Chapter Three: On the Road

load previous
Sep 14, 2017 7:41 pm
Mryio accepts the drink, giving Bughu a thankful nod. After taking a sip, he holds it in his lap "Not sure, I saw a unique animal that showed heightened intelligence and wanted to learn from it. After seeing it be shot and pursued, I knew that if I didn't follow this world would of lost a one of a kind creature. In the woods the stag was caught in a bear trap and the two men closed in on it; Devin put the other asleep with a wand. When I told him to change his course, he attempted the magic on me, when that failed he chose to draw iron. I gave him a second chance to rethink his actions which he again ignored. After being bested, he ran off into the woods; I figured he was running back to the caravan, guess not. I don't know...this whole thing reeks of odd." He looks at the cultists cart while he takes a sip of the supplied drink.
OOC:
Probably nothing but can I divine sense on the cultist cart.
HypCo sent a note to Naatkinson
Sep 14, 2017 7:45 pm
OOC:
There's nothing that you detect on the cart
Naatkinson sent a note to HypCo
Sep 14, 2017 8:17 pm
"Nobody seemed to notice that the guy was gone," says Bughu, though he can only determine that based on his own perceptions. "Maybe that's common."
Sep 14, 2017 8:56 pm
"Or perhaps his true colors were revealed and the majority saw this convoy was better off without him; I will not miss the company of someone who would turn on their brethren so easily." Mryio gives his mustache a couple strokes, as if thinking on something, before taking another drink.
Sep 18, 2017 12:07 pm
You see the cultists in a seat over at the corner, sipping drinks and chatting quietly among themselves. After about an hour of them sitting there, a skinny man in overly large clothes and with a wool hat makes his way over to them. You can hear snippets of the conversation, in which he offers them payment in order to ride with their wagon, to which they readily agree. With a smile, the skinny man sits down with them and orders a mug of ale for himself.
Sep 18, 2017 12:45 pm
Erich watches as the man sits down and discusses the payment to ride. Scratching the light stubble on his chin, he contemplates the implications.

Well, he could be a contact using this as an excuse to get with them. I wonder....

He leans over to Bughu and whispers to him.

I don't trust the skinny man. I'm not exactly sure what he's up to, but it seems odd to pick that group out, doesn't it?
Sep 18, 2017 3:37 pm
"Yep," Bughu says quietly. He sips his drink, then says into his mug, "Moreso since this is the first time they've left their wagons. Almost like their meeting was arranged."
Sep 26, 2017 2:37 am
"Well, we don't know what they got planned. Maybe we can only keep an eye on where they go, like Sir Frume wanted," says Bughu, taking a bite from his now-cold meal.
Sep 26, 2017 12:23 pm
OOC:
Sorry for the delay. Just looking for another player at the moment!
Oct 1, 2017 2:41 am
Naatkinson sent a note to Moofsalot
Oct 1, 2017 3:34 am
I pluck at the lute in a frenzy before coming to my epic conclusion and stop, allowing the silence to linger as I bask in it, even if it's my own imagined silence. "And that, my friends, is the tale of the Dragon and the Wolf." I stand and take a deep bow. As I look up, I take a look around the room to get a read on it.
Last edited October 1, 2017 3:36 am

Rolls

Performance - (1d20+5)

(13) + 5 = 18

Insight check - (1d20+6)

(12) + 6 = 18

Oct 5, 2017 5:30 pm
OOC:
Oh my gosh... I somehow missed this game on every single pass I've made through the forum list... Sorry guys!
The crowd, which is growing as more and more caravan workers moving into the room, claps and howls appreciatively. Xalana sees that there is a small group of men sitting around the table when a oddly dressed man with a wool cap takes a seat and begins speaking to them quietly. Also in the room you see a Halfling with a sword at his belt, a half-elven man in robes, and a human warrior sitting together around a table.

Oct 6, 2017 2:55 am
HypCo sent a note to Naatkinson
Last edited October 6, 2017 2:56 am
Oct 6, 2017 12:04 pm
Naatkinson sent a note to HypCo
Oct 6, 2017 1:36 pm
Erich sits with his travelling companions, enjoying a tasty ale.
Oct 6, 2017 1:38 pm
I walk around the room in search of tips, making my way towards the group seated at the table. "You all seem like a friendly lot. You have room for one more?"

Moofsalot sent a note to Naatkinson

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

Oct 6, 2017 7:09 pm
Oct 6, 2017 7:13 pm
"A fine ballad! Very fine. Quite relatable. By all means, certainly, join us." Jon scoots his chair over to make room and offers the musician a silver piece.
Oct 7, 2017 2:54 am
OOC:
Maybe this is a tavern with an open-faced patio or something looking into the common room, where Myrio and Bughu can stay by the wagons while still watching the performance. Otherwise, I'm okay with retconning my position to be at a table.
Last edited October 7, 2017 2:55 am
Oct 7, 2017 2:55 am
CancerMan says:
OOC:
Maybe this is a tavern with an open-faced patio or something looking into the common room, where Myrio and Bughu can stay by the wagons while still watching the performance.
OOC:
Yes, let's go with that. That will solve the problem of my not paying enough attention to what's going on!
load next

Thread locked