Chapter Three: On the Road

load previous
Jan 30, 2018 11:17 pm
Bughu quietly maintains his watch on Kevin, content to leave the questioning to the others.
Feb 4, 2018 2:37 am
"What if you carry me back instead and pretend I'm dead?"
Feb 4, 2018 3:34 am
Kevin holds up one hand and slowly places a hand in a pouch at his side, "Don't worry, just getting my pipe," he says soothingly, slowly pulling out a pipe and a pouch of scented tobacco, "Anybody mind?"

"As for carrying you back... I think it's a tad risky," he says, "Assassins follow directions or we don't get paid."
Feb 4, 2018 4:17 am
"Alright, fine." With tears, I take out my lute and clutch it tightly. "You can take this lute back to him. But if things go south, you're going to protect it with your life and give it back to me after. We're doing you a favor here."
Feb 4, 2018 6:07 am
"Yes, I mind," says Bughu, finally. "You keep your hands free of anything. I don't trust you with fire and smoke."
Feb 6, 2018 1:32 am
Kevin sighs, but obeys and reluctantly puts his pipe and pouch back, "So, what do you need me to do?"
Feb 7, 2018 12:38 am
Erich continues watching his compatriots deal with the would-be assassin. It would be easy enough to just blast him in the face. No one to mutter about us. But perhaps this deception is worth it.
Feb 12, 2018 1:36 am
OOC:
Bump!

It seems as though the plan is to give Kevin the instrument and have him meet at the intended spot so that you can ambush whoever hired him?
Feb 12, 2018 4:09 am
OOC:
I am in with that plan.
Bughu informs the others that he will find a rooftop or other suitable perch to keep an eye on the meeting spot.
Feb 12, 2018 5:46 am
"You completed your job, you had no problems completing it, all went normal; that is how you'll act. I will not turn you in to the guards, when we confront the man that hired you, you are free to go; in return, I hope you find a different job, one where you know your employer and don't need to hide what you do."
Feb 13, 2018 4:06 am
"It's not that I don't trust you, Kevin. But you did try to kill me, so... sorry about this. I have to try, anyway." I place a hand on his shoulder and attempt to cast Suggestion. "You'll go to the spot you usually go to when the job you're hired for is complete, and you'll convince them that you did what they paid you to do. And if it all goes wrong and they're onto you or us, you'll do everything you can to return my lute safely back to me."
[ +- ] Suggestion
Last edited February 13, 2018 4:08 am
Feb 16, 2018 4:38 am
Kevin nods, "I understand," he says confidently, "I will protect your lute with my life."

With that, Kevin sets out to the appointed meeting place. You all find relatively hidden places around the spot where you can watch safely. He moves up and leans against the edge of the well to wait as nonchalantly as possible. After about ten minutes, you see a hooded figure approaching from the north. The figure is obviously quite large, though it appears to be trying to disguise its size.

The figure moves close to Kevin and begins speaking to him in whispers so low that you can't hear.
Feb 16, 2018 4:40 pm
From his perch, Bughu sets his eye on the large figure. In his role on overwatch, he waits for the others to act.
Feb 16, 2018 6:09 pm
Mryio stumbles out from his hiding spot, falls on the floor and unsteadily gets back up "Oi, where'dsh you come fromsh floor? He He He." He raises his hand up above his eyes, swaying from side to side "Oi, Dave-o? Thash you o'er ther? Ya propa shafted me atsh the pub mate. Can'tsh hold your liquor, had to bug out, mate? Was lookin' for you a good 10 minutesh before I hadta hit the dunny." He stumbles, waving from side to side, towards the well and the would-be assassin and figure.
Feb 16, 2018 9:07 pm
Erich takes a moment to look for any other miscreants nearby, as well as anything potentially flammable near where the meeting is happening.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Feb 17, 2018 12:50 am
Jon lies in wait near Bughu.
Feb 17, 2018 1:08 am
OOC:
Mryio, roll me some deception
Feb 17, 2018 8:38 am

Rolls

Deception - (1d20+3)

(20) + 3 = 23

Feb 21, 2018 3:53 am
Mryio's ruse is near-impossible to pierce and the figure growls. As it does so, the cloak behind it swishes, revealing a draconic tail which is lashing nervously, "Go, drunkard, lest I kill you where you stand!" it growls.
Feb 23, 2018 4:02 pm
Bughu guesses quietly, "Another half-dragon? Their agents are everywhere, it seems." He adjusts his crossbow and aims at the large figure.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(20) + 3 = 23

load next

Thread locked