Chapter Three: On the Road

load previous
Dec 27, 2017 2:32 pm
'Kevin' looks around, appearing scared. Suddenly he rushes forward and attempts to grab hold of Xalana.
OOC:
Xalana, give me an Acrobatics or Athletics check to avoid being grappled

Rolls

'Kevin' Athletics to grapple Xalana - (1d20+2)

(14) + 2 = 16

Dec 28, 2017 3:11 am
"Hey! Watch your hands!" I attempt to twist just out of his grasp.

Rolls

Acrobatics - (1d20+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Dec 28, 2017 1:10 pm
As a Kevin grabs me, I stare at the wall adjacent to the next room and direct a message through to one of my companions on the other side. Worth a shot!
[ +- ] Message
Dec 30, 2017 8:01 pm
Kevin begins pushing Xalana toward the window as her message reaches the ears of Bughu, who wakes out of a light sleep. As you reach the window, Kevin pushes Xalana, attempting to force her out and cause her to fall.
OOC:
Xalana, give me another Acrobatics check to stop from being shoved out of the window!

Rolls

Kevin Athletics - (1d20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

Dec 30, 2017 8:27 pm
Bughu leaps from his chair with a start, surprised out of his doze. "Trouble!" he hisses to Myrio and the others. Scimitar at his waist and hand crossbow armed, Bughu flings the bedroom door open to make his way quickly to Xalana's room.
Dec 30, 2017 8:47 pm
Erich sleepily wakes up as Bughu shouts. Rubbing his eyes, he shuffles off after the warrior, patting his chest to find his arcane focus hanging from his neck.

Wha - what's happening? he says quietly, squinting down the hall.
Jan 3, 2018 12:00 am
Jon rolls out of bed and follows, not at all comprehending what is going on but knowing that he'd best stay with his group.
Jan 3, 2018 3:18 am
"HEY! You should be ashamed of yourself! I was trying to play nice!"
OOC:
Would like to attempt Cutting Words... forgot that I could maybe use that on an ability check?
Last edited January 3, 2018 3:21 am

Rolls

Acrobatics - (1d20+3)

(17) + 3 = 20

Cutting Words - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Jan 3, 2018 4:10 am
Mryio is quick on Bughu's tail, having a suspicion of what is wrong, no time is wasted grabbing weapons as he rushes to Xalana's room.
OOC:
You can definitely use cutting words for ability checks. What a save!
Jan 4, 2018 3:25 am
Just before she goes tumbling out the window, Xalana manages to turn Kevin enough that she bumps hard into the wall instead of sailing into the open air. Just a moment later, the door bursts open and her companions are standing there armed
Jan 4, 2018 4:12 pm
Bughu steps into the room and to the side of the doorway, clearing the space for the others to enter. He brings up his hand crossbow to eye level with the other man. "Stop right there," he says, letting his weapon add all the emphasis.
Jan 4, 2018 8:09 pm
Erich follows Bughu into the room, quickly making an assessment of the room before setting his sights on Kevin holding the new person near the window. A slightly manic smile starts to spread across his face as he brings one hand up, the other gripping the deep red gem at his neck.

I'd listen to him. It's good advice. he says. Gods above help this man if he pushes Bughu.
Jan 6, 2018 2:40 am
Kevin sighs and lets go of Xalana, "Fine, I surrender," he says.
Jan 9, 2018 6:38 pm
Bughu motions for Kevin to step away from the window. "Disarm him. And take off his mask," he asks of the others, maintaining his aim to keep the man subdued.
Jan 9, 2018 7:16 pm
Mryio quickly imposes himself between Kevin and Xalana. He stares at Kevin "You can keep your dignity and remove the mask and your weapons yourself or I can do it for you, the choice is yours; I'll prove a bit more than a challenge than a gnome who is half asleep, especially after you get an arrow lodged in your throat." He gives a backwards nod towards Bughu to further push his point.
Jan 9, 2018 8:08 pm
Kevin sighs and pulls his mask off slowly. Once the mask is off, you can see that Kevin is a middle-aged man with a terribly scarred face. It's quite obvious that he's not a part of the caravan that you've been traveling with.
Jan 9, 2018 8:41 pm
"Your weapons won't do you no good but if they make you feel more comfortable, if anything, keeping them will only make the one aiming an arrow at you upset." Mryio shrugs and pauses, giving Kevin a chance to relieve his weapons if he wants.

"Let's see how we are going to play. What are you doing here?"
Jan 11, 2018 4:55 am
"I would think that it's obvious," he says, glancing at Xalana, "I'm here to kill the little one, of course."
Jan 11, 2018 4:57 am
"If they sent you, I guess they weren't all that serious about it! Who sent you anyway?"
Jan 11, 2018 4:49 pm
Mryio clears his throat "'I was here', past tense; you will not lay a hand on her."
load next

Thread locked