Chapter Two: Dragon Hatchery

load previous
Jun 5, 2017 4:29 pm
Bughu lets the fleeing berserker go and fires a couple of bolts at the one that's still standing. He takes the man in the neck, sending him to the floor.

Erich wastes no time in rushing up to Mryio and works frantically, stabilizing the paladin.
OOC:
Combat over
Jun 5, 2017 5:15 pm
Bughu holsters his hand crossbow and picks up his scimitar, sheathing it at his hip. He retrieves his longbow and nocks an arrow, heads over to Erich, then covers the entrances to the chamber in case the sounds of battle or the fleeing berserker has attracted any attention.
Jun 6, 2017 5:59 pm
Jon leans against the wall, wiping his sword clean, his head full of thoughts that he'd rather weren't there. This business of killing men and near-men touches different places in the soul than slaying monsters.
Jun 7, 2017 7:39 pm
An eerie silence settles over the room. The battle was quite loud, but you hear nothing from anywhere in the cavern complex, like the whole place is in anticipation of what's going to happen next.

There is a set of stairs leading down to the east, the passage you came from to the north, and a dark alcove in the southern part of the chamber.
Jun 7, 2017 7:40 pm
Bughu looks around the chamber. "Can he be moved?" he whispers, referring to Myrio. "We may have to get out of here."

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(20) + 3 = 23

Jun 7, 2017 7:43 pm
Bughu looks and listens, but doesn't notice anything at first. Then he hears a slight scuff of a moving foot from the room at the bottom of the stairs to your east. There's something or someone down there.

Jon's egg-locator gives him the impression that the egg is very close by, likely in an adjacent room.
Jun 7, 2017 7:58 pm
Bughu silently indicates the eastern stairs, trying to warn everyone of the nearby presence. With his longbow leading the way, he tries to silently pad over to the stairs to inspect what's below.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(15) + 5 = 20

Jun 7, 2017 8:11 pm
Bughu heads into the next room, moving like a shadow down the stairs. The chamber that opens at the bottom of the stairs is immense. A wide ledge runs along the left wall and drops away to a pit on the right. Many stalactites descend from the ceiling, and the sound of dripping water echoes continuously.

There is a set of wooden stairs leading down to the lower level, enclosed by a metal cage with a door at the bottom. Directly across from the stairs on the upper level a key dangles off of a hook in the wall. At the opposite end of the chamber, there is a darkened area.

http://i.imgur.com/UUVy7l5.png
Jun 9, 2017 5:14 pm
Bughu remains by the base of the stairs, trying to stick near the wall. He looks out over the chamber, straining to see any further movement that might indicate someone's presence.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(14) + 3 = 17

Jun 10, 2017 9:53 pm
From where Bughu stands, he can't see any sign of danger. It is dark in the room, but he thinks he sees a glint of some sort of blue gem from the lower level of the chamber.
Jun 12, 2017 1:02 pm
OOC:
Mryio was stabalized, correct? If so, do you roll for the hours of consciousness or do I?
Jun 12, 2017 1:22 pm
Erich looks Myrio over, trying to figure out a reasonable answer to Bughu's question. Just as he lifts his head to reply, he sees the man has moved on, surveying the next location. Not sure how we're going to deal with this one while we traipse about trying to get this egg. he thinks to himself as he stands up.

Stretching, he awaits Bughu's return so they can proceed.
Jun 12, 2017 1:29 pm
HypCo says:
OOC:
Mryio was stabalized, correct? If so, do you roll for the hours of consciousness or do I?
OOC:
I already rolled it, just didn't provide the info since you won't technically know. It'll be one hour :)
Jun 12, 2017 4:32 pm
Jon tries to peer into the darkened recess ahead, from a safe distance.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+1)

(14) + 1 = 15

Jun 12, 2017 5:32 pm
Jon is unable to see anything more that Bughu could. Both of them are hindered by their lack of nightvision capabilities.
Jun 12, 2017 6:44 pm
Bughu decides to retreat. He heads back up the stairs, pausing a glance at Jon to silently signal his return to Erich and Myrio.

"There was something moving down there," says Bughu. "Too dark to see inside, but I don't like it. If they were part of this cult, they're probably waiting to ambush us. I'd rather not take the chance with Sleeping Beauty here. We should find a place to hide while we wait for him to wake up."
OOC:
We can try heading back outside and finding somewhere to lay low.
Jun 15, 2017 12:22 am
OOC:
What's your plan at this point?
Jun 15, 2017 12:32 am
OOC:
Bughu suggests finding somewhere to hide. Lugging around an unconscious body is not viable right now, so it's better to retreat.
Jun 15, 2017 12:42 pm
Hiding sounds good, at least until Myrio can move on his own. We could move him, but I'm not sure the lasting damage it could cause. Erich says quietly.
load next

Thread locked