Chapter Three: On the Road

load previous
Sep 1, 2017 3:41 pm
Mryio begins forward, using the lasso pole as a walking stick of sorts, observing the oddity. If it doesn't run off or attack, he opens his senses to the world.
OOC:
Divine Sense; Range 60 feet.
Sep 1, 2017 3:47 pm
The stag seems to be watching the caravan members, but doesn't run. Mryio extends his senses out toward the stag, but doesn't sense anything wrong with it. it turns to face Mryio directly and he can see that it's not merely some dumb animal.
OOC:
Not celestial, undead, or a fiend
Sep 1, 2017 3:55 pm
Mryio stays his distance, not wanting to push his boundaries, and rubs his face while staring back at the stag. He stares for a moment trying to figure out the beast before calling out to it
[ +- ] Elvish
Sep 1, 2017 5:15 pm
"Oy, stay your strings and save your ammo," Bughu advises those with weapons drawn. Seeing that Mryio is addressing the stag, Bughu summons his military discipline and tells a few of the other guards, "Mind our flanks. Let's not get so distracted by the big shiny thing that we forget our charge."
Sep 1, 2017 6:14 pm
Signs and wonders! Jon thinks, getting himself to the best vantage point he can find for a good look at the stag. He tries to remember if he's heard of such a thing before, or what it might portend.

Rolls

Arcana, History, Insight, Religion - (1d20, 1d20, 1d20+1, 1d20)

1d20 : (7) = 7

1d20 : (18) = 18

1d20+1 : (11) + 1 = 12

1d20 : (9) = 9

Sep 5, 2017 1:25 pm
The other guards seem to be ignoring Bughu, though a few roll their eyes at him. Notably, the guards on the cult's wagons don't seem like they intend to leave their cargo behind.

Jon thinks hard, but isn't able to remember ever hearing of something like this.

Mryio speaks to the great creature, which tilts its head to the side as if listening. As it finishes listening, it takes a cautious step forward. Before it can do anything else, an arrow flies out from one of the wagons, slicing through the air and striking the stag right in the flank.

It rears back on its hind legs and slams down, sending small tremors through the ground. It spins and leaps away, disappearing into the forest. There is a trail of blood and a number of the guards jump down and begin to give chase.
Sep 5, 2017 4:31 pm
Bughu remains behind, wary of an ambush. He tries to split his attention between the surrounding area and what the cultists are doing.
Sep 7, 2017 11:41 am
Mryio takes off after the fleeing stag.
Sep 8, 2017 1:10 pm
Erich stands back, watching Myrio take off after the animal. Looking around, he opts to remain here, watching the cultists with a wary eye. His finger twitches near his focus, ready to bring it up at a moment's need.
Sep 8, 2017 2:21 pm
Mryio takes off after the others into the trees, following the trail of the stag. He finds himself following with two others after a couple of people gave up quickly. It turns out that one of them is an expert tracker and you make good time in following it. As you follow the trail, you hear an awful sort of scream from an animal ahead.

Rushing forward, you see that the stag's leg is broken, having been caught in a long-forgotten bear trap. It stares at the three of you and you can tell that it is afraid. The two others smile and get ready to kill it.
Back at the camp, the noise of the pursuit quickly disappears in the distance. The cultists stick with the wagon, using this time to make some small repairs to their wagon or play dice. They chat quietly among themselves about nothing of real importance. Knowing what they are, it almost feels like they're trying too hard to remain out of everyone's notice.
Sep 8, 2017 3:59 pm
"Cease your actions, this is not your common deer, it shows high intelligence and, even after being shot and trapped, shows no sign of being a threat. This is not hunting this is murder and, if you continue your course, I will treat you as such—murderers." Mryio continues his path towards the stag.
Sep 8, 2017 4:26 pm
Bughu sits in the wagon, his crossbow upon his lap. He waits for the others to return and the caravan to resume its march. Whenever he looks at the cultists to see what they're doing, Bughu makes it a point to look at the other wagons and out to their surroundings immediately afterward to give the impression that he's not attempting to single them out.
Sep 8, 2017 5:08 pm
As Mryio makes his way to the stag, he hears a sigh and a thump behind him. Turning around, he sees that the man who was the expert tracker is standing over the sleeping body of the other man. He holds a wand toward you, "No, the pelt is mine," he says with a sad smile, "I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but..." he shrugs and...

Rolls

Mryio Init - (1d20+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Enemy Init - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Sep 8, 2017 5:10 pm
Round One: Enemy
The man, who goes by the name of Devin, utters the command word for his wand and you feel a sudden lethargy wash over you. Your eyes begin to close, but you are barely able to keep your eyes open and shake off the drowsy feeling.

Devin gasps, "Damn!" he curses, and draws a rapier.
OOC:
Mryio turn!
Sep 8, 2017 5:25 pm
"You will get no pelt here, the only thing you'll find down this path is your embarrassment." Mryio readies his pole "I give you one more chance to leave on your own accord before I make you leave, bloodied and full of regret."
OOC:
Casting Bless on myself and the stag.
Last edited September 8, 2017 5:26 pm
Sep 8, 2017 5:55 pm
Round Two: Devin
Devin shakes his head, "Sorry, friend, that money is mine!" he says as he lunges forward. His blade scrapes along Mryio's arm as he stabs at him (Crit vs AC. Damage: 10). Mryio manages to barely avoid being impaled on the blade.
OOC:
Your turn!
Sep 8, 2017 6:10 pm
"Greed... Very well, your path is set." Mryio swings the pole at Devin.

Rolls

Attack/Bless/Damage - (1d20+5, 1d4, 1d8+3)

1d20+5 : (14) + 5 = 19

1d4 : (1) = 1

1d8+3 : (3) + 3 = 6

Sep 9, 2017 2:01 am
Round Two: Mryio
Mryio's pole hits the man in the ribs, but he just shrugs off the minor hit and keeps fighting.

Devin -6 HP
Sep 9, 2017 2:02 am
Round Three: Devin
He curses under his breath, "Just back down and I won't kill you!" he shouts as he stabs again. Mryio is able to avoid the attack with ease.

Devin -6 HP
OOC:
Mryio turn!
Sep 9, 2017 6:57 am
"I do not fear dying for what is right; I will not abandon this creature so you can make an expendable profit." Mryio swings the staff out at the man.

Rolls

Attack/Bless/Damage - (1d20+5, 1d4, 1d8+3)

1d20+5 : (10) + 5 = 15

1d4 : (1) = 1

1d8+3 : (7) + 3 = 10

load next

Thread locked