Chapter Three: On the Road

load previous
Jan 11, 2018 5:14 pm
Bughu keeps his hand crossbow steady in Kevin's direction, and uses his other hand to close the door.
Jan 12, 2018 2:57 am
"My employer is not known to you," Kevin says, ignoring Xalana's jibe, "Suffice it to say that he is not pleased by your meddling."
Jan 18, 2018 4:29 am
"Yeah, well we're not so happy with you either. Give me one reason why we shouldn't turn you over to the authorities."
Jan 20, 2018 12:14 am
Kevin shrugs, "Do what you must. I assure you that it will make little difference in the long run."
Jan 22, 2018 4:40 pm
"Then it shouldn't matter what you reveal to us," says Bughu. "Step away from the window and have a seat. Tell us who your employer is."
Jan 23, 2018 4:17 am
Kevin sighs, defeated, and sits, "Can't tell you much, honestly. Never met 'im."

He cracks his neck loudly and sighs again, this time in relief, "I was told to kill the little one," he explains, "Note said she was digging in places she shouldn't've been digging. Whatever that means."
Jan 26, 2018 6:05 pm
"Well, he’s useless. Now what? If we release you, you gonna try again? I won’t be so nice a second time."
Jan 26, 2018 9:54 pm
"Nope, I'll leave you alone," he says, "I know when I'm outmatched."
Jan 26, 2018 10:13 pm
Bughu asks, "Where did you get the note? Was it delivered in-person?"
Jan 27, 2018 1:47 am
"It was. A young boy delivered it to me but an hour ago," he says with a shrug, as if the messenger isn't important.
Jan 27, 2018 2:11 am
"...A child." Mryio whispers in disgust "Do you know where we'd be able to find this boy? I'm guessin' you still don't have the note."
Last edited January 27, 2018 4:06 am
Jan 27, 2018 2:30 am
"Didn't pay much attention to his appearance to be honest," Kevin says, "and I burned the note as soon as I finished readin' it. I'm not stupid enough to leave that lying around."
Jan 27, 2018 2:38 am
"Where'd you meet him? I'd imagine there isn't too many children running around at this time of night. What were you to do upon completion?"
Jan 27, 2018 3:39 am
"He came knocking on my door. Note said that the little one's worth 500 gold pieces. Just had to kill her and bring a lock of hair and her instrument to the old well when I was done."
Jan 27, 2018 4:11 am
"Have you done business with them before? How did they know to send the boy to you? Mryio brushes his mustache in thought before turning to Xalana "'Little one', how willing would you be to part with some of your hair and momentarily separate from your instrument?"
Jan 27, 2018 4:20 am
"500 gold! Wow! He must really be afraid of me!" I beam with pride, despite myself. "Um, well, I guess I could use a haircut, but yeah you'd have to pry this lute from my dead body. He at least got that part right. Sorry."
Jan 27, 2018 4:40 am
Mryio smiles at Xalana "Not a worry. It didn't say it had to be your lute...wouldn't happen to have a spare instrument, would you? Or perhaps a way to emulate your lute? It is dark out, it wouldn't have to be perfect, just enough to make them believe the job was completed."
Jan 30, 2018 5:00 pm
"We can try. I don’t have another instrument but maybe we can make it look like he’s carrying it? What did you have in mind?"
Jan 30, 2018 10:59 pm
Mryio shrugs "You're the musician, you'd be best fit to recreate your lute." He turns back to Kevin "What happens when you arrive at the old well? Stand and wait? Wave the items in the air showing completion?"
Jan 30, 2018 11:07 pm
"I just go over there and wait. The instrument has to be visible," Kevin replies with a sigh, seeing that this isn't going to get better any time soon.
load next

Thread locked