Chapter 1.0 - Rio Grande City

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
May 21, 2015 3:35 pm
Having taken time to get to know the area well, the good Colonel knows that the Blue Bell does have a fine dining service available, including silver cutlery. Also, after running into your room and back into the hallway, you'll see two more wolf-people exiting another room farther down the hall. They are both also wearing fancy dresses. They see you and begin to run/lope toward you.
May 21, 2015 5:52 pm
A burning sensation spread through Clancy's shoulder after the bite, sending waves of pain down his body. "What sort of demon...!" Clancy spit the words as the creature was felled by his now assumed partners. In the rush of things he had not been able to help Louis recover too well, and now he was unable to stitch himself up... it was going to be a long day for certain.

A couple of the men started to shout orders out. It was strange to hear directions in this time of chaos, but Clancy didn't question them for long. He inspected Louis, unable to stay angry at the mystery of the man in this panic, and yelled, "We ought to listen to him! Do you know anywhere safe?" It was then that he noticed two things: Louis had rope burns on his wrists, and there was gunfire upstairs. Clancy, suddenly a lot more angry, piped up, "What sort of unholy rite did you prepare to summon these creatures?!"
OOC: I will give the other XP to Ultrann36, for that line "Who the heck carries silver bullets?!" Literally made me laugh, could totally see the scene happening in my head. Updated character sheet to reflect XP and Damage. Also, depending on if Clancy sees the creature regenerate, he might try to decapitate it.

Edit: OFF TO A GREAT START FOLKS
Last edited May 21, 2015 5:55 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(4) = 4

May 21, 2015 6:01 pm
"To the kitchen! They got silver knives!"
May 21, 2015 7:50 pm
Not believing what he thought he saw of the healing wounds, AJ figured it just a trick of the mind, likely related to this not-Texas world. Frustrated by his missed shot, AJ looks incredulously at the man shouting about silver. "What the blazes does that matter? Just shoot the beasts!" Still, he retreated with the others. He wasn't about to be singled out or left alone.
May 21, 2015 10:19 pm
Chaos reigns as Diego takes in the situation. The commotion from upstairs draws his attention, "sounds like there may be others in need of assistance", and as he turns to run towards the stairs that's when he sees it. The creature on the floor, the creature that should be dead and gone, is starting to heal.

"El Chupacabra!!" he yells as he takes both knives, rushes towards the beast, and plunges them into the creature's neck.

As he's attempting to remove the hairy head he hears someone yelling out orders as if they were some sort of military commander. "If this were the fields of Palo Alto I'd be coming for you next, Gringo!" he murmurs under his breath as he continues his grisly task.
OOC: Going to make my perception roll first and then go back an edit the post accordingly.

HA! I perceived that HELL out that situation!
Last edited May 21, 2015 10:36 pm

Rolls

Perception Roll - (1d20)

(20) = 20

First Attack [Light Weapon - Dual Wield] - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Second Attack [Light Weapon - Dual Wield] - (1d20)

(11) = 11

May 22, 2015 12:00 am
Seeing two more furry she-beasts above, Eli remarks, "I'll treat a lady with a moustache as any other lady, but this is beyond the pale! These things just ain't human!" He fires off his gun yet again, at one of the she-beast above before (attempting to) move towards the kitchen to retrieve some damage-potential silver items, as the Colonel has indicated.

Rolls

Gun again (still asset from the one colleague?) for 5dmg - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Fleet of Foot (Need a 3 factoring in trained in running) - (1d20)

(10) = 10

May 22, 2015 12:22 am
As Louis reaches the bar and goes behind it, clearly looking for something, the well-dressed Derringer wielder from upstairs runs down the stairs with a bag and a rifle. He tears off toward the kitchen, yelling about silverware. Eli fires a round off toward the upstairs balcony while also hurrying to the kitchen. AJ covers them with his rifle while following them.

Clancy watches the Mexican bandito begin expertly sawing the downed wolf-woman's head off with two knives at once. The creature appears to be struggling for life, but transforms into a beautiful, human woman, looks up at Diego with an incredulous look, and then succumbs to her massive wounds, in that order. Her eyes glaze over and a torrent of blood erupts from at least 5 wounds in her body.

Above, two more wolf-women leap over the railing, sailing down toward Clancy and Diego.
Everyone can act before the undoubtedly misunderstood beast-women tear half the party to shreds.
May 22, 2015 12:56 am
A blood covered Diego leaps to his feet as the sight of the decapitated women horrifies him. As he starts to question what in the hell is going on he hears two more creatures above and quickly regains his focus. Looking for options he decides that being behind the bar would at least provide a little protection. As he runs, he sheaths both of his blades and draws his gun. Vaulting the bar, he ducks down behind, aims his weapon, and fires at the left most creature.
OOC: I'm assuming that Diego's "Fast" descriptor provides him the ability to do all of this in a single turn. If that doesn't work, no worries. (I'll just take my character and go home!)
Last edited May 22, 2015 1:19 am

Rolls

Attack Roll [.44 Medium - 5 round left] - (1d20)

(14) = 14

May 22, 2015 11:37 pm
"Mercy, Good Shepherd!" Clancy cried, seeing the beast-- no, woman-- revert before his eyes before fading into a pool of her own blood. Truly, this was demonic possession at work within these women. A snarl crept onto Clancy's face, shrouding the calm demeanor he had been fighting to maintain for the past few minutes. He whispered a short prayer, "Forgive her eternal soul of transgressions, dear Lord... and mine," before letting the rage haze over him.

Clancy was a changed man. Certainly no one knew him from Adam, but if they had known him before the west they would know a violent and ruthless fighter. That Clancy emerged from his cage, taking bold steps to where the demons would land after their leap. "By the name of Jesus of Nazareth," he unsheathed a machete from behind his back, hidden by priestly robes, "and Clancy Winwood," Clancy gritted his teeth before taking the blade in both hands.

"Go back to hell."
OOC: Clancy will equip his machete, move to the were-belles, and swing away like a mad man.

Rolls

Attack Roll (Machete) - (1d20)

(18) = 18

May 25, 2015 4:36 pm
Seeing wolf-woman transform into a woman shocked and confused Eli. But the threat of the two remaining wolf-women to Louis and the others who are here to help Louis was undeniable and had to be addressed. "I just don't git it..." he murmurs, aiming his gun again, at the one about to attack Clancy.

Rolls

Gun again (attack roll, possibly with asset from colleague), piercing - (1d20)

(18) = 18

May 25, 2015 5:23 pm
Covering the group's retreat into the kitchen, AJ takes a shot at the left were-woman before stepping through the doorway, keeping his sights on the creatures.
Using Pierce and Effort (spending 3 points of Speed)

Rolls

Attack - (1d20)

(10) = 10

May 25, 2015 6:34 pm
As the wolf-women leap over the railing, a hail of gunfire focuses on the left-most of the two of them. Diego, running over to the bar nails the left one in the abdomen with a slug from his .44 as it clears the railing [4 damage]. AJ, covering the group, also nails the same square in the chest mid flight [6+1 dmg] with his rifle. Just before they hit the floor, Eli's own handgun blasts the side of its head open [7 dmg = 4+1+2 for rolling an 18]. The femininely clad hell-beast spins backwards from the impacts and lands on its face and shoulder with a sickening crunch barely audible over the ruckus.

Clancy, muttering prayers, pulls a huge knife or sword from over his shoulder and from beneath his garments. He steps in front of the left one, sidesteps as she cartwheels to the floor in a spray of lead and blood, and strikes the second wolf-woman down across the collarbone with the blade as if he were hammering a fence post [7 dmg, 4+1(Brawler)+2 for rolling an 18].

The soldiers, having freed themselves from the wreckage of the faro table, draw their knives and advance cautiously on the rabid animal, fearing the gunfire, the wolf-woman's ferocious bite, but also the wildly swinging blade of the rampaging preacher.

The second wolf-woman, badly wounded and seeing its companion fall to the ground, falls backwards, spinning onto all fours and crashes out the window beside the piano.

The old man by the piano sways involuntarily in out of the monsters way with a drunken fools luck, and takes a sip from his glass of beer, perhaps reacting to the fog of cordite in the saloon irritating his throat.

In the kitchen, Mortimer quickly but precisely checks around for the location of the good silverware. He finds a cabinet near the pantry, with glass doors showing off the fine china dinner service, and below it, several drawers which seem a likely place to keep the fine silver cutlery.

Lastly, from behind the bar counter, Louis pulls an enormous rifle from behind the bar, chambers a large, shining .63 slug into the chamber with a shaking hand, and heads for the door.
May 25, 2015 11:15 pm
Mortimer takes a handfull of knives and dops in a handfull of banknotes. He distributes some of the knives and pockets the rest.
"Ok we seem to have the situation under control now. Lets see if those beasts are really dead. Massive wounds seem to work, too. But lets visit the gunsmith as soon as possible and get some special shiny bullets."
He takes his pistol out and reenters the saloon to survey the situation.

Rolls

Survey the situation (Perception, trained) - (1d20)

(15) = 15

May 26, 2015 7:52 pm
The haze fades. Red cornering his vision recedes back to where ever it originated. Clancy shook his head and rubbed his eyes with his free hand, smearing a smattering a blood across his face. Realizing this, he took a handkerchief from his breast pocket and cleaned himself up-- machete included-- before addressing the room. "This is certainly a strange day..." he quietly murmured to the room, slowly directing his gaze at Louis. The man was across a counter, brandishing a giant rifle. It wasn't too long before he took that gun and left. Clancy, not wanting to get left behind by the man who knew his old name, gave chase.
OOC: Clancy follows Louis out the door. Speed roll included to see how quickly he catches up, if necessary.

Rolls

Speed Roll - (1d20)

(12) = 12

May 26, 2015 9:36 pm
Diego stands up behind the bar, holsters his pistol, and draws one of his blades. As the old man heads for the door, Diego walks slowly towards what he hopes are two very dead wolf-women. Leaning over the decapitated body he looks over the two bodies for anything that might give him a clue as to what is going on.

Rolls

Intellect Roll for checking the bodies. - (1d20)

(6) = 6

May 27, 2015 6:34 am
If nothing interesting happens inside I'll follow outside...
May 28, 2015 12:29 am
Seeing Louis head out with rifle in hand, AJ happily follows the old man. "Two down, one to go." AJ muttered to himself, noting the two dead creatures-turned-women.
May 29, 2015 4:16 am
Louis steps outside, raises his rifle and sights for a spell. He adjusts the rear sight, expels his breath, and fires. The rifle bucks and huge cloud of smoke explodes from the barrel, a sound like thunder rattling the walls of the Blue Bell hotel. Clancy and AJ watch the wolf-beast take the slug in the center of its back, arms splaying to the side and back arching as it is flung forward, landing facedown and sliding a few feet in the early dark of the street. In the glimmer of light from another saloon, the hair retreats from the creature leaving a still woman in the lonely dust.

Inside, the horrific wounds on the second wolf-in-woman's-clothing begin to close, bubbling with its violent convulsions. A bubble of blood forms in the side of its head, and underneath, the bones of the skull can be seen to grow slowly back. The first woman, fully human is also clearly fully dead and not healing.

Diego, keeping back from the clearly healing wolf-woman-hellbeast, spies three items of note on the mostly decapitated woman: an ornate snuff box, a leather bracelet with several inset precious stones, and a small glass bottle with a single orange pill inside. While seemingly ordinary, something about these objects tell him that they are extraordinary.
Diego receives an xp for discovering cyphers.

If Clancy would like to recuperate and heal his depleted might pool, he can attempt a heal check on himself. As previously mentioned, healing works by choosing a number of points to heal, and making an Intellect check against {one less than that number (trained)} times 3. You can only attempt this once per day per target. In addition or alternatively, he can spend a recovery action (one round) and roll recovery (1d6+1).

AJ is also down 4 speed [spent effort on speed checks twice, each costing 2 speed (=3-1 speed edge)] and can make a recovery roll if desired (1d6+1).
May 29, 2015 7:24 am
There is something interesting happening. Mortimer will put one knee on the back of the healing opponent ready to put all his weight on the she-wolf's back to keep it under control. He puts one of the silver knives against its throat.

"Someone's got some rope or shackles? I imagine we have some questions for this one."
May 29, 2015 6:10 pm
While Diego is eager to try and identify the cyphers, he quickly puts them in his pack, while he tries to assist Mortimer. "I'll see what I can find, Gringo" he says as he starts to look about the bar for something to help restrain the wolfette. "If it starts to put up too much of a fight cut its head off."

OOC: I'll give a intellect check for a restraint search, just in case one is needed.
My search-fu is strong!
Last edited May 29, 2015 6:10 pm

Rolls

Searching - (1d20)

(20) = 20

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.