Chapter Three: On the Road

load previous
Nov 10, 2017 4:43 pm
Bughu says, "You can what?"
Nov 10, 2017 4:56 pm
I smile and point at my head. He hears me speaking into his mind.
[ +- ] Message to Bughu
Nov 10, 2017 4:59 pm
"Um, okay," says Bughu, surprised and off-footed. "You, uh... what happens if he finds out?"
Nov 11, 2017 4:30 am
"He’ll probably be mad at me I guess."
Nov 13, 2017 5:20 pm
Bughu nods. "I guess so," he says. "Will it be obvious that it's you?"
Nov 16, 2017 11:58 pm
OOC:
Just waiting on you guys to decide a course of action :)
Nov 17, 2017 1:25 am
"Probably. Unless he has a lot of friends that read minds for fun, chances are he'll trust me least and blame me first."
Nov 17, 2017 2:38 am
Bughu nods again. "Let us know when you do it, and if you need backup."
Nov 20, 2017 3:02 am
"How about right now?" I begin the incantation, inter-weaving it into a simple, jaunty tune as I begin to walk around the inn. Once I have the attention of a few patrons, I begin to slowly increase by volume as I sing. I point at the nearest patron by the bar. "You, there! Give me a name of a town of ill repute, and the name of a large mammal." I slowly make my way towards the man in the wool hat, hoping to time my song so that my third or fourth verse will (hopefully) include his input.

Rolls

Performance - (1d20+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

Deception? - (1d20+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Nov 20, 2017 3:54 am
Bughu tries to keep Xalana in sight, his hands habitually checking the readiness of his bows.
Nov 20, 2017 2:05 pm
Erich, contented that the wagons were not going anywhere he needed to be concerned with, slips back into the bar and back to his seat, as Xalana begins the fabulous performance. He holds his hand up, signalling he'd like a flagon of ale.
Nov 21, 2017 4:35 pm
The man looks surprised to be called on, but goes along with it, "Umm... Skullport and Horses!"

The man in the hat sits quietly and watches Xalana's performance, sipping from a glass of wine.

At Erich's signal, one of the serving staff makes their way over and delivers a mug of ale from him, collecting 4 cp in payment.
Nov 24, 2017 3:35 pm
OOC:
Bump! Let me know when you're ready to probe his mind :)
Nov 24, 2017 4:00 pm
It’s not my best song, but it’s the one I break out when I arrive in a new town and need to warm up the crowd. I continue around the room, mixing in more key words from the audience and spinning a ridiculous tale that is a spin on a local legend, as told by the hero’s trusty horse. When I continue around the room for the third time I briefly make eye contact with my target.
OOC:
I was totally going to write a song but I have a cold and it’s Thanksgiving weekend so I’m being lazy. Mind probe time!

Rolls

Performance - (1d20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

Nov 24, 2017 4:31 pm
Xalana performs the song very well, much to the delight of the people at the tavern. Those in the tavern, including most of the cultists, shake with laughter, and even the wool-capped man seems amused by the tale.

As Xalana tries to peer into his mind, she briefly gets a peek at his thoughts, which seem to include a name, "Rezmir", and an image of a black half-dragon. She is then forcibly shoved out of his mind and he glares furiously at Xalana, he leans in to speak to the others in his group, all of whom become very serious and head upstairs.
Nov 27, 2017 4:19 pm
I smile and wink at the man, then watch as the group heads upstairs.
[ +- ] Message to Bughu
Nov 27, 2017 4:28 pm
Bughu looks over to Myrio and nods. "She's been spotted," he says, unsure that he picked the right word for this type of arcane discovery.
[ +- ] Reply to Xalana
Nov 28, 2017 6:17 pm
OOC:
Anything else for the rest of the day or is it time to skip forward? It's currently about 1 PM. Also, do you plan to see if you can sneak in to look at the cultist wagons tonight?
Nov 28, 2017 7:31 pm
Bughu consults with the others. "Since they suspect Xalana, should we try to take a look at that wagon? We know they've already got it full of their loot for the cult, thanks to that accident on the road. I think I'm more inclined to keep an eye over our musician. What say the rest of you?"
Nov 28, 2017 10:31 pm
Mryio nods in agreement "Let's see if they're the type to silence the curious mind while it sleeps." He turns to face Xalana "You have nothing to fear from them if they choose to attack you at night. I will be there awaiting with my words and if they, like so many before, foolishly decline they will find peaceful doesn't mean helpless; and with Bughu at my side, I'm sure if you wanted you could sleep soundly through the night." He ends with a gentle smile and a sip of his water.
load next

Thread locked