Chapter Three: On the Road

load previous
Oct 21, 2017 2:43 am
I laugh, giving Bughu a playful punch on the shoulder. "Relax! Things can seem pretty bleak at times, but don't you worry. There is still hope. Most people are good if you just give them a chance."
Oct 22, 2017 1:49 am
Bughu fills Xalana in on the events since their departure from Elturel, and their observations of the cultists.
OOC:
Good to go for the next morning!
Oct 23, 2017 3:36 am
The next morning, you set out once more, this time with Xalana to assist you. The strange robed man is still with the cultists and spends his time riding at the front of one of the wagons.

Leda, one of the guards of another caravan, approaches partway through the day. "Skinny guy is a bit odd, don't you think?" she asks conversationally, "'Specially since they wouldn't take people on in Baldur's Gate. Your little friend is a much more welcome addition to the journey, I think," she says with a wink at Xalana.
Oct 23, 2017 12:43 pm
A bit odd about sums it up, I would say. Erich mentions, quietly. Probably a good reason to stay a little more alert.
Oct 23, 2017 1:05 pm
"Smart idea! Say, anyone interested in a song or two? Of course, I’ll need a bit of a warm-up first. Excuse me for a moment." I begin vocalizing and moving my arms, first in bizarre fluid patterns, and then in various practiced motions.
[ +- ] Casting Detect Thoughts
OOC:
Fyi am only reading surface thoughts of as many of the "main" cultists as possible without detection, so no need for wisdom save

Rolls

Deception (just in case) - (1d20+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

Oct 23, 2017 4:15 pm
Bughu lets Erich handle the conversation with Leda, while he maintains his overwatch on both the caravan and the cultists.
Oct 23, 2017 9:45 pm
Leda watches Xalana with amusement, "I'd love to have some more music! Your show last night was spectacular," she says happily.

As Xalana finishes her spell, she begins to hear the thoughts of the cultists. Most of what she gets from them is a sense of boredom. She does catch one of them wondering how much treasure has been amassed already at the 'castle'.
Oct 24, 2017 5:36 pm
"You got it!" And with that, I sing a happy song of adventurous travel and amassed fortunes, hoping to entertain and reduce the boredom of anyone within earshot.

Rolls

Performance - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

Oct 26, 2017 9:32 pm
As Leda turns her attention to Xalana and her dulcet tones, Erich sits back and enjoys the music while keeping an eye on the cultists and their wagon.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(15) + 2 = 17

Oct 27, 2017 2:19 am
Leda walks with your wagon as you go, happily humming along with Xalana's excellent song. Laselfro suddenly bursts into song, breaking his usual brooding silence. His voice is a fine tenor and goes well with Xalana's music. Even the cultists seem to be amused by the music.

As you continue your show, there is a loud crack and then a crunch as the back wheel on one of the cult wagons breaks. Before anyone can react, a crate falls from the back of their wagon and cracks open. You see inside the crate is coins and jewelry. The cultists quickly move into action and get the crate back to where it goes before beginning to inspect the wheel.
Oct 27, 2017 6:49 pm
Mryio leans in to whisper to Bughu "I'm going to go up and test their reaction to someone approaching; keep and eye on them and watch my back." He makes his way towards the cultist's wagon "Should of used some of that gold to purchase a finer wagon, ay?" he peers over to inspect the wheel as well "Or, judging by that wheel, a separate wagon. My pops used to make these in his free time for some spare gold on the side; you overbore it—you can tell by how the wheel broke, it was from strain. I'm quite surprised actually that you made it as far as you did."
Oct 27, 2017 7:13 pm
Bughu rests his left arm against Ulyeltin's wagon as he stands to its side, trying to keep the cultists in full view. He also tries to make it look like he is resting while waiting for the repairs, but he is really setting up his firing position for his crossbow should it come to that.
Oct 28, 2017 12:57 am
The cultists seem to be embarrassed and slightly grumpy, but don't try to force Mryio away, "Yeah? You think so?" one of them asks, "You wanna take a look at our extra? See if it's any good?"

The man in the wool cap is scowling and watching Mryio from the bench of another wagon.
Oct 28, 2017 2:52 am
I lean towards Erich and tap him on the shoulder. He hears a whisper in his head. They're taking all the treasure they've picked up and bringing it to a castle. Know of any around here? Out loud I say "Has anyone ever told you that your eyes are lovely?"
OOC:
Using Message
Last edited October 28, 2017 3:23 am
Oct 28, 2017 11:52 am
Erich blushes just slightly at the spoken word.

Ahh -- uhm - not precisely, no. I've lived alone for the last many years. he stammers out, trying to think of any castles that would be in the area.

Rolls

Flat INT roll.... - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Oct 28, 2017 6:44 pm
Naatkinson says:
The cultists seem to be embarrassed and slightly grumpy, but don't try to force Mryio away, "Yeah? You think so?" one of them asks, "You wanna take a look at our extra? See if it's any good?"

The man in the wool cap is scowling and watching Mryio from the bench of another wagon.
Mryio leans in to get a better view, with a nod, he replies "Not much to look at to be frank, your issue wasn't really wheels or the cart, it was just the weight; you just need to offload some of the weight and you'll be golden."
Oct 29, 2017 2:58 am
With the long and varied history of the Sword Coast, there are a hundred different possible castle that the man could have been thinking of. Many are abandoned, but there are some that occasionally have residents, though they are usually evicted one way or another.

The man scowls at Mryio, "Not much help. Can't just get rid of the goods we been hired to transport, can we?"
Oct 29, 2017 7:31 am
Mryio shrugs "I'm just telling you the cards that were dealt. I don't want to delay this caravan any longer than it needs to be and I know wagons." Mryio stares at the man, his face stoic "So you can pout and growl at me all you want, that doesn't change the fact that your cart is overburdened and, without displacing some of the weight, your spare is bound to break as well. And I don't remember ever telling you to get rid of your goods. Come on, use your brain; have your men carry a box or two, hire one of the other driver to take some of your burden; silk doesn't weight that much and I'm sure, if you pad her pockets a bit, she wouldn't mind easing your cargo." He shrugs again "I've given you the information and some options to do with as you please; I really don't care one way or the other so long as you work towards not delaying this caravan further."
Oct 29, 2017 7:41 am
Bughu watches the exchange, maintaining his overwatch on Myrio. He spares a glance to the Wool Cap to gauge the other man's reaction.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

load next

Thread locked