A Time for Harvest Gameplay - Chapter Three

load previous
Sep 3, 2017 12:33 am
Clive looks around. All due respect Mr. Abelard, but knowledge is power here. I want to know as much as I can about The Enemy. Have you all found any weaknesses to these Mi-Go?
Sep 3, 2017 12:49 am
Mathis pulls out his drawn map of cobbs corner. "this area is the region of the zoogs. They appear to be mildly dangerous in groups but hold the mi-go at bay. The men of leng appear to hunt this area for them however. There are other creatures in that region as well. The mi-go prefer to hunt at night in the mountains there. They can fly and snatch you into the air and disappear with you.I am fairly certain they have the sheriff and his deputies brains replaced. I'm glad to go back. I owe those fucks a beating. As a matter of fact add a couple trench knives to my list. And a 1897 Winchester trench gun. I have some human pests to deal with."
Last edited March 9, 2018 8:29 pm
Sep 3, 2017 2:29 am
Evie walks over to Dr. Matherson and asks quietly, "I'm sorry to bother you, but would it be alright if I also called on you occasionally in the next few weeks? I find myself wholly out of my depth."
Sep 3, 2017 2:59 am
William remains quiet. He is intimidated at the many new faces and the is sure he is out of his depth. He wonders if anyone would question what his role might be. Maybe if I am not noticed I will still be allowed to come along.
Sep 3, 2017 9:28 am
kjsmith says:
Clive looks around. All due respect Mr. Abelard, but knowledge is power here. I want to know as much as I can about The Enemy. Have you all found any weaknesses to these Mi-Go?
"I understand your concerns, Mr Woolfe, but you have two weeks to learn what you need to know. As for weaknesses, with the armaments we're sending along, there'll be no need to worry about weaknesses."
Sep 3, 2017 9:35 am
Kaosanddoom says:
Mathis pulls out his drawn map of cobbs corner. "this area is the region of the zoogs. They appear to be mildly dangerous in groups but hold the mi-go at bay. The men of leng appear to hunt this area for them however. There are other creatures in that region as well. The mi-go prefer to hunt at night in the mountains there. They cab fly and snatch you into the air and disappear with you.I am fairly certain they have the sheriff and his deputies brains replaced. I'm glad to go back. I owe those fucks a beating. As a matter of fact add a couple trench knives to my list. And a 1897 Winchester trench gun. I have some human pests to deal with."
Abelard and his companions show no surprise at this mention of other critters, "I sent a team to follow up on your movements and they cleaned up all evidence of your encounters in the woods. However, this trip will be discrete. We do not intend to draw attention to the team so you will not engage violently with any humans in the town. If there are agents, let them come to you and the team will deal with them."
Sep 3, 2017 9:35 am
weirdasspoison says:
Evie walks over to Dr. Matherson and asks quietly, "I'm sorry to bother you, but would it be alright if I also called on you occasionally in the next few weeks? I find myself wholly out of my depth."
Sarah nods at Evie then returns to the discussion around the table.
Sep 3, 2017 9:38 am
"I will remain at the farmhouse to maintain a regular schedule of making radio contact with the second FOC team. I'll be transmitting once in the morning, late afternoon and in the evening to pass on information and ensure all is well."
Sep 3, 2017 9:41 am
"At night, everyone will regroup at the farmhouse and compare findings and review any evidence found. For the protection of the group, Morrison will spend most of the first day setting up alarms and traps around the farmhouse. In addition, one member of the team should always remain awake and on watch. I would suggest Nekkler and Morrison and two others share the responsibility."
Sep 3, 2017 3:35 pm
"I'll take a shift. The dreams keep me from sleeping to much up there anyway."
Sep 3, 2017 7:13 pm
"As for ordinance, for your protection, we'll have 6 British Lee-Enfield Mk3 .303 rifles with 600 rounds, four Colt Model 1917 .45 revolvers, two Thompson M1921 submachine guns with 800 rounds and a case of 24 hand grenades. Anything else you need can be arranged for the trip over the next couple of weeks."
Sep 3, 2017 10:09 pm
Of course I will take a shift, as well. Clive states. Is there a possibility we can get some training with the firearms over these next two weeks?
Sep 3, 2017 10:58 pm
"That would be an excellent use of your time!"
Sep 4, 2017 1:49 am
Lou studies Captain Morrison. Obviously a very capable fighter and leader. Lou has heard that an armed security team would be present. Which makes him wonder what he's even here for. He figures it's to guard these people while the Captain's men go on these "excursions." Lou would be more than a little surprised if those guys don't treat him with condescension the whole trip. It's okay, Lou is accustomed to being underestimated. Happens to security guards everywhere. Almost part of the job. They don't know him. Don't know he's not just some knucklehead, but a person with thoughts and opinions.

For instance, he's more than a little curious about these aliens. Even though he never went to college, Lou is interested in any sort of scientific research and discovery, particularly when it has to do with outer space. He's followed on the paper everything that's been written about Robert Goddard and his speed rockets, and how it might be possible in the future to take a peek at what's out there.

But Lou knows he wasn't assigned to this job to indulge his hobbies. He'll have keep gis eyes and ears open follow orders, and learn what he can from the Captain.
Sep 6, 2017 1:12 pm
Evie refrains from volunteering. She feels a bit guilty, but what would she do? She doesn't know anything about these things, or how to protect herself or others if they come. She perks up a bit at the mention of learning how to use firearms; it's not something she ever thought she'd be excited about, but times being what they are it seems prudent to learn.
Sep 6, 2017 11:13 pm
Abelard calls an end to the meeting and suggests a couple of weeks preparation and recuperation for those that need it.
Sep 6, 2017 11:18 pm
PREPARATION

Given that the group are not permitted to leave the grounds, options for prep are limited to the following. Please each character state what they are doing with their time.

Weapons training (specify weapon type - hand guns, rifles, hand to hand combat

Consulting with Dr MAtheson on the Mi Go

Psychotherapy with Professor Drake

Medical treatment with Dr Matheson

Library study (on whatever you choose)

For ease of gameplay, each of you may choose two of these things to focus on.
Sep 6, 2017 11:24 pm
Knifesedgegames sent a note to jabes.plays.RPG
Sep 6, 2017 11:34 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG sent a note to Knifesedgegames
Lou assists the Captain in conducting the combat trainings.

During his free time he visits the library to read on a wide variety of subjects, including cooking (a personal passion) and the keeping of tortoises as pets (Lou has a pet tortoise which, because he could not bring it with him here, has been left in the care of his neighbor, a bookseller named Karabekian).
Last edited September 6, 2017 11:41 pm
Sep 7, 2017 12:08 am
Clive goes to the range to work on using his rifle...and the rifles provided. He feels his first use of the rifle was very lucky, but does not like to rely on his luck.

He also goes to Dr. Matherson to learn more about the Mi-Go. He figures the more he knows about the enemy, the better he may be able to see them coming...or know how to fight them.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.