately flies to him and he holds it defensively before him like a shield. Taking in the rest of the room, he doesn't quite know what to do.

OOC: I might have needed to roll for some of that action. Please let me know if that is the case :-)
May 10, 2015 4:43 pm
((@Jabes-Unless you want to make the "Plate for a Shield" (or something along those lines) a temporary aspect, no roll required. If you do then choose an approach and make a roll. Manipulating metal is one of your Magic traits and right now you aren't affecting anything more than the "flavor" of the scene.))
May 10, 2015 4:50 pm
OOC: My intention was just flavor but just so I can get some practice making rolls...
Last edited May 10, 2015 4:50 pm

Rolls

Quickly (+2) snatching a metal plate to use as a shield.

2 Positive, 0 Blank, 2 Negative - Total: +0

May 15, 2015 11:40 pm
"My aren't we blessed to have so many visitors today. I invite you in as long as you promise to behave. But what could be bringing such strange creatures as these here, do'ya think Marta?"

The old woman just sits and stares out her window as if she doesn't realize there is anyone else in the room. Sarah sets a footstool out in a clear spot not far from the door and begins to set a cup of cream for each of the new arrivals down. Quickly she realizes the creature of stone and the creature of metal may not like cream. Then she looks at the raven, again, unsure of what to do. She waits suspended for a moment then just finishes her original action and sits down at the kitchen table to see what happens.
May 16, 2015 12:53 am
With a belly full of cream, the feral faun stalks over until he is in the sight of the old woman. He pulls out a small set of pipes, and plays a few dischordant notes. "Tell us, nearly dead one, what is the power here. It draws us, and we must know." He begins to play a small haunting lullaby, rising and falling with the notes in a mockery of the notes. As the lullaby plays on, he begins to play faster and faster, dancing freely as he plays, evoking the hidden freedom of the forest, and smiles at the old woman and her servant girl, charming them with his antics.

Rolls

Charm the Innocent with Music (Flashy +1)

2 Positive, 2 Blank, 0 Negative - Total: +2

May 16, 2015 6:34 am
Fenwick plays his haunting tune and capers about, his hooves adding a drum beat of rhythm to the song. Sarah sways back and forth to the music, clearly the spell has taken hold. Marta however remains unmoved. The music and it's magic don't seem to touch her at all. Marta simply stares out the window. Over head, a shape passes between the sun and the ground. Its probably a cloud, but Marta's expresion changes to one of fear while the cloud makes the sky darken. After it passes her exprsion retturns to normal.
May 17, 2015 4:09 pm
Diginus notices the shadow pass as well. But if it was a weather disturbance or a cloud, he would have known it. Was it something else perhaps? As he is still standing in the doorway he looks over his shoulder and scans the skies.

Rolls

Carefully (+3) scanning the skies for what it was that passed.

1 Positive, 1 Blank, 2 Negative - Total: -1

May 17, 2015 5:37 pm
Diginus is indeed correct. Had it been a cloud, he would sense it. The white cotton looking puffs in the sky however are moving slowly. There is no way it was a cloud. But the nature of the disturbance eludes his search. Diginus does however take not if the fact that the woods surrounding the hut have become very quiet. Almost to quiet?
May 18, 2015 7:12 am
"DRAGON?!?"

Coco takes off through the window and does a quick circle around the house.

Rolls

Cleverly (+4) going for a higher vantage point to look around

May 18, 2015 10:28 am
Diginus had just been about to warn everyone that something was amiss when the big white bird spoke and flew out the window. "Dragon," it had said. Thoughts of hope and confusion swirled inside Diginus' head: "Could it be? My master...but he's dead!...and he's not a dragon anymore...but..." Still carrying the pewter plate he steps out the door, his gaze following the circling cockatoo. He looks up at the rooftop and teleports up there and carefully scans the skies again, in all directions this time.

Rolls

Carefully (+3) scanning the skies.

May 18, 2015 2:32 pm
((Coco and Diginus rush to find out what made the disturbing shadow, but the unknown creature is faster than they are. All they are able to determine is that the creature went to ground South of the hut, well away from the wards that protect the hut. There is a comotuon as several wild birds flee to the sky, and moments later a group of deer and several families of hare bound into and through the clearing. A sound, like a roar from several predatory beasts trying to call in chorus, fills the air. Coco and Teasel have a flash of unexplained dread wash over them, but it fades quickly. Diginus, Torbern and Finwick have an unexplainable deja vu. The roar envokes some half remembered dream in all of the familiars. Inside the hut Sarah drops a tea cup she was about to wash, the dregs splash on the floor. Marta let's out a whimper and a moan.))
May 18, 2015 2:34 pm
"Brother....noooo..." the old witch whispers.
May 18, 2015 4:19 pm
Diginus is unable to resist tweaking the weather vane on the roof a tiny bit (the pivot is slightly rusted, and so the vane is off by a few degrees). He spends half a moment on the minor adjustment and lets it go at that, however, as he senses that something of import is happening around the hut. He teleports back into the house and addressing Sarah, who seems to be in charge here, and Fenwick & Torbern, the only creatures he is certain possess magic, he says, "Pardon me, but something seems to be happening. Please forgive my lack of manners...I have not introduced myself...but it seems we haven't time for manners just now."
May 18, 2015 4:43 pm
Fenwick, having darted under Marta's chair at the word "Dragon", peeks out from underneath. "I am Fenwick, that is Torbern," he says, pointing exaggeratedly at himself and then at the gem construct. He puts away his pipes and crawls onto the arm of Marta's chair and peers into her eyes. "This one is speakings of brother." He turns and faces the door, and crouches aggressively.
May 18, 2015 5:17 pm
Fenwick intrigues Diginus the most, as it the fawn who had used magic on the door. Was it perhaps this one who had left the trail of magic that he had followed? "I am Diginus," he says , studying the fawn. At length he turns his attention to the old crone.
Last edited May 18, 2015 5:18 pm
May 18, 2015 6:53 pm
Torbern struggles to take in all that has happened in just a few moments. Five odd creatures had gathered at this hut, and each had shown to be more than they appear. The young human certainly hadn't been the one to summon them and the old one seemed disconnected from this realm. Now something had passed overhead, perhaps something else drawn to whatever magic had lured these little creatures here. Or, perhaps, it was what had lured them here. Its roar is eerily remembered and yet Torbern is certain he has never heard anything like it before. He begins to pace the room to gain a better understanding of his surroundings, all the while being careful to keep up the arcane charge in case whatever is outside decides to pay a closer visit. As Fenwick gestures in Torberns direction and states his name he gives a quick salute to the odd construct that had followed him through the door. This Diginus has shown itself to wield impressive magic but was fortunately not an aggressor. Torbern then looks to the windows to see what has become of the two birds.
Last edited May 18, 2015 7:00 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.