A Time for Harvest Gameplay - Chapter Three

load previous
Oct 5, 2017 4:33 pm
William steps forward to the desk sergeant, "Parlez-Vous Anglais? We wish to speak to Detective Julien Degarmo, please?"
Oct 5, 2017 7:06 pm
OOC:
Can I have a Luck roll from Bill please
Oct 5, 2017 7:41 pm
I will lead the other group to the eastern side of town, after I order a large bag of to go sandwiches. Often time the best way to a hobo's heart is through his stomach.
Oct 5, 2017 7:57 pm
Mathis, Lou and Simon

The envelope handed over contains 500 Canadian Dollars. Mathis split it, giving half to the other group. Using some of this money, he orders some sandwiches to go and the three head off to find the homeless Thibault spoke of.

After a little wandering, they encounter a couple of homeless men on a street corner. The men's clothes have seen better days, and their faces are lined and weatherworn. Even from a distance, they don't smell too good either. As you approach they fall quiet and start to walk away.
Oct 5, 2017 8:04 pm
"Hey guys, come back. We were hoping we could trade some fresh food for a little bit of your time."
Oct 5, 2017 8:32 pm
rolling charm against skill 15

Rolls

charm - (1d100)

(9) = 9

Oct 5, 2017 11:42 pm
The men stop in their tracks.

"Food you say?"
Oct 6, 2017 3:12 am
Lou takes the sandwiches from Mathis and starts handing them out, smiling to the homeless men. Of course, this also has the intended effect of shielding Mathis and Simon protectively without being too obvious.
Oct 6, 2017 12:57 pm
Once the sanwiches have been distributed amongst the hobos, mathis will offer them to sit in with his companions and enjoy some conversation. After a few minutes of general chit chat, names, etc, mathis will start to steer the conversation.

"So have you guys heard anything about the murder that happened here?"
Oct 6, 2017 5:25 pm
LUCK

Rolls

Luck - (1d100)

(59) = 59

Oct 6, 2017 8:26 pm
They mutter a few words to each other before taking the sandwiches and sit with you, eating hungrily. They mostly ignore your questions, sometimes answering with a "Non", as they do with Mathis' question.
Oct 6, 2017 8:29 pm
Bill, Clive and Evie

The man says a few words in French then looks you up and down carefully.

"Why?" he asks.
Oct 6, 2017 8:34 pm
"Do you speak english at all gentlemen?"
Oct 6, 2017 8:37 pm
"We speak, how you American's say, Green?"
Oct 6, 2017 8:40 pm
"And you haven't heard any stories at all about a person being killed and found with their brain removed?"
Oct 6, 2017 8:43 pm
The Hobo shrugs, eating his sandwich.
Oct 6, 2017 8:48 pm
"Would you be willing to talk about it if I got you a room for the night so you could sleep in a bed and have a hot shower?"
Oct 6, 2017 9:03 pm
"A few dollars wouldn't go amiss" says the second man, who has said little til now.
Oct 6, 2017 9:08 pm
Mathis carefully reaches into his pack and opens the envelope, keeping it hidden inside his pack. He pulls 10 canadian dollars out for each man.

"How about now?"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.